• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    To be honest, might I recommend Super Training? It's the easiest, fastest way to fully EV train a Pokemon in Gen 6, in my opinion. Play a bunch of the mini-games, keep track of the EV's, and within a hour or two you can max out a Pokemon's EV's.

To be fair Sweet Scenting Hordes with Pokérus and the proper Power item takes about 15-20 minutes to fully EV Train. That's being generous giving you plenty of time to travel to new locations to train the next stat.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    anyone know a good guide on radar chaining?
    (one that tells you what to avoid)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Do shinys get better stats in x and y? heard somewhere that they get more EVs or something. Would it be worth giving up a IV breeded Pokemon for a shiny?

Shinies do not get better stats. Their stats are the same as all other Pokémon. Also, if you're planning to battle competitively, then IV-bred Pokémon are not worth giving up; they're a bit stronger. You can if you really want, though. It's all up to you. :p

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    Is the Pokemon Global link; Linked to the Gamecarts or Nintendo Network IDs / 3DS Consoles. So Lets say I want to upload PokeMiles on the online store then transfer my newly bought items back, does it matter which Nintendo Network ID I use or the 3DS Consoles. Or is it Cart only?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    For example, I put a Snivy up for trade in the GTS.
    Minutes later, I checked the GTS again and it was finally traded (hello random Unown).
    But then after I exit the GTS, I didn't save and just turned off my 3DS.

Is the Unown saved or will it be gone?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So just the super rod will do it?

is it possible to have legitimate 5th generation starters at this point, or will they only be available once pokeBank and poketransporter are released?

I don't see why you can't do it with the other rods. The Serebii page just mentions the Super Rod because its around then that the game informs you of chain fishing.

Yes, thanks to the Japanese, you can have legit 5th gen starters. They have PokeBank (WTF Nintendo is waiting for in regards to the release of the Bank to the the rest of us, IDK), so they've imported various pokemon that are unobtainable in Kalos, bred them, and then have put them up for trade on the GTS and/or sent them out via Wonder Trade. So look there.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Is it possible to have legitimate 5th generation starters at this point, or will they only be available once PokeBank and PokeTransporter are released?

Deceit

Toxic.
    Years
  • For example, I put a Snivy up for trade in the GTS.
    Minutes later, I checked the GTS again and it was finally traded (hello random Unown).
    But then after I exit the GTS, I didn't save and just turned off my 3DS.

Is the Unown saved or will it be gone?
    I've done the same thing before, and although I'm not exactly sure if it saves right after the trade, the trade will complete and you will still have the Unown.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • What happens when you reach 999.99 play time? I doubt I'd reach it ever, but I'm curious.

Also, say I give an egg from my Pokemon game set to Korean to my friend who plays the game set to English, will the Pokemon that hatches be considered Korean or English?

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2014
    Does Lapras get Heal Bell in Pokemon X from the move tutor? It's not there from what I can see and it's upsetting!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Does Lapras get Heal Bell in Pokemon X from the move tutor? It's not there from what I can see and it's upsetting!

The only move tutors in X/Y are the Pledges, the "starter" Hyper Beams (Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon), Draco Meteor (for Dragons), Secret Sword (for Keldeo) and Relic Song (for Meloetta).

Lapras can only get Heal Bell as a HG/SS/B2/W2 tutor move.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2014
    -Cries- Okay. So what should attack should I give it. My Lapras knows surf, ice beam, and thunder. I don't know the nature I used bc im in battle but has evs in hp sp. d and 6 in sp. atk. Ability is water absorb

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    -Cries- Okay. So what should attack should I give it. My Lapras knows surf, ice beam, and thunder. I don't know the nature I used bc im in battle but has evs in hp sp. d and 6 in sp. atk. Ability is water absorb

Don't worry about EVs--you could reset them any time you like. :] As for attacks, I guess they would depend on what nature your Lapras has. If it's got Calm, then you should go with Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Toxic, and Roar. If it has either Jolly or Adamant, then teach it Dragon Dance, Substitute, Waterfall, and Return. And if its nature's Careful, then choose Curse, Rest, Sleep Talk, and Avalanche.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is it possible to have legitimate 5th generation starters at this point, or will they only be available once PokeBank and PokeTransporter are released?

ALL the starters are legitimate to have, you just can't get them all in game, but go onto the GTS (or even Wonder Trade) and you can find all gen 1 - 6 starters because Japan and Korea already had Pokebank so all their bred starters got traded around, got bred more and those got passed around and so on and so on. The only thing you can't have is the Gen 2 and 5 starters with their hidden abilities legitimately. Those would all be hacked apparently, but you can absolutely have the starters themselves completely legit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back