• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I am traning Mega Charizard X and I am woundering is flare Blitz a good move for it?

Years
  • Both its special attack and attack are 130, so yeah, it's still a very viable move.

Plus, remember that Mega Charizard X has an ability that boosts the power of attacks that make contact with the foe, so yeah definitely give it some of those attacks when you can. I gave mine Dragon Claw, Flare Blitz and Fly so he gets the boost from said ability.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Plus, remember that Mega Charizard X has an ability that boosts the power of attacks that make contact with the foe, so yeah definitely give it some of those attacks when you can. I gave mine Dragon Claw, Flare Blitz and Fly so he gets the boost from said ability.

it is just that... it dose not have good HP... I am wondering if it is good in long term ( PS I have outrage for dragon type move.)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • it is just that... it dose not have good HP... I am wondering if it is good in long term ( PS I have outrage for dragon type move.)

Ah. That awful base 78 HP. If you're really worried about it being whittled down too quickly just use a special fire attack instead as Flare Blitz is the only decent physical fire attack Charizard gets. You could try Fire Fang or Flame Charge but there's a huge power drop.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Ah. That awful base 78 HP. If you're really worried about it being whittled down too quickly just use a special fire attack instead as Flare Blitz is the only decent physical fire attack Charizard gets. You could try Fire Fang or Flame Charge but there's a huge power drop.

I am worried because I am wondering which ev should I focus on: attack and speed or attack and special attack?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I am worried because I am wondering which ev should I focus on: attack and speed or attack and special attack?

I'd go with Attack and Speed. With its ability, Mega Charizard X won't be doing a massive amount of special attacking since physical ones hit so much harder, so SpAtk EVs won't be of great benefit to you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Am I correct in interpreting Facade on Sylveon? Okay, it has base power of 70, if I get afflicted with a status ailment the move doubles to 140, and if it has Pixilate, the move then gets an additional 30% bonus to make it 182, plus since Pixilate turns normal type moves to Fairy type thus giving it STAB does that make the move 273?

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    Definitely use them as Wonder Trade fodder, many breeders are doing so. I've got many great Pokemon by WTing, including ones with perfect IVs and now even Bank Pokemon.

Yup I imagine most of them will end up in the Wonder Trade.

What do you mean by "perfect IVs?"

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Should I choice band a Haxorus or choice scarf it? I have dragon dance and I'm not loving it

I don't think Choice items are so great for Haxorus any more. Too easy for opponents to exploit its shallow movepool. Can't spam Outrage anymore cuz Fairies, and it doesn't get much else besides Earthquake, Poison Jab, and Brick Break (all good moves, but fairly easy to work around). If Dragon Dance isn't working for you, try Swords Dance. As for an item, a Yache or Roseli Berry would be good.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Am I correct in interpreting Facade on Sylveon? Okay, it has base power of 70, if I get afflicted with a status ailment the move doubles to 140, and if it has Pixilate, the move then gets an additional 30% bonus to make it 182, plus since Pixilate turns normal type moves to Fairy type thus giving it STAB does that make the move 273?

Yeah, that sounds right to me. Thats quite a lot of power.

Now, it sounds great that you've found a move that comes out to a power of 273, but theres one little problem: The only pokes that get Pixilate, Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir, have crappy Attack, which is what Facade works off of. Hyper Voice (whenever the hell PokeBank is released) is better, since it works off of their better Special Attack. 90x1.3x1.5= 175. Still impressive, and it hits through subs too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Yeah, that sounds right to me. Thats quite a lot of power.

Now, it sounds great that you've found a move that comes out to a power of 273, but theres one little problem: The only pokes that get Pixilate, Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir, have crappy Attack, which is what Facade works off of. Hyper Voice (whenever the hell PokeBank is released) is better, since it works off of their better Special Attack. 90x1.3x1.5= 175. Still impressive, and it hits through subs too.

Oh crap, you're right! I forgot about that! man, without move tutors almost all the Eeveelutions suck! Glacieon can't even learn a water move.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So I've got a greninja with adamnt nature, can someone give me a good moveset for an adamant greninja?

Unfortunately for you, Adamant is a bad nature for Greninja. While it looks like it could pull off a physical set, it doesn't actually work in battle (trust me, I've tried). Greninja works best with a special moveset with a Speed boosting nature. So yer gonna have to breed another one or something.

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
  • Breeding hidden abilities

Hi x)

I'm wondering if it's at all possible to obtain a hidden ability via breeding without either parents knowing it. If it's not possible, how can I obtain a Treecko with a hidden ability in XY? Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Nope, not at all possible if neither parent knows it. If you want a Treecko with Unburden you'll have to trade something with someone who has one so they'll breed you one. I might know a guy. Pm me, lol! :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    For the baby pokemon to have the hidden ability, at least one of the parents have to have it. However ditto with Imposter does not work under this same mechanic.

For example:

Overgrow Treecko + Overgrow Treecko = Overgrow Treecko
    Limber Ditto + Overgrow Treecko = Overgrow Treecko
    Imposter Ditto + Overgrow Treecko = Overgrow Treecko
    Any Ditto + Unburden Treecko = some Overgrow Treecko and some Unburden Treecko
    Overgrow Treecko + Unburden Treecko = some Overgrow Treecko and some Unburden Treecko

I think you can see where i'm going with this. The female pokemon ability always takes precedence too. One thing that i've noticed with my own breeding though, there is roughly the same chance that you'll get a hidden ability egg pokemon when breeding a hidden ability pokemon with ditto, than you'd get a hidden ability pokemon with a standard ability pokemon of the same species.

Combine this with the fact that egg moves can pass down through ditto now, that females can pass egg moves and males can pass hidden abilities, and ditto has become even more useful than ever in breeding. However in your case, you'd still need an Unburden Treecko to get another Unburden Treecko.

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
  • Imposter Ditto + Overgrow Treecko = Overgrow Treecko

Wait, how does that work? xD sorry if I'm missing the obvious, I've yet to go to sleep :P

One other question: if I have a Pokemon with a hidden ability and its evolution has a different hidden ability, and my Pokemon evolves, is it guaranteed to get the new hidden ability?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Trying to make a maximize a Smeargle to make me money. (obviously it's not going to be a huge amount of money like some of the other options in game, but it will be something to gain some money as I'm running around exploring) Anyway, I am getting a Smeargle with Technician, holding an Amulet Coin, Sketching Happy Hour (and for a move that people on these boards are claiming to "just be giving away" on the GTS I can't find a single one that isn't asking for a legendary, but whatever) PayDay, Odor Sleuth/Foresight onto. Is there anything else I can stack on the Smeargle to maximize the payout? Or is Happy Hour and Amulet Coin/Luck incense the only things I can stack on to up the payout from normal battles? Thanks!

Wait, how does that work? xD sorry if I'm missing the obvious, I've yet to go to sleep :P

One other question: if I have a Pokemon with a hidden ability and its evolution has a different hidden ability, and my Pokemon evolves, is it guaranteed to get the new hidden ability?

If the pokemon gets a hidden ability, yes, the hidden ability stays throughout evolutions. HOWEVER, there are some pokemon that when they are in their first form have one hidden ability, but after they evolve, that hidden ability becomes a different hidden ability.

for example, an Eevee can have either Run away or Adaptability as it's normal ability. When you evolve it into a Sylveon, that Sylveon will ALWAYS have Cute Charm no matter what. However, it the Eevee was born with it's hidden ability and you evolve it, the Sylveon will instead have IT'S hidden ability, Pixilate.

But for your purposes, All evolutions of Treecko with the hidden ability unburden will all have unburden

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back