• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
  • At this point, them plastering that big green Z everywhere I look is inspiring me to do a fanart of Zygarde Core... wearing a little Zoro hat and cape, frolicking through the streets while marking things with a glowing green "Z" everywhere he/she/it goes with its little sword.

Unfortunately I don't have that kind of talent lol. I'd title it the Little Green Troll.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • At this point, them plastering that big green Z everywhere I look is inspiring me to do a fanart of Zygarde Core... wearing a little Zoro hat and cape, frolicking through the streets while marking things with a glowing green "Z" everywhere he/she/it goes with its little sword.

Unfortunately I don't have that kind of talent lol. I'd title it the Little Green Troll.
    What I found interesting is that in the Treta logo you shared the blue resembles Xerneas's horns while the red looks like Yvetal wings. Could the art be suggesting a link between the cores and Zygarde?

I've had this on my mind for awhile... but what if the Zygarde core and cells are anime exclusive (I don't think they gave them a height or weight unlike the others...)? Anime Kyurem could transform back and forth with only a bit of Reshiram and Zekrom's power within it. Perhaps in the game Zygarde will need to absorb some power from Xerneas and Yvetal.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • What I found interesting is that in the Treta logo you shared the blue resembles Xerneas's horns while the red looks like Yvetal wings. Could the art be suggesting a link between the cores and Zygarde?

I've had this on my mind for awhile... but what if the Zygarde core and cells are anime exclusive (I don't think they gave them a height or weight unlike the others...)? Anime Kyurem could transform back and forth with only a bit of Reshiram and Zekrom's power within it. Perhaps in the game Zygarde will need to absorb some power from Xerneas and Yvetal.

I noticed the horns and wings in the logo too, it's also interesting that they're featuring Ash and Ash-Greninja in it too. As for the Cores, I think that they'll still be featured in the game somehow... I would hope so, I really like the whole concept that they have going so far with Zygarde. I would feel a little bummed out if they decided to pull another Kyurem with it, I think that Kyurem and Zygarde should have their own unique methods of changing Formes. I do think Xerneas and Yveltal will still be related somehow, because of the blue and red coloring on Complete Forme.

Just now realized that I won't be working during the Super Bowl... half-tempted just to tune in just for the Pokemon commercial, but I think I'll wait till it hits online.

Years
  • I noticed the horns and wings in the logo too, it's also interesting that they're featuring Ash and Ash-Greninja in it too. As for the Cores, I think that they'll still be featured in the game somehow... I would hope so, I really like the whole concept that they have going so far with Zygarde. I would feel a little bummed out if they decided to pull another Kyurem with it, I think that Kyurem and Zygarde should have their own unique methods of changing Formes. I do think Xerneas and Yveltal will still be related somehow, because of the blue and red coloring on Complete Forme.

Just now realized that I won't be working during the Super Bowl... half-tempted just to tune in just for the Pokemon commercial, but I think I'll wait till it hits online.

I meant taking some of their power into it's body, opposed to absorbing the Pokemon themselves.

I have another theory. Maybe Zygarde was born as a result of the Ultimate Weapon. Perhaps AZ did in fact use Xerneas and Yvetal alongside the other mons, and the ecosystem of Kalos was in disarray as a result. Perhaps Zygarde was born from the desires of the dead Pokemon to restore the region back to normal. Perhaps the cells are the result of this with the cores being born from the power of Xerneas and Yvetal. Funny enough some people assumed that that Zygarde core (red) might be part ghost type, so it having ghost Pokemon like origins would be fitting given it's appearance.
    We already saw that prayer helped saved Hoenn as that was what allowed Rayquaza to Mega evolve the first time. So perhaps Kalos is the same way.

Last edited:

Years
  • As far as i know, no. News has been so slow this week that at this stage i'd almost be happy if Pokemon W was announced with Wobbuffet as the mascot xD

Yeah, it might be this way until two weeks from tomorrow (Sunday), by then we'll have the commercial. Even if nothing comes from it we have Corocoro which might have anime news that is linked to the games. Then if that doesn't turn up anything of interest we'll likely have a Direct before next month's end.

Years
  • Yeah, it might be this way until two weeks from tomorrow (Sunday), by then we'll have the commercial. Even if nothing comes from it we have Corocoro which might have anime news that is linked to the games. Then if that doesn't turn up anything of interest we'll likely have a Direct before next month's end.

I'm happy enough because i think we're going to get a game announcement within the next four weeks, so that thought is keeping me sane :) At this point a Z game or set of games is a foregone conclusion for me, it's just a matter of when they announce it. And it makes sense to announce next month.

I just hate all the waiting xD

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Do we know what the new Pokémon commercial is related to?

The only thing that was said is that it's supposed to encourage its audience to "Train On", which is the same slogan that was used in the 20th anniversary video that was shown earlier this month. Other than that, their lips have been sealed... *waiting intensifies*

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I've had this on my mind for awhile... but what if the Zygarde core and cells are anime exclusive (I don't think they gave them a height or weight unlike the others...)

Weren't the Zygarde form officially announced by Game Freak/Masuda?

Usually Game Freak stays clear out of the anime and other spinoff's exclusive forms unless it is related to the core games, like Giratina and Skymin.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Weren't the Zygarde form officially announced by Game Freak/Masuda?

Usually Game Freak stays clear out of the anime and other spinoff's exclusive forms unless it is related to the core games, like Giratina and Skymin.

What's interesting is that all of the Zygarde Formes were revealed in their anime artwork. We still haven't seen any official artwork from Sugimori like what we usually get.

Years
  • What's interesting is that all of the Zygarde Formes were revealed in their anime artwork. We still haven't seen any official artwork from Sugimori like what we usually get.

If they've waited this long i imagine they will wait until a game announcement is made and maybe reveal details in the following issue of corocoro?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I have been wondering the lack of Sugimori official art as well. Which also explains my anger when they didn't reveal the art at the last Direct (that is related to our franchise). :P

Sugimori's official Pokemon arts are 99% connected to the gaming. Therefore revealing an official art by Sugimori can be misinterpreted as 'we have a new game coming soon,' that is why they stayed silent about it.

With Zygarde's forms revealed and appearing in various Pokemon media, I say it's safe to assume that Bliss was accurate on her speculation between the Paris Massacre from last year and the Kalos region being based on France. I mean if that attack didn't happen, I'm sure they would have revealed more details on our third version or Zygarde's in game roles. It was rather odd that Zygarde's new forms were first showcased in other medias before our core games, Zygarde isn't only a Pokemon like Chatot, Marill or one of the legendary like Manaphy, Deoxys, it's a Pokemon that is suppose to be our mascot; a Pokemon that is supposed to have an extreme importance in our next core game(s).

Years
  • I have been wondering the lack of Sugimori official art as well. Which also explains my anger when they didn't reveal the art at the last Direct (that is related to our franchise). :P

Sugimori's official Pokemon arts are 99% connected to the gaming. Therefore revealing an official art by Sugimori can be misinterpreted as 'we have a new game coming soon,' that is why they stayed silent about it.

With Zygarde's forms revealed and appearing in various Pokemon media, I say it's safe to assume that Bliss was accurate on her speculation between the Paris Massacre from last year and the Kalos region being based on France. I mean if that attack didn't happen, I'm sure they would have revealed more details on our third version or Zygarde's in game roles. It was rather odd that Zygarde's new forms were first showcased in other medias before our core games, Zygarde isn't only a Pokemon like Chatot, Marill or one of the legendary like Manaphy, Deoxys, it's a Pokemon that is suppose to be our mascot; a Pokemon that is supposed to have an extreme importance in our next core game(s).
    I also mentioned that possibility to you by Vm soon after the tragedy, but I don't think that's why we have a delay. Giratina Origin forme was revealed prior to the announcement of Platinum too. I'm sure GF is just waiting for a proper date to announce it/them. The 20th anniversary is the best date to announce them. I expect a direct for February 27th.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I also mentioned that possibility to you by Vm soon after the tragedy, but I don't think that's why we have a delay. Giratina Origin forme was revealed prior to the announcement of Platinum too. I'm sure GF is just waiting for a proper date to announce it/them. The 20th anniversary is the best date to announce them. I expect a direct for February 27th.

Unless I'm mistaken, this should be the very first reveal of Giratina in Gen IV, during that time Platinum wasn't announced yet.

February 2008 Giratina anime art
    https://www.pokebeach.com/2008/02/c...ratina-origin-form-and-pokemon-battonage-info

May 2008 Giratina Sugimori art leaked(?)
    https://www.pokebeach.com/2008/05/larger-pokemon-platinum-corocoro-page

If so, you win. (:

So, if we are following the Giratina route, we should be receiving a Cell and Core Zygarde, 10% and 100% Sugimori art around February. Perhaps we should keep an eye to the next two Corocoro issues.

Jagold's idea (?) on the Kalos extension is rather interesting. It works, they can simply create a fourth Kalos dex with roughly 150 Pokemon, similar to the other three Kalos dexes. If we are to follow Jagold's speculation, I believe we'll be seeing the likes of Fairy-types that aren't included in XY, they are the Cottonee, the Togepi and the Cleffa line, which are the only Fairies that are left out in XY's regional dex.

Seeing how XY included all the XY introduced Mega Evolution forms. I believe we can also assume that the Numel, Snorunt, Beldum line will be included in this 4th Kalos Dex. It isn't that surprising if we receive more new Pokemon species at this stage then, it can be 70 more or perhaps 28 more to balance the percentage of old and new Pokemon in the 4th Kalos Dex. Incidentally 28 also forms a perfect 100 along the XY introduced 72 Pokemon in Gen VI. (:

Or they can simply add 89 Pokemon in each current existing Kalos Pokedex. It's the laziest plan, but at least we have a game that has all 721 Pokemon to celebrate the 20 Anni.

TheRusty

The Dragon Master
    Years
  • Unless I'm mistaken, this should be the very first reveal of Giratina in Gen IV, during that time Platinum wasn't announced yet.

https://www.pokebeach.com/2008/02/c...ratina-origin-form-and-pokemon-battonage-info

If so, you win. (:

So, if we are following the Giratina route, we should be receiving a Cell and Core Zygarde, 10% and 100% Sugimori art around February. Perhaps we should keep an eye to the next two Corocoro issues.

Jagold's idea (?) on the Kalos extension is rather interesting. It works, they can simply create a fourth Kalos dex with roughly 150 Pokemon, similar to the other three Kalos dexes. If we are to follow Jagold's speculation, I believe we'll be seeing the likes of Fairy-types that aren't included in XY, they are the Cottonee, the Togepi and the Cleffa line, which are the only Fairies that are left out in XY's regional dex.

Seeing how XY included all the XY introduced Mega Evolution forms. I believe we can also assume that the Numel, Snorunt, Beldum line will be included in this 4th Kalos Dex. It isn't that surprising if we receive more new Pokemon species at this stage then, it can be 70 more or perhaps 28 more to balance the percentage of old and new Pokemon in the 4th Kalos Dex. Incidentally 28 also forms a perfect 100 along the XY introduced 72 Pokemon in Gen VI. (:

Or they can simply add 89 Pokemon in each current existing Kalos Pokedex. It's the laziest plan, but at least we have a game that has all 721 Pokemon to celebrate the 20 Anni.

If anyone noticed, the plot for the movie this year is also revealed. It's about Volcanion meeting Ash and then fleeing to a kingdom. Maybe this had something to do with Pokémon Z?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    If anyone noticed, the plot for the movie this year is also revealed. It's about Volcanion meeting Ash and then fleeing to a kingdom. Maybe this had something to do with Pokémon Z?

Usually referencing from the anime and movies aren't encourage, due to the inconsistency between the games and animation. However, anime is our closest source and way to learn and study about Zygarde and Ash-Greninja (I believe Ash-Greninja is just a temporary name, btw). (:

Serebii said:
    Ignoring the worried Ash and his friends, Volcanion, who hates humans, immediately tries to leave the place. However, the impact of the fall caused Ash and Volcanion to be linked together by a strange device, leaving them unable to separate...!
    This part concerns me more so than that kingdom.

It would be amazing if they link Volcanion to the massive destruction of the Kalos region which eventually seemed to have wiped out the native Kalos Pokemon. (speculation credit goes to ORAS)

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Unless I'm mistaken, this should be the very first reveal of Giratina in Gen IV, during that time Platinum wasn't announced yet.

If so, you win. (:

I sure hope so... that time between the linked Giratina issues was 3 months, whereas right now we stand at about 4 months since Zygarde Formes were officially revealed(6 months since they were teased). Regarding the relationship between the different arts and the games and anime, it's interesting to note that Volcanion's Sugimori art was used last month in its reveal. This is most likely because of Volcanion most likely getting an in-game event soon(ORAS and X/Y I believe?). An interesting point was also brought out on these Twitter posts regarding Volcanion's future event:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/687947088957698049

So if we were to actually get an announcement next month, that would give the game about 5 months of pre-release coverage.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I sure hope so... that time between the linked Giratina issues was 3 months, whereas right now we stand at about 4 months since Zygarde Formes were officially revealed(6 months since they were teased). Regarding the relationship between the different arts and the games and anime, it's interesting to note that Volcanion's Sugimori art was used last month in its reveal. This is most likely because of Volcanion most likely getting an in-game event soon(ORAS and X/Y I believe?). An interesting point was also brought out on these Twitter posts regarding Volcanion's future event:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/687947088957698049

So if we were to actually get an announcement next month, that would give the game about 5 months of pre-release coverage.
    Well, our speculation on Z's postponed announcement kinda get denied. :P Having said that, I still believe that they put the announcement on hold due to what happened. I'd like to stress that I'm not blaming the whole incident, it's rather insensitive and even bad taste of them if they announced a Kalos game on November last year, it was definitely gonna gain controversy.

I hate to take reference from the anime, but I'm citing it not because of the franchise it's how they handle the sensitive issues.

The original episode 23rd from Best Wishes wasn't aired on March 17, 2011 due to the Fukushima Nuclear disaster and 3.11 earthquake. Despite the fact that the move Earthquake has been 'banned' in the anime since 2004 (due to an another unfortunate coincidence to this unaired episode) and the fact that our franchise never uses nuclear weapons of sort (my guess it's because needed or it relates to the Porygon incident?). They were so sensitive enough to not air it. Ugh, I think my wording has made their decision sound bad, but I do not mean that way. I'm actually praising the decision.

Later on, some elements from the unaired BW episode were reused in episode 96 of Best Wishes series and this episode was aired on September 27, 2012
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/BW096

So I believe that the announcement for Z version's gonna happen at least on March or April (not surprising if the announcement is even later), following that logic we might get back to our usual Autumn release this year.

P.S. The 20 Anni happened at the perfect timing, as it created a perfect distraction. No one will question them about the late announcement of Z version.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back