• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years

• It's either one of those four possibilities. But it's a high chance we'll be getting Mega Chesnaut, Mega Delphox and Mega Greninja, as the new Mega Evolutions in the games. And there's also a possibility of the Mega Evolutions of the Johto starters as well. Mega Meganium, Mega Typhlosion, Mega Fereligator X, and Mega Fereligator Y.

What makes you think that Feraligator is going to be the Johto starter to get two Mega Evolutions? Do you have hard evidence, or is this just wishful thinking on at least your part?

Years
  • What makes you think that Feraligator is going to be the Johto starter to get two Mega Evolutions? Do you have hard evidence, or is this just wishful thinking on at least your part?

I sense a bit of favoritism?

There is no hard evidence, he's theorizing just like everyone in this thread is. Maybe he would want that, so he included that as an idea. I mean I would be down with Feraligatr getting two megas because Gatr is the best starter ever tbh imo if I'm honest.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Though someone (irc in Anistar) said another team came by Kalos a couple of years ago, so chances are there was another team (though some think it was Plasma) that were the main villains. So in terms of who's villain it'll be more similar to the Orre games (which saw an evil team replaced by another in the sequel Ex Gale of Darkness), except in reverse as it's a prequel.

I sense that if the new Pokémon games in 2015 are prequels to X/Y, then it sounds to me like we could be getting a brand new villainous team in those games.

I speculate that new villainous team could be out to try and use Zygarde's power or something to take over the Kalos region. Or they might try to capture Xerneas or Yveltal (depending on which version you're playing) and use them.

Btw, Toshinobu Matsumiya has confirmed that Pokémon X/Y takes place around the same time as Pokémon Black 2/White 2. So it would make sense for a prequel to take place two years ago around the same time as Pokémon Black/White.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • She did mention they were looking for the mascot irc so it's likely.

Btw if any Johto starter get two Megas it'll likely be Typlosion (yes more fire favoritism from GF if it comes true). I say this not because it's my favorite Johto starter (it is) but because if you compare Charmander and Cyndaquil's lines you'll see that they all have (irc) the same base stat distribution. Thus Mega Typlosion should if the pattern is to be maintain have two Megas with the same stat distributions as Charizard's Megas. One could stay pure Fire and the other be Fire/Ground or even Fire/Fighting.

I'll like for Mega Feraligtr to be Water/Dragon as it fits with the type best out of all the water starrter Pokémon plus it'll allow each starter type to have one at least Dragon member (Fire-Charizard X, Water- Feraligtr, Grass- Sceptile).
    Meanwhile Mega Meganium can be Grass/Fairy (if at least one or the single Mega Typlosion is Fire/Ground then it'll be able to hit it with Grass for neutral damage (yet it'll resist it's fairy moves) and hit Feraligtr with SE Fairy moves, meanwhile Feraligtr hits Typlosion with 4x SE water and resists Fire 1/4x thus making up for Typlosion getting two Megas as the other two get typing to hurt somewhat (or alot of Fera's case) it's possible two Megas).

Yeah, it'll make sense to tie it in with BW in the general (by this I mean ignoring the alternate events in some of the games) time line. Perhaps post game the player character from BW could pop up. Maybe Blue could show up too (maybe even the rest of the major cast of the games).

Considering ORAS bring's up the PWT (even having some characters saying they're training for it) chances are it'll appear in the next game(s). It'll fit in cameos from past games (perhaps even the player from ORAS using the game link or whatever it's called).

Also it'll be nice if we had a different champion.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    If the Johto starters get megas, I'm pretty sure we can almost all agree that the one to have two megas will it'll be between Typhlosion and Feraligatr. If Typhosion got two, one would probably be pure fire and the other would be fire/ground. If Feraligatr got two, one would probably be water/dragon while the one water/fighting. Meganium would probably have a grass/fairy type mega.
    But, honestly I'd rather have the Kanto starters given out again, mostly because the Johto starters are my least favorite starters.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • And as for Zygarde, it's all too obvious that it will get two new formes in the game, not Mega Evolutions. Because Mega Evolutions don't change their moves. I'd definitely speculate for a Primal Zygarde X and Primal Zygarde Y, just as Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre had. Primal Zygarde X and Primal Zygarde Y would make more sense in this regard, since Thousand Arrows is similar to Xerneas's branch-like antlers, while Thousand Waves is similar to Yveltal's wave-like patterns. But honestly saying, it's very unlikely that there would be a fusion device, similar to what happened to Kyurem, that's why I'm saying that Primal formes are more likely, using special hold items to activate Zygarde's power. And if you think about it, Zygarde, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza are the only Pokémon that were drained of their power and became weak, but we know all too well that Rayquaza only has a Mega Evolution, which then Zinnia taught Rayquaza Dragon Assent. But having said that, it could work with Mega Evolution taking place with Zygarde changing to either it's X Mega Evolution or Y Mega Evolution, then someone teaching it a new move, but that's highly unlikely though.
    I actually hope that Zygarde's regular form will be able to learn the "Thousand" moves as well, because whatever his Alternate Form(s)/ Mega Evolution(s)/ Primal Reversion(s) end up being I have a strong feeling they're going to end up in Ubers and I would like to use Thousand Arrows Zygarde in OU.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's quite unpredictable at this point. Obviously the most ideal scenario would be a third game which follows up from X & Y, but the way they decided to release two sequels from the last generation, it's kinda difficult to tell what the next set of game(s) will be. I'd put my money on a pair of sequels similar to B2W2, but it's Game Freak...

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years

• It's either one of those four possibilities. But it's a high chance we'll be getting Mega Chesnaut, Mega Delphox and Mega Greninja, as the new Mega Evolutions in the games. And there's also a possibility of the Mega Evolutions of the Johto starters as well. Mega Meganium, Mega Typhlosion, Mega Fereligator X, and Mega Fereligator Y.

What makes you think that [Feraligatr] is going to be the Johto starter to get two Mega Evolutions? Do you have hard evidence, or is this just wishful thinking on at least your part?

I sense a bit of favoritism?

There is no hard evidence, he's theorizing just like everyone in this thread is. Maybe he would want that, so he included that as an idea. I mean I would be down with Feraligatr getting two megas because Gatr is the best starter ever tbh imo if I'm honest.

In my mind, Typhlosion and Feraligatr are tied for the honor of 'favorite Johto starter.' Since Charizard, the last starter Pokémon to get two Mega Evolutions, has the 'Fire' type, then I guess it'd be okay to make Feraligatr the Johto starter with two Megas instead of Typhlosion, though….
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

As for what typing at least one of the Mega Feraligatrs might get, I've always pictured Feraligatr's possible second type to be the 'Dark' type. After all, he already learns 'Dark'-type moves like 'Bite' and 'Crunch,' and being based off of a predator like the alligator makes his intentions out to be dark, too.

Last edited:
    Years
  • In my mind, Typhlosion and Feraligatr are tied for the honor of 'favorite Johto starter.' Since Charizard, the last starter Pokémon to get two Mega Evolutions, has the 'Fire' type, then I guess it'd be okay to make Feraligatr the Johto starter with two Megas instead of Typhlosion, though….
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

As for what typing at least one of the Mega Feraligatrs might get, I've always pictured Feraligatr's possible second type to be the 'Dark' type. After all, he already learns 'Dark'-type moves like 'Bite' and 'Crunch,' and being based off of a predator like the alligator makes his intentions out to be dark, too.

At this point I'm not sure if any of them will get two megas. Charizard and Mewtwo are literally the top two favorite Pokemon of fans and so I can imagine why they did what they did. They didn't give a Hoenn starter two megas so I guess it would be fair if nothing expcept the top of the barrel favorites get them megas (I believe third favorite was Blastoise and I mean he only got 1 so it doesn't seem too likely).

Years
  • Well Blaziken got it's Mega before the other two while Chatizard got two instead of one like the rest so there's obviously some fire starter favoritism going on and chances are Typlosion may follow suit and get two Megas (or at least get it's Mega prior to the other two).

Also it'll be interesting if they do pull a prequel and include the Johto starters... I think they won't include them in the dex. I also don't see them getting Megas. The best time for them getting Megas this Gen was in ORAS and they didn't get any (XY introduced 5 (2 for Charizard) Starter Megas and ORAS only had 2, having had the Johto starter would've tied them up plus the PC's were from Johto so it would've fit.) . I think instead they'll get Megas in Gen VII's pair whose starter's will likely get their own in the 'third version', and Sinnoh's in their remakes at the ene of the VII gen.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Another thing I also thought about... is if the Pokémon games in 2015 were prequels to X/Y, then it could be possible that Augustine Sycamore could end up being the Champion of the Pokémon League, as Champion Augustine at the time isn't a Pokémon Professor yet, while the previously planned professor from leaked details of early Pokémon X/Y called "Professor Patrice" could end up being the Kalos regions' Pokémon Professor instead. While Diantha is either just being an actress, or being a person you'll battle at the Tower of Mastery at some point in the game and gives the player their first Mega Stone and their Key Stone Item.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Another thing I also thought about... is if the Pokémon games in 2015 were prequels to X/Y, then it could be possible that Augustine Sycamore could end up being the Champion of the Pokémon League, as Champion Augustine at the time isn't a Pokémon Professor yet, while the previously planned professor from leaked details of early Pokémon X/Y called "Professor Patrice" could end up being the Kalos regions' Pokémon Professor instead. While Diantha is either just being an actress, or being a person you'll battle at the Tower of Mastery at some point in the game and gives the player their first Mega Stone and their Key Stone Item.
    Sycamore wouldn't be the Champion though. I'm pretty sure he gave up on being a trainer and conquering the league shortly after his stay in the Tower of Mastery.

But it is possible that in a prequel game, someone else could be the Kalos Professor.

Years
  • *thinks of how people were whining that Sycamore should have been the Champion*

Also, did I get a notification here overnight? Because it said I did although I don't see anyone having quoted me...

Years
  • Another thing I also thought about... is if the Pokémon games in 2015 were prequels to X/Y, then it could be possible that Augustine Sycamore could end up being the Champion of the Pokémon League, as Champion Augustine at the time isn't a Pokémon Professor yet, while the previously planned professor from leaked details of early Pokémon X/Y called "Professor Patrice" could end up being the Kalos regions' Pokémon Professor instead. While Diantha is either just being an actress, or being a person you'll battle at the Tower of Mastery at some point in the game and gives the player their first Mega Stone and their Key Stone Item.

It's possible we may not even get any main games this year though. It'll be the first Gen since JP Gen II (1999,2000) and Int Gen III (2003,2004,2005) that doesn't have a mid Gen Break between main games. Also Zygarde's lack thus far in the movie hints at a skip considering the history of the Third versions since Crystal and even B2W2 have had of coming around a movie where they (the mascot) appear (usually it's the second movie of the Gen so Zygarde may show up somehow later on, if not then a 2015 is an off year for Pokemon, they may need it though after criticism of it being an annual franchise growing after having B2W2,XY, and ORAS as close as they've been (even though for B2W2-XY it was like 16 months between JP releases, and 13 2/3 months between XY-ORAS).

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
  • I'd also like to express a possibility about the following games. It is not based on what has been announced till now nor what is highly expected, it is what I personally would like GF to produce.

1) I would LOVE to see a R/B/Y remake for the 3ds. Not a fan of gen one as a whole, but the scenario, the plot is just great to my eyes. As an addition I would love to see GameFreak giving the player a choice in the bridge at Cerulean city to join Team rocket or not. That may trigger different plots:

a) The player refuses to join team rocket: The plot will remain the same as we know it in R/B/Y or FR/LG. The player will receive the mega item (which triggers mega evolution) after they save that old man from team rocket at lavender town's graveyard tower. The pokeflute will be given by his assistant at the same time. The underground passages (which are empty at gens 1 and 3) will now be larger and include an emporium with the newer items (after gen 3) and the rest of the starters' mega stones. The rest of the mega stones will be found in random routes post game. Or there can be some link between XY for the fact that Charizard and Mewtwo have two mega evolutions and for example Pokemon Red will be linked to Y and Blue to X (colour match intended). That way the trainer will get Charizardite and Mewtwonite Y in Red's remake and X's mega stones in Blue's remake. Just a possibility.

b) The player accepts team rocket's offer: And that is basically a brand new conception. The player will be taken to Giovanni who will enquire some missions from the player up to the events in silph tower or hideout in the original games. When done correctly Giovanni gives the player the Mega item along with the player's starter mega stone and there starts another part. The player will now battle his co-grunts to become a higher grade team rocket member, to become an admin. When he does that he will meet Giovanni at a secret location and will discuss about team rocket's future plans. There will be a disagreement and after short time the player will battle Giovanni for the leader's place. Then the player dismantles the team and focuses on challenging the elite 4 (the badges will be obtained through the missions Giovanni had). Onwards the game will proceed normally.

c) The player refuses team rocket's offer but the rival joins: That one dawned on me when writing the post. What if? What if Gary (enter rival's name here) actually joined team rocket? The plot would remain normal most of the time, only the rival battles will be changed into some team rocket events where you would have to battle him. The story on the rival's side after joining Team rocket will be the same as above and he will be the final boss at the elite 4 with giovanni keeping his place at the eighth gym.

Mega evolutions in this game: The rival will have the mega stone that mega evolves his starter pokemon. That means:
    Mega Blastoise (player) - Mega Venusaur (Rival)
    Mega Charizard Red/y Blue/x (player) - Mega Blastoise (rival)
    Mega Venusaur (player) - Mega Charizard Red/y X/Blue (rival)

Giovanni's mega evolution will be his greatest pokemon, meaning Nidoqueen, since Rhydon gained an evolution into Rhyperior. That being said we should see a Nidoqueen/Nidoking mega evolution similar to Latios and Latias, with the Pokemon having basically the same sprite. Either that, or seeing a Mega Rhyperior which would be too powerful to handle, and then we should see mega evos for Electivire, Togekiss, Dusknoir etc. as well.

The elite 4 will have mega evolutions on the rematch, like in ΩRαS. Lorelei with a Mega Lapras, Bruno with a Mega Machamp, Agatha with a Mega Gengar and Lance with a Mega Dragonite (the stone's name tho -iteite xD)

Some more mega evolutions that could be announced would be the following: Butterfree (since we saw Beedrill having one), Primeape, Rapidash (looking like a Pegasus maybe, gains wings and becomes a Fire/Flying type?), Marowak (that way we can see maybe a cutscene or an ingame event about that little Cubone and its mother that died?), Johto starters like you speculated before, Mega Shiftry, Mega Flygon, Mega Milotic, Mega Staraptor, Mega Toxicroak and Mega Garbodor (the one that no one uses). Or maybe some Pokemon from X/Y.

This was a huge post regarding the first gen of Pokemon. Only speaking about what I would like to see in a possible remake.

2) Regarding the new Pokemon game, I do not think this will be gen VII right off the bat. I'm guessing a game that is neither a prequel nor a sequel to XY. I'm guessing a game though where there will be Zygarde as the main legend and Hoopa and Volcanion as the side legends, forewarming us for the upcoming Gen VII. A plot completely different from XY, an autonomus one, but with no new Pokemon being introduced. We have all fonts for that: the fact that GF prepares a surprise, the (most likely) two formed Zygarde and the two overly powered Pokemon which GF did not unveil (Hoopa was only recently first officially seen and is likely to be distributed much later in time). The storyline will be about the clash between Hoopa and Volcanion and Zygarde being seen as a hero, like emerald with Groudon/Kyogre and Rayquaza. This time though the two Pokemon will not have a clash about which one would be more powerful than the other (too much water etc) but about obtaining a Mega stone each. There would just be too much hatred between these two which would cause them to ignore their search for what would make them mega evolve and focus on battling each other for a long time. Early in the game the player would only watch the clash as a cutscene. In the middle of the battle Zygarde would intervene and fight both Pokemon, making it very tired and hurt. The evil team will seize the chance and capture it when Hoopa and Volcanion will be leaving in search of the mega evolution secret. The player will fight to save Zygarde from the team and free it. By the time this is done, the two pokemon will be arriving at the place of a Huge rock which would offer them the power of mega evolution (maybe that big stone would give a stone their colour and after the pokemon's dna has been encoded into the Huge rock then we could have the creation of a mega stone). They battle again, much more powerful than before and showing off their signature moves and before we have a final winner Zygarde appears more powerful than ever giving an end to this battle once more. The rock will then create two items (not mega stones) that will cause Zygarde to change forme when holding one of those (something like Groudon and Kyogre only with the effect that Griseous orb has on Giratina). Again I repeat, this game will be used as a prequel to Generation VII. No new megas (or the exception of few, not as many as in XY/ORAS), no new pokemon (but the ability to catch them all).

These are my thoughts on the next games. Both are very unlikely to happen of course but I think that it would be more than great to implement these on the Pokemon world. This was my personal opinion, what do you think?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    @Charizard Gr: that idea of a separate Kalos game that's not a sequel/prequel to X/Y is a pretty cool idea. And I agree that it's still too early for Gen 7.

Personally though I'd like them to hold off for a while on making another round of R/B/Y remakes. I know people love Gen 1/Kanto, but I'd like to see some other stuff come first. Though if/when they do make re-re-makes of R/B/Y, and branching storyline based on your decision to join or not join Team Rocket would be a fantastic idea.

Years
  • Well Hoopa is said to be released for ORAS in the official site plus it has a forme the already which already has a decent stat boost so there goes the already low chance of a Hoopa versus Volcanion battle. It would be awesome to see Xerneas and Yvetal though take their places if such a plot is to happen (they'll fit better too) especially since XYZ are basically a trio.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Personally though I'd like them to hold off for a while on making another round of R/B/Y remakes. I know people love Gen 1/Kanto, but I'd like to see some other stuff come first. Though if/when they do make re-re-makes of R/B/Y, and branching storyline based on your decision to join or not join Team Rocket would be a fantastic idea.

Why not? There's no way to play the Generation on the newest handheld, and both RBY and FRLG have horribly outdated graphics and mechanics.

Your ideas are interesting, Charizard Gr. I strongly disagree about Giovanni's Mega being Nidoqueen, though. It should be Rhyperior, because any Gen 1 remake that doesn't include newer pre/evolutions in the Kanto Dex is not a good Gen 1 remake. (If I wanted to be stuck with only the first 151, I'd just go play Yellow again.)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Why not? There's no way to play the Generation on the newest handheld, and both RBY and FRLG have horribly outdated graphics and mechanics.
    It's true that Kanto is pretty outdated mechanics-wise and even graphically at this point and you can't play it on a 3DS just get a GBA or DS. It's just a personal thing really. It's not like R/B/Y and Fr/Lg were bad games, cuz they weren't(well, R/B/Y had some serious balance issues but whatever), it's just that I'm not as big of a fan of Gen I/Kanto as everyone else even though I started with R/B/Y too. I can wait for re-re-makes of those games, and would like to see a few more entries before they do that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back