• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Has anyone seen the silhouette for the 2016 movie. I think that Pokemon could be Zygarde due to the glowing point on it's forehead (recall that Zygarde has a white mark on it's forehead), and those things that could be either arms or wings could be either it's 'wings' or it's tentacle like 'arms' transformed.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Here's the picture btw:
    450px-CoroCoro_August_2015_Movie_2016.jpg

I suppose that the most logical thing to think is that it is some sort of Zygarde form like OR&AS said. That's not quite what I thought that they would've done for a Zygarde form but who knows if that's even what it is really.

Is this movie the same one that was revealed months ago with Hoopa and all the legendaries doing battle or something? I haven't really been keeping up with the Pokemon movies this generation and don't really remember how many have come out since the Genesect one and which Pokemon are featured and whatnot.

Years
  • Here's the picture btw:
    450px-CoroCoro_August_2015_Movie_2016.jpg

I suppose that the most logical thing to think is that it is some sort of Zygarde form like OR&AS said. That's not quite what I thought that they would've done for a Zygarde form but who knows if that's even what it is really.

Is this movie the same one that was revealed months ago with Hoopa and all the legendaries doing battle or something? I haven't really been keeping up with the Pokemon movies this generation and don't really remember how many have come out since the Genesect one and which Pokemon are featured and whatnot.
    It's the third XY movie (the Hoopa one is the second XY movie with Diancie's being the first. aka this third one is the one coming out 2016 meaning we'll likely get the next game(s) next year too). It seems that they are only showing it's upper half. I think it's lower half will still be snake like (if it is Zygarde) which makes sense as in India (and other ancient cultures) they had a creature with the upper part being humanoid and the lower half being snake-like.

If it is Zygarde why show only one forme/Mega/Primal? Are we only getting one version?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Unless it it just animation difference, there is possibly 2 forms there. Because one looks a little different from the other.

The white one is more smoothed out while the black one is more rigid and spikey. The arms are also different lengths. And the had is more spiked in the white one while the dark one looks more like a crown.

This might just be the lighting, but I wouldn't count on it.

It could also be a Volcanion form.

Last edited:

Years
  • Unless it it just animation difference, there is possibly 2 forms there. Because one looks a little different from the other.

The white one is more smoothed out while the black one is more rigid and spikey. The arms are also different lengths. And the had is more spiked in the white one while the dark one looks more like a crown.

This might just be the lighting, but I wouldn't count on it.

It could also be a Volcanion form.
    I think it is the lighting. The third picture looks like the first one so I think it is just due to the lightning striking that it looks like that. Also the second would of course look different as the first/third are covered in more shadows so we can't see make it out very well.

Essentia

error
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2015
    Considering the lack of Pokémon in Gen 6 I wouldn't be surprised if this was a completely new legendary Pokémon featured in the third XY game, alongside another considerable number of Pokémon to add to the sixth generation.

If not that, the movies have often featured/revealed next gen Pokémon, so the possibility of it being a seventh generation Pokémon might not be so Farfetch'd either.

Years
  • Considering the lack of Pokémon in Gen 6 I wouldn't be surprised if this was a completely new legendary Pokémon featured in the third XY game, alongside another considerable number of Pokémon to add to the sixth generation.

If not that, the movies have often featured/revealed next gen Pokémon, so the possibility of it being a seventh generation Pokémon might not be so Farfetch'd either.
    I doubt they'll add new Pokemon mid gen (it's never been done).

Years
  • Indeed, it's never been done. GameFreak have broken the formula before though. It would be a perfect way to keep the generation fresh.
    At this point though? It's quite late seeing how likely these is only 1 or 2 games left to go and likely we'll go to Gen VII after this.

I looked at the mon and noticed it's head kind of looks a bit like the Strange Souvenir item's.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • At this point though? It's quite late seeing how likely these is only 1 or 2 games left to go and likely we'll go to Gen VII after this.

I looked at the mon and noticed it's head kind of looks a bit like the Strange Souvenir item's.

Well given what we have, that mean the 7th gen will last for 4 years, like Sinnoh. I don't want to count that out as well aren't getting a main game this year. By now we would know.

And the Strange Souvenir said it was a pokemon from a far away region, so I doubt it is this pokemon, unless this pokemon is a new pokemon.

Honestly, I am not going to put it past them to add more pokemon. But It is unlikely indeed. But they did say they wanted to surprise their fans.

Years
  • Well given what we have, that mean the 7th gen will last for 4 years, like Sinnoh. I don't want to count that out as well aren't getting a main game this year. By now we would know.

And the Strange Souvenir said it was a pokemon from a far away region, so I doubt it is this pokemon, unless this pokemon is a new pokemon.

Honestly, I am not going to put it past them to add more pokemon. But It is unlikely indeed. But they did say they wanted to surprise their fans.

About that...the thing is that we don't even know where Team Flare found Xerneas/Yvetal, it's possible that the XYZ trio is not from Kalos...the next game could open the path for a sequel GSC style (but with the legends of the prequels more involved like in B2W2) for Gen VII which will explain the origins of the trio. Irc Masuda mentioned he had a lot of ideas which he is waiting to share with fans but that the time wasn't right just yet (I think this interview was after XY came out).

I also think we're getting the next game next year.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Well given what we have, that mean the 7th gen will last for 4 years, like Sinnoh. I don't want to count that out as well aren't getting a main game this year. By now we would know.

Yeah back in year 2013 the Strange Souvenir has made me think about new Pokémon, like they are going to add at least 70 more Pokémon to round up Gen VI's lack of new Pokémon. But with OrAs' release's last year, I doubt the possibility of more new Pokémon for Gen VI. It's not surprise they are getting from fans if they make that move, it's anger. Lol It's just not right to release a set of new Pokémon when they are wrapping up a generation. I would personally feel sorry for the new Pokémon's shortlived spotlight as well, unless Gen VII's making its debut in year 2017 or 2018, which is very unlikely.

Years
  • Yeah back in year 2013 the Strange Souvenir has made me think about new Pokémon, like they are going to add at least 70 more Pokémon to round up Gen VI's lack of new Pokémon. But with OrAs' release's last year, I doubt the possibility of more new Pokémon for Gen VI. It's not surprise they are getting from fans if they make that move, it's anger. Lol It's just not right to release a set of new Pokémon when they are wrapping up a generation. I would personally feel sorry for the new Pokémon's shortlived spotlight as well, unless Gen VII's making its debut in year 2017 or 2018, which is very unlikely.

Unless if this is the start of Gen VII itself...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    The 'pulsating hexagons' surrounding this Pokémon's body in the trailer most likely indicate that this Pokémon is a form of Zygarde, or at least shares a significant connection.

Years
  • The 'pulsating hexagons' surrounding this Pokémon's body in the trailer most likely indicate that this Pokémon is a form of Zygarde, or at least shares a significant connection.

I think so too. The other mon shown at the movie...could it be Zygarde's other rumored forme?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hey guys, although we think we know who this pokemon is and makes sense for it to be Zygarde, this youtube speculation video actually makes a lot of sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KIuwlbGdq4

This guy speculates that this pokemon with think is Zygarde actually might be the original dragon from Reshiram, Kyreum and Zekrom. Now it is true we have fusion for them, but what if Kyreum could use Primal Reversion which this guy explains.

We know form the timeline according to a twitter that this guy mentions, XY and BW2 take place at the exact same time. We know that Unova and Kalos are hugely related. Both talk about a war 3000 years ago.

And we know Unova was meant to be seen in 3D, but they didn't have the power just yet and they wanted to get Gen 5 out. So it is possible that we could go back to Unova again. Before you say, no it is too early. Look at what they did for Kanto and Johto.

This guy in the video says a lot of what I want to mention, but I do not want to steal his words as he is the one that said them first. But one thing I do want to mention is that there is something called the God Stone in the coding of Unova, Kalos, and the ORAS coding. And it looks a lot like Dark and Light Stones. Although someone I think has mentioned this.

We could see a battle between a transformed Zygarde and the Original Dragon and possibly Valcanon in the next movie.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • There have been many, many great theories but none of them are ever right or really come close to what the creators have down. I fully believe that Zygarde is the Pokemon shown in the picture and that the small new Pokemon is something to do with Zygarde, too. I don't think they're gonna go backwards and waste their last game on a storyline we've already visited when Kalos needs to be wrapped up.

Although it would be nice to see the Unova dragon storyline finally finished and for the final dragon to make an appearance I don't think we're gonna see it for the 6th generation third game when it's a 5th generation storyline.

Get ready for Unova remakes soon!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    What he's saying in the video that you linked isn't that Zygarde is (part of) the original Tao Dragon, but rather that Zygarde split the Tao Dragon apart in order to protect the world from its colossal power, because that thing is easily at Mega Rayquaza power levels.

I don't really agree with most of what Tyranitar Tube said though. Yes, there is some link between Unova and Kalos (the fact that X/Y and B2W2 take place at the same time, the Zekrom and Reshiram statues in the Parfum Palace garden) but the war referenced in Unova history was a war to unite the various tribes in the region and then the subsequent centuries of fighting between the descendants of the twin brothers, and that took place solely on the Unova continent. We don't even know about the geographic relationships between all the currently known regions. All we know at this point is that Hoenn is near the planet's equator, Sinnoh is somewhere to the north, and Kanto and Johto are on the same continent and are neighbors. It IS possible that the two geographically border each other (neither is an island region like Hoenn/Sinnoh is), but there's nothing to suggest that they are in fact right next to each other, and even if they are, that doesn't necessarily mean that they went to war either.

There's also the question of Zygarde splitting the Tao Dragon into 3 parts. Why exactly would it have this power? He calls Zygarde "the guardian of the world", but its Pokedex entries specifically talk about the ecosystem, which to me is a little different from "the world". I really kinda doubt that Zygarde was what split it into 3 dragons. The two brothers initially worked together to unite the Unova region, and it was only after its unification that they began to have disagreements and fight over them. I take it that the Tao Dragon very much wanted to help both brothers and didn't want to pick a side, but it was physically impossible to support both sides and so it felt that the only option was to divide itself into pieces that embodied the thing each brother valued the most, with Kyurem being a sort of natural leftovers or was there in the event that it could become whole once again. The brothers did eventually decide to stop, but I assume that this was much later in their lives and at this point the kingdom was in the hands of their children/grandchildren, who did hold on to the same values as the brothers but did not decide to stop fighting over them, and so Zekrom and Reshiram had no choice but to support these descendants who reminded them of the brothers they once fought for for centuries until the cataclysmic battle that caused them both to go dormant until present day.

But I'm glad he brought up the God Stone. I've found it very interesting ever since I first learned about it and have been very curious as to what Game Freak intended for it to be/do. I do agree with him that the most likely explanation is that it can be used to (temporarily) revert Kyurem back into the original Tao Dragon.

But as much as I want to see the original Tao Dragon in all it's resplendent glory, I find it unlikely that the Pokemon in the mysterious screenshot is it and that we'll see it in this generation.

Years
  • What he's saying in the video that you linked isn't that Zygarde is (part of) the original Tao Dragon, but rather that Zygarde split the Tao Dragon apart in order to protect the world from its colossal power, because that thing is easily at Mega Rayquaza power levels.

I don't really agree with most of what Tyranitar Tube said though. Yes, there is some link between Unova and Kalos (the fact that X/Y and B2W2 take place at the same time, the Zekrom and Reshiram statues in the Parfum Palace garden) but the war referenced in Unova history was a war to unite the various tribes in the region and then the subsequent centuries of fighting between the descendants of the twin brothers, and that took place solely on the Unova continent. We don't even know about the geographic relationships between all the currently known regions. All we know at this point is that Hoenn is near the planet's equator, Sinnoh is somewhere to the north, and Kanto and Johto are on the same continent and are neighbors. It IS possible that the two geographically border each other (neither is an island region like Hoenn/Sinnoh is), but there's nothing to suggest that they are in fact right next to each other, and even if they are, that doesn't necessarily mean that they went to war either.

There's also the question of Zygarde splitting the Tao Dragon into 3 parts. Why exactly would it have this power? He calls Zygarde "the guardian of the world", but its Pokedex entries specifically talk about the ecosystem, which to me is a little different from "the world". I really kinda doubt that Zygarde was what split it into 3 dragons. The two brothers initially worked together to unite the Unova region, and it was only after its unification that they began to have disagreements and fight over them. I take it that the Tao Dragon very much wanted to help both brothers and didn't want to pick a side, but it was physically impossible to support both sides and so it felt that the only option was to divide itself into pieces that embodied the thing each brother valued the most, with Kyurem being a sort of natural leftovers or was there in the event that it could become whole once again. The brothers did eventually decide to stop, but I assume that this was much later in their lives and at this point the kingdom was in the hands of their children/grandchildren, who did hold on to the same values as the brothers but did not decide to stop fighting over them, and so Zekrom and Reshiram had no choice but to support these descendants who reminded them of the brothers they once fought for for centuries until the cataclysmic battle that caused them both to go dormant until present day.

But I'm glad he brought up the God Stone. I've found it very interesting ever since I first learned about it and have been very curious as to what Game Freak intended for it to be/do. I do agree with him that the most likely explanation is that it can be used to (temporarily) revert Kyurem back into the original Tao Dragon.

But as much as I want to see the original Tao Dragon in all it's resplendent glory, I find it unlikely that the Pokemon in the mysterious screenshot is it and that we'll see it in this generation.

I think that the God Stone was originally going to be Kyurem's counterpart to the other two stones, but that was thrown away when GF decided to opt out of making Grey and instead make B2W2. I wonder if Zygarde may end up having one forme with the two forme idea being thrown out this time.

Reactions: Nah
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back