• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I know that Masuda and TPC have a tendency to re-tweet stuff about Pokenchi every week that it airs, but I thought this was something interesting:

https://mobile.twitter.com/shoko_nkgw/status/675125513770397696

Does anybody know what this is all about?
    Most likely related to Pokken I think.
    thx to the magic of google translate:
    ZAsNkkV.png

obviously a flawed translation so i had to do some trimming
    JomR80S.png

it an anniversary irl event in a Japanese poke center.
    after looking at sunshine city's wiki page, it looks like a mall
    sunshine city
    Sunshine_City_Atrium_201206.jpg

and here's century 3 mall in west mifflin PA
    IMG_5842-w2.jpg

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Is it a coincidence that Zydoog's Japanese Picross password is being released on the 15th? Also, Complete Zygarde's password will be in next month's Corocoro.

I seen that too, and my immediate reaction was this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssnw2GA657s

Something's going to spill soon guys, there's no denying it now.

EDIT: Ok, not a CoroCoro leak yet, but Serebii updated with movie news. It's temporarily titled Pokemon the Movie XY and Z. It's coming out in Japanese theaters in July.

Last edited:

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Is it a coincidence that Zydoog's Japanese Picross password is being released on the 15th? Also, Complete Zygarde's password will be in next month's Corocoro.
    some people on gamefaqs already figured out all 3 sets of 4 codes though
    i can at least confirm that the us set works as i have a mew, ash-greninja, zygarde 10% & zygarde complete in picross.
    i also don't have enough picrites to get to the next area nor any missions i can complete.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • The more I think about it, the more I think that now wouldn't be a very good time to show us Volcanion. Every time we turn around, everything being labeled with a "Z" and Zygarde itself keeps getting thrown in our faces like banana cream pie. I think they're going to give us something main series game-related very soon, it's getting harder for me to think otherwise.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    They always hype us up for nothing.. We're probably only gonna get minor movie related information, that's all..

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • some people on gamefaqs already figured out all 3 sets of 4 codes though
    i can at least confirm that the us set works as i have a mew, ash-greninja, zygarde 10% & zygarde complete in picross.
    i also don't have enough picrites to get to the next area nor any missions i can complete.
    It's the Official release of the codes, since they were cracked/leaked ahead of time.

Years
  • regardless, they're inconsequential.

Their dates though can hint at something bigger. Mew's release interestingly is 3 days after RG's original planned release date, while Complete Zygarde's is coming out in the next issue of Corocoro. Barring Tetra Ultimate Z (a Japan only arcade game) this will be the first game with the new Zygarde formes. GF likely is coordinating all these days with the spin off developers to market 'Z'.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I'm hoping the next game will blow our minds. Like ORAS is a Remake, but they added so many new things like Soaring in the sky, and Dex Nav. "Z" Could be a sequel story like Gen5. It would be nice if the "Southern Kalos" theory happened. Still Kalos, but many new areas added to the map.

Volcanion is just a tease. Or maybe diving will be in Z and you find Volcanion underwater.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm hoping the next game will blow our minds.
    That's what I've been wanting for a while now. When you stick with a series for ~15 years you kinda want them to make a game that will go above and beyond the normal quality and blow you away.

Or maybe diving will be in Z and you find Volcanion underwater.
    Eh, I kinda doubt it'll be underwater. My guess is that it'll be somewhere behind the locked power plant doors on Route 13.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Their dates though can hint at something bigger. Mew's release interestingly is 3 days after RG's original planned release date, while Complete Zygarde's is coming out in the next issue of Corocoro. Barring Tetra Ultimate Z (a Japan only arcade game) this will be the first game with the new Zygarde formes. GF likely is coordinating all these days with the spin off developers to market 'Z'.
    and nintendo's staff is run by man eating lizard people from space...
    tumblr_inline_ncu4lhNbUu1s5fykm.png

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Volcanion is love. Volcanion is life.

Welp, since next month's CoroCoro is supposed to have the Picross code for Complete Forme Zygarde and we got the Volcanion reveal finally out... it's only a matter of time for "Z" announcement within the next couple months, I hope.

Years
  • I'm thinking an April reveal is the most likely, as chances are we will get Z by late August/September if the VGC (which is in late August) using Or/As are any indication. I doubt they'll push it into Oct, Nov, and Dec. Also of note is that Pt and B2W2 came out four months after their reveals.

Years
  • Sure is a good thing I've kept my hopes at a neutral pace. I initially thought Volcanion may get announced this month, and guess what? It did! Now I think early 2016 is best for them to reveal the game(s) now, hopefully through a Pokemon direct.

I feel like Unova has this distinct connection to Kalos in terms of history. In the Parfum Palace, you see statues of Reshiram and Zekrom, giving the impression that those two regions are allies. There's even an NPC in the gardens by the Zekron statue that states "Unova and Kalos must have been in contact with each other." Both regions experienced war, both had some kind of ancient king. Even in ORAS, Zinnia makes this statement,"... Hey... The actions that you're taking now... Are they based on the ideals you cling to? Or are they based on actual truths? And if they are... How much of the truth do you think you know?"
    And we know what Truths and Ideals are...
    Heck, even Colress himself was referring to Mega Evolutions from the get-go in B/W2. His true goal was to find a way to draw out the strength of Pokemon, which Mega Evo does. In X and Y, a guy on route 10 mentions that "A few years back, this really strange dude named Colress told me that these big stones emit some kind of special energy."
    Considering ALL the Megas we have now, ONLY Kalos and Unova are the only regions that have 1 Pokemon that can Mega Evolve, one being Audino, and the other is Diancie.
    And... in the timeline, B/W2 takes the same place as X/Y does.

Possibly the only thing we still don't know in Unova is the Original dragon, where did it come from, how was it relevant to the history of Unova, and how powerful is it? It could be that we might never know about this Dragon, but it's still nice to know after all these years. In the coding for B/W, they had the "God Stone" which was related to the Dark and Light stones, but NEVER was used in the storyline for B/W and B/W2, and was forever useless ever since

I don't know what surprising things they'll do to make even more connections to both those regions, but I'd like to see something interesting to "Z", (It seems unlikely, but maybe going back to Unova to work as a Johto 2.0?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back