• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2016
    It's not the first one though, the Gen 4 anime was called Diamond and Pearl, while prior to XY&Z this Gen was XY.

Confused on what you are getting at. What I mean is while DP used Platinum story arcs the game was out when the anime did it. Now in Japan (And assuming the USA too) the anime will be well into if not past the Z arc when a possible (maybe Z) is out so I just feel at that time Z will have passed. Plus factoring in Gen 7 coming late 2017 the anime would need something to fill from late 2016 to late 2017 and while they could pull a BF on us since the Gen 1 remakes and Emerald were fused into one late and give us a Zinnia arc idk. Which is why I am hoping Z won't happen but something fresh is out. I do remember hearing the next game is about flowers. Maybe we will get Z but in A and Z versions where AZ gets a bigger focus where you travel back in time to prevent the war?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Confused on what you are getting at. What I mean is while DP used Platinum story arcs the game was out when the anime did it. Now in Japan (And assuming the USA too) the anime will be well into if not past the Z arc when a possible (maybe Z) is out so I just feel at that time Z will have passed. Plus factoring in Gen 7 coming late 2017 the anime would need something to fill from late 2016 to late 2017 and while they could pull a BF on us since the Gen 1 remakes and Emerald were fused into one late and give us a Zinnia arc idk. Which is why I am hoping Z won't happen but something fresh is out. I do remember hearing the next game is about flowers. Maybe we will get Z but in A and Z versions where AZ gets a bigger focus where you travel back in time to prevent the war?
    I think they might be using the anime to advertise the future games at this point. Could just be a new marketing strategy compared to what they used for past third versions :/. Also, I heard the anime wasn't doing so well so perhaps it doubles as an attempt to save the anime.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2016
    I think they might be using the anime to advertise the future games at this point. Could just be a new marketing strategy compared to what they used for past third versions :/. Also, I heard the anime wasn't doing so well so perhaps it doubles as an attempt to save the anime.

Really? Most are saying XY is the best they have seen the anime. A lot better after the Gen 5 terror XD. Unless you mean rating wise. If that is the case I think things like Youtube,On Demand and DVR are too blame. Most people don't watch TV live these days.

Years
    Really? Most are saying XY is the best they have seen the anime. A lot better after the Gen 5 terror XD. Unless you mean rating wise. If that is the case I think things like Youtube,On Demand and DVR are to blame. Most people don't watch TV live these days.

Ratings is what I've heard. Perhaps they should just put the anime online or something then...

Anyways I think we'll know in 3-6 months if they'll go with Z, or something else. Platinum and B2W2 were revealed four months prior to their release.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Really? Most are saying XY is the best they have seen the anime. A lot better after the Gen 5 terror XD. Unless you mean rating wise. If that is the case I think things like Youtube,On Demand and DVR are too blame. Most people don't watch TV live these days.
    5th gen had its moments, such as the main team rocket trio having jet packs & they looked better in the black redesign
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

additionally they had the support of a scientist & seemed to have moved up in the ranks after taking credit for taking down team galactic. they finally where at the level of butch & cassidy then the writers scrapped it.
    what was the biggest problem that killed off viewers from the get go was the whole stating ash was only 10 thing. then the nerf to pikachu that everyone got tired of the last few times it happened. even the whole "meowth going good" thing failed, the 2 "team rocket vs team plasma" episodes where removed due to it featuring seismic issues & destruction of cities and was set to air just after the earthquakes & the nuclear power plant issues that resulted from them in japan.
    i actually bring these 2 episodes up for a second reason, namely this from bulbapedia:

i'm wondering if that's an old typo or new information on them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2016
    5th gen had its moments, such as the main team rocket trio having jet packs & they looked better in the black redesign

additionally they had the support of a scientist & seemed to have moved up in the ranks after taking credit for taking down team galactic. they finally where at the level of butch & cassidy then the writers scrapped it.
    what was the biggest problem that killed off viewers from the get go was the whole stating ash was only 10 thing. then the nerf to pikachu that everyone got tired of the last few times it happened. even the whole "meowth going good" thing failed, the 2 "team rocket vs team plasma" episodes where removed due to it featuring seismic issues & destruction of cities and was set to air just after the earthquakes & the nuclear power plant issues that resulted from them in japan.
    i actually bring these 2 episodes up for a second reason, namely this from bulbapedia:

i'm wondering if that's an old typo or new information on them.

Seeing them now would just seem really out of place tbh. TBH I can see Porygan getting the ban lifted before they air XD Actually getting all the banned eps dubbed would be nice for the anniversary.

As for the 3rd game I am hoping we get a Direct soon and going by the dates since 2012 we will get one in the next 60 or so days since ever since 2012 a Direct has happened in either Jan or Feb. I can see E3 being NX and only NX and directs this year being for 3DS and Wii U.

Though tbh I would be fine with them going to NX (assuming the fusion rumor is true and since we have no news on a new handheld I am thinking it could be but we will see soon enough) and doing Gen 7 over anymore Gen 6 games. While it would be odd to not get another game in the gen's region I would be ok with it.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Whatever this new marketing strategy is(airing the Z anime well before the game announcement in both Japan and US, Zygarde Formes being introduced in everything else but a main game), it's sure doing its job for hype. While it's not as horrendous now than it was earlier, the fandom is about ready to eat itself alive out of impatience.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2016
    Whatever this new marketing strategy is(airing the Z anime well before the game announcement in both Japan and US, Zygarde Formes being introduced in everything else but a main game), it's sure doing its job for hype. While it's not as horrendous now than it was earlier, the fandom is about ready to eat itself alive out of impatience.

I will laugh so hard if it is anime only like Super Pikachu and maybe cry a bit since the new Greninja form looks cool but yeah if it is anime only I would not be that let down. I would actually be pretty happy the anime is trying new stuff separate from the games in a way.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I will laugh so hard if it is anime only like Super Pikachu and maybe cry a bit since the new Greninja form looks cool but yeah if it is anime only I would not be that let down. I would actually be pretty happy the anime is trying new stuff separate from the games in a way.

I was primarily talking about Zygarde though. Ash-Greninja is still up in the air, but Zygarde's Formes are almost guaranteed to make it into the main series games. The fact that they were given height and weight stats upon reveal is a pretty good indication, it wouldn't make much sense for them to be fleshed out in such a manner and then to not become available in the future games.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2016
    I was primarily talking about Zygarde though. Ash-Greninja is still up in the air, but Zygarde's Formes are almost guaranteed to make it into the main series games. The fact that they were given height and weight stats upon reveal is a pretty good indication, it wouldn't make much sense for them to be fleshed out in such a manner and then to not become available in the future games.

True but they could just be dlc. Idk I just would be sad to see Z drop months after the anime does it. I would be cool with a Kalos 3rd game but would rather it just be different. I am fine with the forms don't get me wrong but would be weird to have the game Z and the anime doing well idk what. Though the game could have Zygarde but have a lot more. I am keeping fingers crossed for a game with tons of content celebrating the 20th anniversary. 2006 saw DP a new gen and I can get them not doing stuff since they wanted to pack more in Platinum a few years later so I am hoping with this being a 3rd game they really go all out with content. Though I am hoping it is something not Z but something else for the main series. I am leaning towards a new story that ends the Mega Evo origins since XY and ORAS felt very connected I would love the new games to finish the Mega Origins trilogy with an all new story.

I would say Z would be %100 if we got Grey over BW2 but since we got BW2 I am just hoping to get a shock and not what everyone expects. I know quite a few that would be sad to see just Z and a 3rd version. BW2 just felt so much better and I do love how they fixed the Unova map with it myself. Plus the little added stuff with having a BW save filed was cool and would love to see that back.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I would say Z would be %100 if we got Grey over BW2 but since we got BW2 I am just hoping to get a shock and not what everyone expects. I know quite a few that would be sad to see just Z and a 3rd version. BW2 just felt so much better and I do love how they fixed the Unova map with it myself. Plus the little added stuff with having a BW save filed was cool and would love to see that back.
    this took me a lot longer to find then i thought it would....

Pokemon ZETA Yellow.

atomic pikachu edition

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2016
    You know now that I think about it Z does seem a bit unlikely just due to the date. Looking back the 3rd version releases two years later meaning we would have got it this year. So I can see them having taking a year off to create a new story. At least I think that. I hope Masuda saw how much people enjoyed BW2 over a typical enhanced remake. Though with how the gaming world is these days with GOTY edition and remasters I guess Z could happen sadly. I mean a Z would not be horrible and I guess XY would deserve them more than any other game since XY felt like it left a lot of things open. Ghost house,ghost girl,power plant,AZ feeling like he was going to be a big deal but ended up doing nothing.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    You know now that I think about it Z does seem a bit unlikely just due to the date. Looking back the 3rd version releases two years later meaning we would have got it this year. So I can see them having taking a year off to create a new story. At least I think that. I hope Masuda saw how much people enjoyed BW2 over a typical enhanced remake. Though with how the gaming world is these days with GOTY edition and remasters I guess Z could happen sadly. I mean a Z would not be horrible and I guess XY would deserve them more than any other game since XY felt like it left a lot of things open. Ghost house,ghost girl,power plant,AZ feeling like he was going to be a big deal but ended up doing nothing.
    i'm pretty sure both the ghost girl & house where meant to be explainable supernatural phenomenon, like the ghost kid in phoebe's e4 room that both phoebe & the player character are unaware of.
    well, phoebe is anyway. hard to tell with the player character considering he/she is smiling as all hell starts breaks lose when archie or maxie awakens kyoger or groundon then looks completely pissed off when steven arrives he/she did all the hard work

Years
    Emerald was practically a quasi-sequel to RS, with Emerald having the same events as both RS but those events taking place sometime later with additions, so perhaps Z will be too. Perhaps by the Time XY event play out in the realm of Z more Mega Evolutions will be known such as the Hoenn megas and more.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2016
    Emerald was practically a quasi-sequel to RS, with Emerald having the same events as both RS but those events taking place sometime later with additions, so perhaps Z will be too. Perhaps by the Time XY event play out in the realm of Z more Mega Evolutions will be known such as the Hoenn megas and more.

I think that was why everyone loved Emerald. It had so much to it.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I think that was why everyone loved Emerald. It had so much to it.
    not to mention kyoger & groundon duking it out in sootopolis, some people where expecting to see that fight in 3d after oras was reveled.
    at least it happened in the anime to some extent, namely mega evolution special II

Years
    Yeah I wish the remakes used the 3 version actually. So instead of DP remakes we get Platinum next gen.
    Or at least add the Distortion world and have Giratina aid in stopping the mascot, maybe it could drag Dialga/Palkia into it like in the Giratina movie Giratina dragged Dialga to get payback on it and Palkia distortng it's realm by distorting the real world (since it's a mirror).

Now, if Z is a third version I wonder how they'll handle the duo plus Zygarde. Not to mention Lysander's immortality/death as in X it was an immortality beam, while in Y it was a death ray. Will Lysander become a Zombie?! If they go that route then Z will not only stand for Zygarde... maybe Zygarde has to deal with a zombie apocalypse..that seems to be unnatural..

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2016
    Or at least add the Distortion world and have Giratina aid in stopping the mascot, maybe it could drag Dialga/Palkia into it like in the Giratina movie Giratina dragged Dialga to get payback on it and Palkia distortng it's realm by distorting the real world (since it's a mirror).

Now, if Z is a third version I wonder how they'll handle the duo plus Zygarde. Not to mention Lysander's immortality/death as in X it was an immortality beam, while in Y it was a death ray. Will Lysander become a Zombie?! If they go that route then Z will not only stand for Zygarde... maybe Zygarde has to deal with a zombie apocalypse..that seems to be unnatural..

Isn't Zygarde based on a god of death?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I never really thought of it as a mortality beam or death ray(I almost said darth ray. Darth Rey, I just self-foreshadowed myself), because Lysandre's goal of wiping out everybody minus Team Flare is the same in both versions. But, where I get confused is he says he'll grant the players eternal life in X, or show the power of the weapon in Y before setting it off and burying himself. This suggests that the effect of the weapon would be dependent on the Legendary being used to power it.

But an interesting tidbit to remember is that in both versions, AZ uses regular Pokemon to both revive Floette and then again to launch the weapon. So, what is the difference between using regular VS Legendary Pokemon to power the weapon, other than power levels? What would this mean if they used Zygarde instead in a 3rd version Z?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back