• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XBOne, PS4, Wii U; Now Or Later?

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
  • So what's your plan? Are you grabbing next generation now or later? You going to spend all your loot on it at right now or do you plan to wait for the prices to drop? Or will you just ignore it and enjoy your XB360s, PS3s and Wiis?

TY

I will wait for the price drop. I still have many games for PS3 and PC i need to complete, maybe ill even ignore it. I have other priorities first instead of getting a next-gen console.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I will be waiting for a price drop, and for the next Final Fantasy installments to be released. At the moment there are no games that particularly grab me, so I'm happy to wait until next year or later :).

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I just recently got a PS3 so there's a loooong way before I buy the PS4. I mean the PS3 has a lot of great and I haven't played them yet so why get a PS4?

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • I have a Wii, and I don't use it.
    I have a Wii U, and I don't use it.
    I have a Gamecube, and I don't use it.
    I have an N64, and I don't use it.
    I have an Xbox 360, and I don't use it.
    I used to have PS3, and I didn't use it.

All I want, is a Nintendo 3DS and PS Vita, which I already have.
    So no, I won't get a PS4 nor Xbox One.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    My dad got us a Wii U for my bro's birthday last year. Had it not been for NSMBU and Nintendo Land, I'd have probably been unfavorable to it.

I'm waiting one year, probably two, to get either an Xbox One or PS4. Right now the Wii U is simply the better option of the three, obviously having more and better games, but we already got that. I also got a Vita and 3DS so I'm more than content...not to mention I'm still playing my Wii, DS, 360 and PS3 time to time, on top of everything else actually. Actually, we could easily go through the generation without either consoles. :P

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • I want to get the PS4 next summer, when hopefully I would of worked for a couple of months and saved up enough to get some games for it too. I still need to get the 3DS as well. Need so much money. :c

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • I have no intention of getting the PS4 or XBox One, but I do want a Wii-U in the future. In the meantime, I still intend to get full use out of my current Wii.

Years
  • I already own a Wii U, and enjoy it. I don't see myself getting an Xbox One at all, or if not for a very long time. The only exclusive franchise that Microsoft has that I want to play is Halo, and I'm not paying 500 just to play the new Halo game. If I don't upgrade my PC to better specs I may end up getting a PlayStation 4 in about 6 months to a year to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I was planning to buy PlayStation 4 later this month (sometime around Christmas, when we get specials deals and offers and such), but decided not to and get a few games for my Wii U and 3DS instead. I'll buy it early next year, though. My dad's really looking forward to it.

Years
  • I'm buying the PS4 when the inevitable price drop or 2nd model releases.

I'm keeping my subscription for Vita and PS4 PSN games, though.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • For now, I'm just going to act as thought this "next generation" isn't even happening. I have the ability to play all the games that I want that are currently out- why bother getting yet another shiny black box?

So, I remain in my corner until the inevitable release of either Kingdom Hearts 3, or some PS4/XB1 exclusive Sonic game.

Years
  • I'm waiting for the prices to drop. Mainly because my birthday is in a few days which I will receive money from and be able to splash out in the Steam Winter Sale rather than spend it on the Xbox One/PS4. Plus, there are several games stores in the local area that have a bigger New Years sale than they do around Christmas, so I'll be looking forward to that.

TY

I have heard that the PS4 and XBone will be played at 40FPS, which is a mere 10 FPS more than PS3/XB360, which isnt a big improvement at all...

Years
  • I already have a ps4, but I will wait for a price drop for the xbox one before contemplating on getting that system.

@ShadowE: Game developers are going to try to get games to be 1080p with 60 fps

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'm waiting for the PS4/XB1 until something interests me on the system.

I have owned a Wii U for about a year and only have a few games, but they are worth the price of the console, at least for me.

Kippla

★ Pokemon Master ★
    Years
  • My brother wants the PS4 (we got the PS3 for his birthday a few years ago) but I want a Wii U. We're waiting for a price drop.

Back