• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xbox 360 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zephern

Finishing up school, hacking
Years
  • Getting My First 360

Hey PC, I've been totally bored with me stuff lately, and I have no desire to wait until my birthday for a new console, so I think I'll get a 360 this week.
    Now before you even THINK about it, don't go recommending me systems. I know what I want, and no opinion is going to change that. Also, my friend has games he can lone until I can afford some games of my own.

Now, I'm gathering the money for this by selling ALL of my other consoles.
    That includes my PS2 slimline, GCN and DS Lite, all with their accessories included.
    I have a fair amount of games to sell as well, and I'm doing trading all of
    these in at Gamestop for 'store credit', so I can get 30% more from each trade in, since I'm only planing on buying an Xbox 360 Arcade.

Desired Item: Xbox 360 Arcade System - $199

Consoles to Sell:
    - PS2 Slimline - $79
    - Gamecube - $29
    - Nintendo DS Lite - $89

Games to Sell:
    (PS2)
    - Kingdom Hearts - $15
    - Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - $9
    - Resident Evil 4 - $9
    - Guitar Hero 3 -$9
    - Need for Speed Carbon (I know, old game. [NOT MY IDEA.]) - $9

(DSLite)
    - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (Game got boring fast..) - $35
    - Final Fantasy III - $12

(GBA)
    - Pokemon Fire Red - $27

So, final verdict, everything gets 30% more of it's worth because it'll all be store credit. Do you think I could afford it?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Um...are the prices listed increased to match the 30% increase you are getting for selling them?

You'll have enough for just selling the systems alone (like two dollars short of $199). So...with all the games too, you'll maybe have enough for one game, maybe two used? Obviously you want the 360, so I see no reason why you shouldn't go for it. Especially if you don't play the games you are selling.

k, now I see you're gunna ask for that much (as F.N. said below), so no. You aren't going to get that lucky. :x I thought you had already checked the prices and these were realistic, not guesstimates.

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • There is no way you're going to get that much for those games/consoles, especially from Gamestop. You'll be lucky to get $100 for all that stuff combined (and that's a generous estimate).

Also, seriously...you're giving up some really great consoles. The 360 is amazing, don't get me wrong, but I would save up rather than get rid of all my other games/consoles. The PS2 has a huge library, and at this point you can buy most of the great PS2 titles cheap. And the DS is still going strong - you should really keep a portable to play alongside your console anyway.

And finally, don't get an Arcade. A hard drive is pretty much mandatory if you're going to do any serious gaming on the 360. Save up the extra $100 - it's worth it.

zephern

Finishing up school, hacking
    Years
  • There is no way you're going to get that much for those games/consoles, especially from Gamestop. You'll be lucky to get $100 for all that stuff combined (and that's a generous estimate).

Also, seriously...you're giving up some really great consoles. The 360 is amazing, don't get me wrong, but I would save up rather than get rid of all my other games/consoles. The PS2 has a huge library, and at this point you can buy most of the great PS2 titles cheap. And the DS is still going strong - you should really keep a portable to play alongside your console anyway.

And finally, don't get an Arcade. A hard drive is pretty much mandatory if you're going to do any serious gaming on the 360. Save up the extra $100 - it's worth it.

I already said I'll be getting more for it on my birthday, come 5 months.
    And those prices I listed were all the used/refurbished prices, not the standalone prices.
    I already know I'll be getting at least enough for an Xbox. Everything else might not be available yet, but I'll get them soon.

Also, I already know I'd be making a good haul; last month I traded in like 4 PS2 games for some extra cash, (not store credit) and got around 40 dollars.
    I think these standards would apply.

Morkula

Years
  • And those prices I listed were all the used/refurbished prices, not the standalone prices.
    You're not going to get what they charge for a used system when you trade it in though. If you trade in that PS2, for example, you'll be lucky to get $25 for it. They'll then put it on the shelf to sell and mark it up to $69.99 (what a used slimline PS2 goes for at GameStop). You don't honestly think they're going to pay you $70 for a PS2 and then sell it for $70, do you? They couldn't make any profit that way.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I already said I'll be getting more for it on my birthday, come 5 months.
    And those prices I listed were all the used/refurbished prices, not the standalone prices.
    I already know I'll be getting at least enough for an Xbox. Everything else might not be available yet, but I'll get them soon.

Also, I already know I'd be making a good haul; last month I traded in like 4 PS2 games for some extra cash, (not store credit) and got around 40 dollars.
    I think these standards would apply.

Uh...if you're referring to the prices GameStop sells the systems/games for, you'd be sadly mistaken believing they'd give you the exact price they sell the consoles for.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • @Zephern: You don't want an arcade. Sooner or later you'd regret buying that when you find out you have no HD and have to buy one separately. In the long run it's cheaper just to get a normal Xbox and skip out on the arcade. Also, selling systems is not cool. You don't get much money out of it, and you lose the ability to play your system. It's a lose-lose situation. You're better off saving up for a brand new Xbox 360.

On a totally unrelated topic...

Any tips on how to keep the system from RRODing? I have an older model that I got from a friend who is currently on this third system due to RROD, and I'm scared to death of mine dying. So far I've had it for a year and it's had no problems, but I've heard that sometimes it can take up to two years for the console to start having issues. My system was replacement system for one of his consoles that RRODed, so I don't think it has a warranty on it. Anyway, I don't really play it that often, but occasionally I'll play it for 6-8 hours with friends when a game one of us wants comes out. The last game we played was Eternal Sonata. Before that was Star Ocean 4 and then Tales of Vesperia. The game I plan on playing next is Enchanted Arms (got it used for five bucks) as soon as I get my friend through playing Tales of Vesperia.

Some ways I try to prevent it are by keeping it off the floor (I put it on a glass table under my TV with plenty of ventilation room), placing it horizontally (I've heard it doesn't get as hot this way), and by installing the games to my console so I don't have to run it off the CD (I doubt that this helps). I don't really have a lot of games for the console, so I don't think it's worth buying a cooling fan or cooler for. I just want it to live long enough for me to get through the games I have for it, though it would be nice if it lasts long enough for me to replay some of those games a few times. XD

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Haha, I know Im late to ask this but anyone wanna do some ODST: Firefight with me? I have yet to obtain the achievements.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • I have a quick question regarding a game on the 360. Here goes.

I was thinking of getting Mass Effect 2 soon being as I am in need of a new game, but I just wondered if it's an absolute neccessity to play the first one which I haven't even played before or not?

Just need to know if I should play the first one first or if it doesn't matter.

Thanks.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I have a quick question regarding a game on the 360. Here goes.

I was thinking of getting Mass Effect 2 soon being as I am in need of a new game, but I just wondered if it's an absolute neccessity to play the first one which I haven't even played before or not?

Just need to know if I should play the first one first or if it doesn't matter.

Thanks.

It's not necessary, but it's advisable. I also dealt with that dilemma, but I got Mass Effect first and the first game is just great, so I'm excited to get the second one sooner or later. It's only $20 anyways.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Name change! Joined the clan that my brother is apart of.

New name: rN HazaFatale

rN = Recurring Nightmare

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    As long as you give it proper ventilation room, there shouldn't be a problem. I've played games on mine for literally 10 hours straight a few times and have done this for years without a problem.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
  • Xbox Games

Okay here's the deal I got an xbox for Christmas and I love it I need new games for it because well sooner or later I am going to get tiered of lego batman pure and Modern warfare 2. Now what i want to know is what games should i get for it if you can make a list of fivce must have games Please tell me. Thanks :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2010
    Recently I notice that my 360xbox has been acting really slow and weird. sometimes when exiting or launching games there's a long pause with just a black screen. or when exiting a game and going to the game library there's a 10+ second wait for the games list to refresh. is there any remedy to this?..

Years
  • Aging storage device? Can try unplugging the X at night. Maybe even delete some unnecessary stuff. I deleted most songs I had stored on my X and its performance seemed better than before.

Morkula

Years
  • Have you tried clearing your hard drive's cache? Go to your System Settings, Memory, then press Y. Then when the hard drive info pops up, press the following: X, X, left bumper, right bumper, X, X. Hit yes, and then your cache will be cleaned. It's usually the fix if your system gets too slow. Just be advised that you'll have to download your updates again when you start games, but that's not a big deal.

bendrawslife

Drawing the day away.
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I've been noticing my xbox 360 freezes semi-randomly mid-game. I probably should've gotten some form of insurance on it...

Years
  • I delete games I sold to help conserve space. It seems to help it run a bit better & not stick when I try to acess the dashboard

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back