• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Fammon, can you please calm down. Just forget about goodra, Iris, and Milotic, You bring up good discussion topics when your not acting this way. You can be fun and keep this lively when you chill out. We don't need fights everyday.

NOW, when does everyone thingk eevee will show up?

Tell me that after Ash catch a Free Metagross (any other Pokemon Like that) and keep it !
    Until then I can't calm down about Ash always being force to dump his good pokemon while his friend gets pokemon like Dragonite for free .
    And even after that Some people still complain about How Ash's friend doesn't catch Good Pokemon and the show should focus on giving them Good Pokemon.
    Ash was about have his best Team in Kalo but now it seem he will have the his worst team in Kalo with 3 of them being flying type .
    And a baby Noibat is no replacement for Goodra because its a baby and they take hell of a lot time to evolve !
    Now , we can just pray for Ash to catch Aegislash or Trevenant !
    Or else XY Series will end without Ash catching ''New type'' of pokemon specially after Fletchinder opened spot for 2 wildcards.
    The only way to fix Ash's XY Team is to replace Hawlucha or Fletchinder with a non-flying pokemon.
    There are plenty replacement for Hawlucha ! But Fletchinder has only one replacement and its call Litleo/Pyroar.
    I wonder how people would react to a Pyroar with Glowing mane !

May be , It haven't occur to Writers stupid Brain that Fans might like Ash facing Stronger Rival & Gym-leader instate of weakening him to face weak Rival & Gym-leader.
    Like : A mysterious Beauty with Dragonite , A Braniac with Metagross , A creepy Dude with Hydregion , A Bulky guy with Tyranator and A handsome Jock with Garchamp.

Years
  • I feel that Hawlucha gets too much flack honestly. While I dislike his posing, I think he's a good battler and an asset to Ash's team.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Tell me that after Ash catch a Free Metagross (any other Pokemon Like that) and keep it !
    Until then I can't calm down about Ash always being force to dump his good pokemon while his friend gets pokemon like Dragonite for free .
    And even after that Some people still complain about How Ash's friend doesn't catch Good Pokemon and the show should focus on giving them Good Pokemon.
    Ash was about have his best Team in Kalo but now it seem he will have the his worst team in Kalo with 3 of them being flying type .
    And a baby Noibat is no replacement for Goodra because its a baby and they take hell of a lot time to evolve !
    Or else XY Series will end without Ash catching ''New type'' of pokemon specially after Fletchinder opened spot for 2 wildcards.
    The only way to fix Ash's XY Team is to replace Hawlucha or Fletchinder with a non-flying pokemon.
    There are plenty replacement for Hawlucha ! But Fletchinder has only one replacement and its call Litleo/Pyroar.

May be , It haven't occur to Writers stupid Brain that Fans might like Ash facing Stronger Rival & Gym-leader instate of weakening him to face weak Rival & Gym-leader.
    Like : A mysterious Beauty with Dragonite , A Braniac with Metagross , A creepy Dude with Hydregion , A Bulky guy with Tyranator and A handsome Jock with Garchamp.
    You really should, the show is aimed at young kids, Not like 15 to whatever age you or others are. I'm just guessing 15 as a base, not infering you are. And why metagross? If Ash were to get anothe psudeo, I would wager it be something like aeigislash or honedge. There really isn't anything stopping that. As for flying types, it's been stated time and time again, they each are dual typed and more their second type then their first. But hey, you want to take issue with them having wings and there being almost no electric type users against his flyng types, then go nuts. No one will care in all honesty. As for noibat, we could easily see it evolve before the league. Make it be used like phanpy was in hoenn. He didn't get much use in Johto but evolved fast in Hoenn. Noibat could do the same, just in Kalps. It clearly gains confidence and the ability to fly as shown in the opening. So it could easily evolve fast. As for the other people. Not trying to sound rude here, But NO one gives two flyng fletchinders about Iris. It happened, you can't change that no matter how hard you try or whine. Fact is, we probably will never see her again. Basically anyone who gets to Johto is never seen again. Dawn was expction, but most loved her as opposed to the many that hated Iris, even though she still has some fans. Also her dragonite was garbage anyway, let's be honest there. Ash could easily get any pokemon and have it become OP like it's nothing. We just have to wait for that moment, it happens every Saga. Now as for your last point, the leaders are made by Gamefreak, so it's not entirely the anime's fault for that. Sure some could be stronger, but the Leadersjn Kalos so far aren't to bad, they average, maybe a little above average. And sure some strong rivals would be cool, but those rivals don't usually show up till around the end.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Tell me that after Ash catch a Free Metagross (any other Pokemon Like that) and keep it !

fucking damn it

no pokemon is better than another in the anime get it

let me give you some examples of anime vs game:
    1. milotic vs hawlucha:
    anime: neither is better than another.
    game: hawlucha is better.
    2. metagross vs luxray:
    game: meta's better (ok you win here)
    3. articuno vs charizard:
    anime: neither is better than another. yeah yeah articuno's a legendary but that's a bs argument
    game: zard is better.
    4. sceptile vs darkrai:
    game: darkrai's better (ok you win here)

see where I'm going? fucking understand that the anime doesn't give a shit about crap like this; instead it showcases that a magikarp can be as strong as an arceus ffs

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    You really should, the show is aimed at young kids, Not like 15 to whatever age you or others are. I'm just guessing 15 as a base, not infering you are. And why metagross? If Ash were to get anothe psudeo, I would wager it be something like aeigislash or honedge. There really isn't anything stopping that. As for flying types, it's been stated time and time again, they each are dual typed and more their second type then their first. But hey, you want to take issue with them having wings and there being almost no electric type users against his flyng types, then go nuts. No one will care in all honesty. As for noibat, we could easily see it evolve before the league. Make it be used like phanpy was in hoenn. He didn't get much use in Johto but evolved fast in Hoenn. Noibat could do the same, just in Kalps. It clearly gains confidence and the ability to fly as shown in the opening. So it could easily evolve fast. As for the other people. Not trying to sound rude here, But NO one gives two flyng fletchinders about Iris. It happened, you can't change that no matter how hard you try or whine. Fact is, we probably will never see her again. Basically anyone who gets to Johto is never seen again. Dawn was expction, but most loved her as opposed to the many that hated Iris, even though she still has some fans. Also her dragonite was garbage anyway, let's be honest there. Ash could easily get any pokemon and have it become OP like it's nothing. We just have to wait for that moment, it happens every Saga. Now as for your last point, the leaders are made by Gamefreak, so it's not entirely the anime's fault for that. Sure some could be stronger, but the Leadersjn Kalos so far aren't to bad, they average, maybe a little above average. And sure some strong rivals would be cool, but those rivals don't usually show up till around the end.

Do you think Your so-called ''Younger Kids'' likes the way The Anime is written now ?
    Most people who claim Pokemon as Kids Anime are the same people who wants Pokemon to be a ''Korean Drama Show'' that focus on every people's life.
    They themselves forget Pokemon is a simple Kids Anime about Ash becoming Pokemon-Master ! It not about 3 people trying to achieve 3 different goals , That how Drama shows like ''One tree hills'' work .
    So question , If Pokemon is for Young Kids then why it trying to be like a Korean Drama show ???
    Also , I guess You actually don't know about Kids Anime and Believe Pokemon to be in same catagory as ''Dragon Tales'' !That where you wrong !
    Kids Anime has different category ! Pokemon is not in same category as Doreamon where MC remain a loser forever to be abused by other , Pokemon is not in same Category as ''Crayon Shin-chan'' which is aimed toward Adult .
    Pokemon is in 3rd category Kids Anime which are written in Shouene style ! Such as Beyblade , Digimon and Yugioh .
    And In Shouene Anime , The MC grows ! He get stronger & stronger with achieving New Power & Rank in every series. But Pokemon is not doing it , Is it ?
    Furthermore , Kids Anime character doesn't use polite term of speech to talk ! Unlike Ash & his current friend .
    Truth is , Pokemon so far off from its own category Kids Anime that Younger Kids stop watching it causing low TV rating and DVD Sales !
    If you read post then you would see all my idea come from the consideration that Pokemon is a Kids Anime !
    The reason I want Serena to catch a ''Slowpoke'' that frustrate her because that what Kids loves to see! The reason I think Tyruntrum as a good choice for Ash because Kids loves Dinosaur!
    Do you think Kids has any problem with Ash keeping Goodra ? Do you think Younger Kids gives a Dam care about Ash being OP or Other Character lacking Development ?
    NO , They doesn't care abut that . We also didn't care about this when we were younger !
    That why we loved Original Series despite Misty & Brock's lack of development because we knew Pokemon was about Ash's goal and All our attention was toward him !
    We start to give a dam care about Other character development when we got Older ! Off course , Pokemon Original was also watched by teengers as well.
    Truth is , Pokemon being a Kid Anime is nothing more then a DIRTY EXCUSE to justify the creepy writing in Pokemon anime ! Current Pokemon anime badly written because of Kids , Its all Kids fault While Writers are totallllly innocent!
    Everything that Writers doing right now it totally opposite of a Kids Anime! Keeping Ash an underdog and kicking out his stronger Pokemon is not how a Kids anime work.

Also Because Pokemon is a Kids Anime , I want Ash to replace Hawlucha with a Naughty, lazy and selfish Ganger that always annoy others ! Its the same reason I want Ash to be followed by an younger ''Talking Latius'' who usually makes slide comment about Ash to piss him off.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Do you think Your so-called ''Younger Kids'' likes the way The Anime is written now ?
    Most people who claim Pokemon as Kids Anime are the same people who wants Pokemon to be a ''Korean Drama Show'' that focus on every people's life.
    They themselves forget Pokemon is a simple Kids Anime about Ash becoming Pokemon-Master ! It not about 3 people trying to achieve 3 different goals , That how Drama shows like ''One tree hills'' work .
    So question , If Pokemon is for Young Kids then why it trying to be like a Korean Drama show ???
    Also , I guess You actually don't know about Kids Anime and Believe Pokemon to be in same catagory as ''Dragon Tales'' !That where you wrong !
    Kids Anime has different category ! Pokemon is not in same category as Doreamon where MC remain a loser forever to be abused by other , Pokemon is not in same Category as ''Crayon Shin-chan'' which is aimed toward Adult .
    Pokemon is in 3rd category Kids Anime which are written in Shouene style ! Such as Beyblade , Digimon and Yugioh .
    And In Shouene Anime , The MC grows ! He get stronger & stronger with achieving New Power & Rank in every series. But Pokemon is not doing it , Is it ?
    Furthermore , Kids Anime character doesn't use polite term of speech to talk ! Unlike Ash & his current friend .
    Truth is , Pokemon so far off from its own category Kids Anime that Younger Kids stop watching it causing low TV rating and DVD Sales !
    If you read post then you would see all my idea come from the consideration that Pokemon is a Kids Anime !
    The reason I want Serena to catch a ''Slowpoke'' that frustrate her because that what Kids loves to see! The reason I think Tyruntrum as a good choice for Ash because Kids loves Dinosaur!
    Do you think Kids has any problem with Ash keeping Goodra ? Do you think Younger Kids gives a Dam care about Ash being OP or Other Character lacking Development ?
    NO , They doesn't care abut that . We also didn't care about this when we were younger !
    That why we loved Original Series despite Misty & Brock's lack of development because we knew Pokemon was about Ash's goal and All our attention was toward him !
    We start to give a dam care about Other character development when we got Older ! Off course , Pokemon Original was also watched by teengers as well.
    Truth is , Pokemon being a Kid Anime is nothing more then a DIRTY EXCUSE to justify the creepy writing in Pokemon anime ! Current Pokemon anime badly written because of Kids , Its all Kids fault While Writers are totallllly innocent!
    Everything that Writers doing right now it totally opposite of a Kids Anime! Keeping Ash an underdog and kicking out his stronger Pokemon is not how a Kids anime work.

Also Because Pokemon is a Kids Anime , I want Ash to replace Hawlucha with a Naughty, lazy and selfish Ganger that always annoy others ! Its the same reason I want Ash to be followed by an younger ''Talking Latius'' who usually makes slide comment about Ash to piss him off.
    Jessus, This is so irrelevant, and so usless in stating one point. The childern don't care and neither should we. We watch because it's apart of our childhood, it shouldn't matter how they write it, there are so many other shows we could critigue that actually try to appeal differently, not something aimed at one group of people at a time. And I have to ask, do you truly care for discussing the anime, or just bashing it? Because( no offense) your posts seem to keep so many others away. No one coes here for constant whinning, they want to discuss what could be, not what could have been. So please, tone it down a litte easier and te tread could be so much better as well as discussion as a whole.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Jessus, This is so irrelevant, and so usless in stating one point. The childern don't care and neither should we. We watch because it's apart of our childhood, it shouldn't matter how they write it, there are so many other shows we could critigue that actually try to appeal differently, not something aimed at one group of people at a time. And I have to ask, do you truly care for discussing the anime, or just bashing it? Because( no offense) your posts seem to keep so many others away. No one coes here for constant whinning, they want to discuss what could be, not what could have been. So please, tone it down a litte easier and te tread could be so much better as well as discussion as a whole.

Your way of watching this series is just to shut up and praise it like a Lackey who always buttering his Boss.
    Plus , You said your not seriously watching it therefore your way of watching this series is different then mine.
    For example , People who doesn't watch Football doesn't really care about which team wins or not ! They doesn't care if the World Cup get cancel .
    However , What about the people who seriously watch football ? For them , Their favorite team winning or not does matter to them.
    How many time does Sport riot become Newspaper headline ?
    So you have no right to tell me what should I say about this series or not ! If you don't like my post then don't read it , Nobody compelling you to read my post ! You don't see me complaining about ''DBZ Fan''s Long Post regarding Misty.

Ash releasing Goodra does matter to serious fans ! Because once again writer proved Ash is insignificant then all other character and all his Fans are garbage.
    If Goodra is too strong for Ash then obviously Dragonite is too strong for Iris ! So Why doesn't writer make Iris release her Dragonite ? How about Dawn returning Togekiss to its original Trainer ? Kids has no problem with Ash's Goodra ! Some oversmart critic has problem with Ash keeping Goodra.
    However , Those Critic never really watchs this show ! They basically has problem with Ash having any thing . They even complain about Ash taking Dawn's spotlight when She won a freaking Wallace Cup.

psyducking damn it

no pokemon is better than another in the anime get it

In Anime , A magikarp can beat a Dragonite if it has a good trainer ! But that doesn't mean Magikarp is a better Pokemon then Dragonite.
    Dragonite will remain a better pokemon even if Iris Dragonite get its ass kicked by Dedende! Just because Iris is a failure as Dragonite's trainer does not mean Dragonite is a bad Pokemon.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Can everyone please just stop! You are not making this any better at all. It is getting worst because you all countinue to talk back to Famon, if you are so tired of it, put it on ignore and you never have to see what he has to say any more.

This thread as been completely blown from the track that it is intended for. Famon, you are the one comparing Pokemon to kid shows. You are going against your own words. You are talking about exactly how you are acting. And this will be the last time I ever see anything from you. Now everyone just ignore him. Let it go and restore this thread to what it is suppose to be for.

As for when Serena will catch Eevee, my guess it will be 1 or 2 episodes after her next showcase. I don't think she will win her next showcase either.'

I also think Litleo would match Miette well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    As for when Serena will catch Eevee, my guess it will be 1 or 2 episodes after her next showcase. I don't think she will win her next showcase either.'

Serena will catch Eevee after the Hoopa Movie get release Because Eevee wasn't in the new Pikachu shot!
    Spoiler:

Also , I think it better if Ash get Litleo since Fletchinder might not evolve further (Since it beaten it final Evolutionary form )
    Plus , Do anyone notice that both Clemont & Serena caught a feline Pokemon (Luxray & Eevee) ? So it would be cool Ash also catchs a feline pokemon.

Most important of all , Ash still need a ''Tank'' !
    Question is , Which kalo pokemon is left that can be Tank except Tyranturm!
    I just hope Ash's next capture will be a Boring Skkido ! If Ash going to catch a grass type anyway then he should catch Trevenant or previous Gen grass type that can Mege-evolve.
    Since Megevolved Pokemon are still Gen-Vi Pokemon.
    Like , Mega Abomasnow , Now thats a tank.
    Who think Ash should catch that Abomasnow from ''Frost Cavern'' ?
    Also , I hope Clemont & Serena will not catch any OP pokemon! Specially since both of them doesn't need any more pokemon due to their goal.
    Because what hurt more then Ash releasing Goodra is Ash's friend getting OP pokemon for free.
    Also , Clemont's Luxrey take too much attention away So Ash need to catch a Pokemon that can go toe to toe against Luxrey's design & Power!
    A Baby Noibat is not really a match for Luxrey.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Luxray hasn't been seen since the gym battle so ??????? Luxray has pretty much gone through it's little development by evolving (though I really do hope that's somehow not the end). A baby noibat will be the beginning of a little character arc which honestly I think makes the series strive. You can think about just the Pokemon all you want but I like to think about everything as a whole.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Your way of watching this series is just to shut up and praise it like a Lackey who always buttering his Boss.
    Plus , You said your not seriously watching it therefore your way of watching this series is different then mine.
    For example , People who doesn't watch Football doesn't really care about which team wins or not ! They doesn't care if the World Cup get cancel .
    However , What about the people who seriously watch football ? For them , Their favorite team winning or not does matter to them.
    How many time does Sport riot become Newspaper headline ?
    So you have no right to tell me what should I say about this series or not ! If you don't like my post then don't read it , Nobody compelling you to read my post ! You don't see me complaining about ''DBZ Fan''s Long Post regarding Misty.

Ash releasing Goodra does matter to serious fans ! Because once again writer proved Ash is insignificant then all other character and all his Fans are garbage.
    If Goodra is too strong for Ash then obviously Dragonite is too strong for Iris ! So Why doesn't writer make Iris release her Dragonite ? How about Dawn returning Togekiss to its original Trainer ? Kids has no problem with Ash's Goodra ! Some oversmart critic has problem with Ash keeping Goodra.
    However , Those Critic never really watchs this show ! They basically has problem with Ash having any thing . They even complain about Ash taking Dawn's spotlight when She won a freaking Wallace Cup.

In Anime , A magikarp can beat a Dragonite if it has a good trainer ! But that doesn't mean Magikarp is a better Pokemon then Dragonite.
    Dragonite will remain a better pokemon even if Iris Dragonite get its ass kicked by Dedende! Just because Iris is a failure as Dragonite's trainer does not mean Dragonite is a bad Pokemon.
    Sure I don't neccesairy have a " Right" to say anything but I'll be honest, I don't watch football, bu I still have teams to root for, it's not uncommon. I wouldn't riot or whine if my team lost, I know diehard sports fans, who still won't care, they will discus plays and what went wrong but they won't go and riot. And Stop using these same points, without evidence by other fans:
    Anyway I am done with this discussion after this.

Now a sidenote: Sure Abomasnow would be cool, but he will probably get bergmite or avalugg if anything at the ice cavern.

Can everyone please just stop! You are not making this any better at all. It is getting worst because you all countinue to talk back to Famon, if you are so tired of it, put it on ignore and you never have to see what he has to say any more.

This thread as been completely blown from the track that it is intended for. Famon, you are the one comparing Pokemon to kid shows. You are going against your own words. You are talking about exactly how you are acting. And this will be the last time I ever see anything from you. Now everyone just ignore him. Let it go and restore this thread to what it is suppose to be for.

I feel like she will catch after the movie but before the showcase, based on the opening. IT depends, do we know when the next showcase will be? I think she will catch eevee right before it as it is shown in one showcase with her other pokemon and it just seems to come off that way to me but we will have to see.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2020
    IMO Ash's options for a Grass Type in XY are basically Phantump and Skiddo. This is just me but I feel like Skiddo, at least based off it's design, is a species that has the jubilant energy that fits Ash's motif and Skiddo IMO looks more battle oriented than Phantump.

Years
  • IMO Ash's options for a Grass Type in XY are basically Phantump and Skiddo. This is just me but I feel like Skiddo, at least based off it's design, is a species that has the jubilant energy that fits Ash's motif and Skiddo IMO looks more battle oriented than Phantump.

I agree; I could see Ash owning Skiddo over Phantump, although at this rate I feel that his last Kalos capture will be another wild card Pokemon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Actually we saw him in several scenes in the Meowth and Bonnie episode, which came after the Gym match.
    haha I forgot about that. Still hawlucha and ash's other Pokemon were also in that episode so stille ??????

Years
  • I'm thinking he won't get a Honedge because the pokemon he gets usually have to look nice or appealing to kids.

Eh, there's been plenty of times when he's captured something ugly/scary. Just look at Glalie.

I don't think Honedge will be captured though, I'm not sure how well it or its evolution would translate into the anime. They usually go for stuff that's easy to show moving around in battle.

Back