• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    They gave Honedge to an antagonist in the latest movie. Usually when Ash gets a Pokemon that is shownin a movie prior it's normally a wild Pokemon or a Pokemon owned by the person helping them (like Chimchar). Though I can't remember the DP movies very well (which are the movies that really had this) so I might be wrong.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Honedge does look appealing to kids

Only if its talk and has a bizarre funny personality like Whisper (Youkai Watch) or Ruby (Fate kield prisma liner )
    Plus , Do you think writer would proving Ash as a natural leader by giving him as Aegislesh.
    The Anime stuff probably think ''Oh no , Aegislesh is sharp Blade ! There no way we could let a 10 year old kid to be around a sharp Blade like that''
    I mean , Can You imagine Ash doing something badass like pulling out an Aegislesh from a stone like King Arthur''
    Writer couldn't allow Ash to keep a Goodra so there noway they would let him catch a pokemon that can make him a King .
    They probably going to give Ash ordinary and blend Pokemon to show everyone that they are not favoring Ash even though they favor all other character.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Idk, it seems like older kids/fans like the Honedge line, but younger kids seem to like cute & funny Pokemon more (thus explaining why Chespin gets shoved down our throats constantly).

Wrong!
    If this were true then Charizard wouldn't be popular at all But he is popular despite being ugly.
    Its because Charizard look like a ''Dragon''' and Kids loves Dragon so they loved Charizard.
    There are thing that majority of Kids loves such as Dinosaur , Funny robot , Dragon , cute animal etc etc.

Now we never talk about ''Attack'' !
    For some reason , I want Hawlucha to learn ''Fire Punch'' ! It should also replace Flying Press with ''Sky Attack''.
    I like to imagine Hawlucha using ''Spinning Fire Punch'' in a similar manner as ''Spinning X-scissor'' therefore creating a ''Tornado of Fire''.
    Fletchinder need to learn more fire type move ! since Ash seem to lack a fire type despite having Fletchinder.
    Pikachu should already replace ''Quick Attack'' with ''Extreme Speed'' ! Pikachu can learn it though event.
    Most important of all , Ash need to catch a Pokemon that prevent Clemont's Luxray from outshadowing Ash's team !
    Luxrio has superior design and its currently the strongest Pokemon in the main group after Goodra left !
    A Baby Noibat is no match for it , Ash needs another Pokemon.
    Its pretty much Painful to watch Pokemon XY with Luxray outshadowing Ash's team! May be , Clemont should release Luxray to set the balance right.

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • WRONG !!!
    If this were true then Charizard wouldn't be popular at all But he is popular despite being ugly.
    Its because Charizard look like a ''Dragon''' and Kids loves Dragon so they loved Charizard.
    There are thing that majority of Kids loves such as Dinosaur , Funny robot , Dragon , cute animal etc etc.

Now we never talk about ''Attack'' !
    For some reason , I want Hawlucha to learn ''Fire Punch'' ! It should also replace Flying Press with ''Sky Attack''.
    Fletchinder need to learn more fire type move ! since Ash seem to lack a fire type despite having Fletchinder.
    Pikachu should already replace ''Quick Attack'' with ''Extreme Speed'' ! Pikachu can learn it though event.
    Most important of all , Ash need to catch a Pokemon that prevent Clemont's Luxray from outshadowing Ash's team !
    Luxrio has superior design and its currently the strongest Pokemon in the main group after Goodra left !
    A Baby Noibat is no match for it , Ash needs another Pokemon.
    Its pretty much Painful to watch Pokemon XY with Luxray outshadowing Ash's team! May be , Clemont should release Luxray to set the balance right.

this is proof your posts are cancer

seriously just stop

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The Anime still haven't explain how anyone gets a Key-stone!
    Alain got his Key-stone from Lysandre but I don't think he opened a shop for everyone to get a Key-stone.
    Ramo & Astrid also got their own Key-stone and they doesn't seem to work for Lysandre.(Latter use it to beat down Ash)
    If Gurkinn give people their Key-stone then the question is ''what does it take to get Key-stone from him''.
    Ash beaten his Granddaughter who's using a Mega Lucario so how much prove does the old man need before deeming Ash worthy of a Key-stone.
    Even Prof Sycamore didn't explain how he got a Key-stone ! neither did Clemont's father.
    Chances are that Steven might has a Keystone to give But he might give it to Scotie.
    Atleast , Current episode forshadowed that much .
    My guess , Steven might appear as a host of another '''Junior Cup'' or ''Steven Cup'' where scotie get his keystone by beating Ash's Frogadier. Off course Many fans will be mad but since when Writers were considerate of Ash-fans.
    Well , May be they decide to be considerate after seeing the decline rating.
    One of common Prediction is that Ash will bring back his Sceptile for Megevolution and it will work as his Gen-VI Grass Pokemon.
    That case Ash's Team will be--
    Spr_6x_025_m.png
    Spr_6x_658.png
    Spr_6x_663.png
    Spr_6x_701.png
    Spr_6x_715.png
    Spr_b_6o_254M.png

I don't like though ! Too many Speedster .

Last edited:
    Years
  • One of common Prediction is that Ash will bring back his Sceptile for Megevolution and it will work as his Gen-VI Grass Pokemon.
    Spr_6x_025_m.png
    Spr_6x_658.png
    Spr_6x_663.png
    Spr_6x_701.png
    Spr_6x_715.png
    Spr_b_6o_254M.png

Interesting stuff you point out, in that Ash may not catch Skiddo or Phantump (the only remaining Kalos Grass-types not owned by another main character) but bring Sceptile back for OR/AS promotion (even if we seem to be getting little of it in the main anime compared to the Mega Evolution specials) and if he ever does get a Key Stone and Sceptilite he could Mega Evolve it during the league.

But yeah, a team of Pokemon whose best stat game-wise is Speed is really what the writers were focusing on with his team lately, bar Goodra.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Interesting stuff you point out, in that Ash may not catch Skiddo or Phantump (the only remaining Kalos Grass-types not owned by another main character) but bring Sceptile back for OR/AS promotion (even if we seem to be getting little of it in the main anime compared to the Mega Evolution specials) and if he ever does get a Key Stone and Sceptilite he could Mega Evolve it during the league.

But yeah, a team of Pokemon whose best stat game-wise is Speed is really what the writers were focusing on with his team lately, bar Goodra.

Actually , I don't writers is focusing at all because they would come with a Team like that ! Creating a Balance Pokemon Team is like an Art , any writer who focusing won't settle this team.
    It rather seem Writers want Ash to be in the same level as his weaker rivals So those rival could be a challenge.
    Off course , Chances are that Ash send Hawlucha to Prof Oak to bring back Sceptile ! Later Hawlucha remain there until the League because Prof Oak wanted to research on it due to it being the only Flying/Fighting type.
    May be That explains writers sudden ''Hawlucha Love'' in recent episode.

Off Course , I wish Ash to catch a fire type like Ponyta ! Its debut episode was the most popular since it could do this--
    Spoiler:

No other Pokemon can do this because no other Pokemon has a Body fill with Flames.
    Best thing for Ash to catch a ''Duel Type'' Pokemon with Types he haven't caught yet ! For example : Aegislash who is Steel/ghost type , Ash haven't caught a Ghost or Steel type pokemon.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    The Anime still haven't explain how anyone gets a Key-stone!
    Alain got his Key-stone from Lysandre but I don't think he opened a shop for everyone to get a Key-stone.
    Ramo & Astrid also got their own Key-stone and they doesn't seem to work for Lysandre.(Latter use it to beat down Ash)
    If Gurkinn give people their Key-stone then the question is ''what does it take to get Key-stone from him''.
    Ash beaten his Granddaughter who's using a Mega Lucario so how much prove does the old man need before deeming Ash worthy of a Key-stone.
    Even Prof Sycamore didn't explain how he got a Key-stone ! neither did Clemont's father.
    Chances are that Steven might has a Keystone to give But he might give it to Scotie.
    Atleast , Current episode forshadowed that much .
    My guess , Steven might appear as a host of another '''Junior Cup'' or ''Steven Cup'' where scotie get his keystone by beating Ash's Frogadier. Off course Many fans will be mad but since when Writers were considerate of Ash-fans.
    Well , May be they decide to be considerate after seeing the decline rating.
    One of common Prediction is that Ash will bring back his Sceptile for Megevolution and it will work as his Gen-VI Grass Pokemon.
    Spr_6x_025_m.png
    Spr_6x_658.png
    Spr_6x_663.png
    Spr_6x_701.png
    Spr_6x_715.png
    Spr_b_6o_254M.png

See this is much better to readm and raises interesting points.I could see a steven tournament. I think it will be between the 8th gym and the league of it happens. Ash has greininja and scottie has sceptile. They fight and then Scottie pulls through. He wins the Keystone, but Still can't summon mega sceptile yet so he goes off in his ownn to strengthen their bond. Then Ash is appoarched by Allan, who tells him that he desperately needs his help. He hands Ash a mega ring and keystone, Allan says a new threat is lurking will you help me defeat it? Sycamore is here as well. Shocked to see Allan when Sycamore himself goes to talk to Ash. The Episode ends as a Team Flare Helicopter flies overhead. With to be continued coming on screen, This then leads to A Team Flare Based Arc. As fir what his team could be, that one isn't terrible, I don't think Sceptile woll be his mega but that be interesting if it was and he showed Scottie it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    See this is much better to readm and raises interesting points.I could see a steven tournament. I think it will be between the 8th gym and the league of it happens. Ash has greininja and scottie has sceptile. They fight and then Scottie pulls through. He wins the Keystone, but Still can't summon mega sceptile yet so he goes off in his ownn to strengthen their bond. Then Ash is appoarched by Allan, who tells him that he desperately needs his help. He hands Ash a mega ring and keystone, Allan says a new threat is lurking will you help me defeat it? Sycamore is here as well. Shocked to see Allan when Sycamore himself goes to talk to Ash. The Episode ends as a Team Flare Helicopter flies overhead. With to be continued coming on screen, This then leads to A Team Flare Based Arc. As fir what his team could be, that one isn't terrible, I don't think Sceptile woll be his mega but that be interesting if it was and he showed Scottie it.

It also one of the My ''Worst Prediction'' !
    The last thing Ash need is him losing another Major world wide Tournament to another Rookie , Trip was enough ! Scotie's Sceptile rivalry with Greninja doesn't gave him a right to beat Ash.
    Since Ash is like a ''Zoey'' to Scotie and Dawn never beaten Zoey.
    Plus , Scotie's too young for Megevolution , He's a boy with 7 year old's Body structure ! If Ash wasn't ready for Charmeleon or Goodra then there noway in hell Scotie is ready for Megevolution !
    Also , Your prediction make it look like Scotie earned his Key-stone while Ash's Keystone was simply given.
    Plue , Scotie winning the ''Steven Cup'' just because of his big fat Crush on Steven is a lazy pathetic Writing.
    Remember , Ash already lose Goodra for the sake of weaker Rivals & Clemont ! His humiliating Defeat in Unova League is still canon and Writers doesn't have enough GUT to bring Cameron just so Ash can curdstump him in front of large audience.
    So , The Best idea is Scotie losing in 2nd round while Ash facing a Power-hungry Trainer in Final round who want the Key-stone for Power !

Ash is going to Dendemille city ! On the North of Dendemille city is the ''Frost Cavern.
    You all know what Frost Cavern has ??
    Frost Cavern has an Abomasnow holding an Abomasite !

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Plus , Scotie's too young for Megevolution , He's a boy with 7 year old's Body structure ! If Ash wasn't ready for Charmeleon or Goodra then there noway in hell Scotie is ready for Megevolution !

I know 15 yr olds who r ready and willing to have sex, and 26 yr olds who aren't. People develop differently. Just because ash is older doesn't mean he's more ready than someone younger than him...

0/10 ur logic sux

Also thanks for just dismissing an entire group of people with small body structures. Really appreciate it.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    It also one of the My ''Worst Prediction'' !
    The last thing Ash need is him losing another Major world wide Tournament to another Rookie , Trip was enough ! Scotie's Sceptile rivalry with Greninja doesn't gave him a right to beat Ash.
    Since Ash is like a ''Zoey'' to Scotie and Dawn never beaten Zoey.
    Plus , Scotie's too young for Megevolution , He's a boy with 7 year old's Body structure ! If Ash wasn't ready for Charmeleon or Goodra then there noway in hell Scotie is ready for Megevolution !
    Also , Your prediction make it look like Scotie earned his Key-stone while Ash's Keystone was simply given.
    Plue , Scotie winning the ''Steven Cup'' just because of his big fat Crush on Steven is a lazy pathetic Writing.
    Remember , Ash already lose Goodra for the sake of weaker Rivals & Clemont ! His humiliating Defeat in Unova League is still canon and Writers doesn't have enough GUT to bring Cameron just so Ash can curdstump him in front of large audience.
    So , The Best idea is Scotie losing in 2nd round while Ash facing a Power-hungry Trainer in Final round who want the Key-stone for Power !

Ash is going to Dendemille city ! On the North of Dendemille city is the ''Frost Cavern.
    You all know what Frost Cavern has ??
    Frost Cavern has an Abomasnow holding an Abomasite !
    It's not a terrible prediction, but your points are iffy. Ash isn't near Zoey levels to Scottie, Ash is basically like Steven to Scottie, a mentor and hero essentially. Ash fir him winning, I would have him get absolutely wrecked by Ash at the league, It would lead him to better himsekf or never be seen again, depends As for Ash getting Keystone., as I said Allan would respect Ash more as I am sure he has heard more about him and would eventually realize Ash is stronger then Scottie and Better. So Ash's Keystone would be more earned. As for him fighting a power hungry trainer, I could see it, Or actually make it like the league's entrances exams battles in season 1. They are given random pokemon and must bond quickly with them to win. Have Ash fight Team Rocket or maybe a team Flare admin themselves. It could be interesting. And for Frost cavern, we willl see where it goes...

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Honestly , The Best Pokemon Ash can catch right now is an Avalugg because its the only Kalo Pokemon that closer to a ''Tank'' after Goodra. But he still has to replace Fletchinder or Hawlucha with a non-flying Pokemon to create a Good team.
    However , Avalugg is an Ice type Pokemon and Ash already has a Ice type! This series would be even more disappointing if Ash doesn't get a New type.
    Specially , Ash could finally have all type of Pokemon because of Fletchinder and 2 Grass/Ghost type Pokemon.
    If he would have 2 open spot for 2 wildcard in his team! So even with 5 pokemon , he could finally have all 18 type of Pokemon.
    It's not a terrible prediction, but your points are iffy. Ash isn't near Zoey levels to Scottie, Ash is basically like Steven to Scottie, a mentor and hero essentially. Ash fir him winning, I would have him get absolutely wrecked by Ash at the league, It would lead him to better himsekf or never be seen again, depends As for Ash getting Keystone., as I said Allan would respect Ash more as I am sure he has heard more about him and would eventually realize Ash is stronger then Scottie and Better. So Ash's Keystone would be more earned. As for him fighting a power hungry trainer, I could see it, Or actually make it like the league's entrances exams battles in season 1. They are given random pokemon and must bond quickly with them to win. Have Ash fight Team Rocket or maybe a team Flare admin themselves. It could be interesting. And for Frost cavern, we willl see where it goes...

It is a terrible idea ! The last thing Writer should do is make Ash lose another major Tournament to Shota just because of his love-story with Steven after ''Junior Cup'' .
    Shota hold no major priority in this Anime ! Truth is , If Shota failed to enter Kalo League or quit mid-way to become some sort of Pokemon Analyzer then it won't effect the anime at all.
    Just like , Nobody really cared about Cassy failing to enter Jotho League.
    However , If Ash lose another long-term individual tournament and Shota get a Mega-ring before Ash then it would create another major criticism. Writer has to be complete brainless idiot to try something like that after ''Goodra Release Plan'' backfired and they can't afford to take another stupid risk for bunch of Shota Fangirl.
    Truth is , Even Ash's traveling Companion hold less priority considering they will be kick out and replaced at the next series.
    The Most important Character in this series are Ash , Pikachu and Team Rocket ! Writers need to prioritize them over everyone.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Honestly , The Best Pokemon Ash can catch right now is an Avalugg because its the only Kalo Pokemon that closer to a ''Tank'' after Goodra. But he still has to replace Fletchinder or Hawlucha with a non-flying Pokemon to create a Good team.
    However , Avalugg is an Ice type Pokemon and Ash already has a Ice type! This series would be even more disappointing if Ash doesn't get a New type.
    Specially , Ash could finally have all type of Pokemon because of Fletchinder and 2 Grass/Ghost type Pokemon.
    If he would have 2 open spot for 2 wildcard in his team! So even with 5 pokemon , he could finally have all 18 type of Pokemon.

It is a terrible idea ! The last thing Writer should do is make Ash lose another major Tournament to Shota just because of his love-story with Steven after ''Junior Cup'' .
    Shota hold no major priority in this Anime ! Truth is , If Shota failed to enter Kalo League or quit mid-way to become some sort of Pokemon Analyzer then it won't effect the anime at all.
    Just like , Nobody really cared about Cassy failing to enter Jotho League.
    However , If Ash lose another long-term individual tournament and Shota get a Mega-ring before Ash then it would create another major criticism. Writer has to be complete brainless idiot to try something like that after ''Goodra Release Plan'' backfired and they can't afford to take another stupid risk for bunch of Shota Fangirl.
    Truth is , Even Ash's traveling Companion hold less priority considering they will be kick out and replaced at the next series.
    The Most important Character in this series are Ash , Pikachu and Team Rocket ! Writers need to prioritize them over everyone.

The thing is that Ash can catch any Pokemon, really. I don't see Fletchinder/Talonflame and Hawlucha leaving and I think Aegislash would fit him better. He could just bring back Glalie and mega evolve it if he needs an ice-type on his team.
    Also I'd say Ash losing to Scottie is less probable to happen than Serena getting a Milotic.

Tbh I'm sick of Team Rocket and think they really need to go away.

Years
  • he could finally have all 18 type of Pokemon.

Which would be meaningless since it wouldn't suddenly make him stronger imo.

And I'm glad he abandoned Goodra at the swamp since at least now he can rely on his other Kalos Pokemon and not just sweep with a pseudo-Legend.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2015
    Here it here I'm going prediction!
    Serena
    1.Fennekin-Braxien-Delphox- I think that by the time for the master class there will be a battle competition and in the finals against Shauna Braxien evolves but still loses
    2.Panorgo- might be the one to evolve to save Chespin teaming up with Greninja
    3.Syvleon- eevee might evolve while performing during a showcase which gets her to the second round
    4.Litleo- since ash has three flying types i think it's fair that serena gets another fire type

Ash
    1.Pikachu- done
    2. Greninja- Frogadier will evolve either during November or late 2016 like Infernape
    3. Talonflame-
    4.Hawlucha- done
    5.Noivern- will evolve in early 2016
    6. Doudblade-ash will catch honedge and evolve to save ash from TR or a threat
    7. Mega Evolution Pokemon- I think that by the time ash meets Alain he will get interested in trying it himself and gets an stone. I don't see charziard return due to BW but goes to sceptile, Heracross, Glalie, or catches a pokemon that mega evolves like Pinsir, Kanagaskhan, Sableye, or heck even Mawile
    8.Goodra- TO those of you who might of given up on Goodra returning I am one of the people who still has hope that it will return in the future so way or another. when it returns it will learn moves like aqua tail, focus punch, and toxic.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Which would be meaningless since it wouldn't suddenly make him stronger imo.

But he will finally have all type of Pokemon in his collection and thats what matter considering Pokemon is a Monster-collecting genre !

And I'm glad he abandoned Goodra at the swamp since at least now he can rely on his other Kalos Pokemon and not just sweep with a pseudo-Legend.
    Oh , Really !
    I guess Ash didn't rely on Hawlucha when Goodra FAILED against Heliolisk !
    I guess Ash also didn't rely on Other Pokemon when fought Drake and Brendan , He swap their team with Charizard !
    I guess , Ash didn't rely on any Pokemon when he had Infernape , Sceptile , Snorlax or Torterra1

According to your claim , Dawn should dump her Memoswine and Togekiss ! Iris should dump her Dragonite & Gible .
    Hack , Clemont should dump his Luxrey so he can rely on his other Pokemon.
    But I guess its OK for them to have OP Pokemon because they are not ''Ash'' ! Hack Ash should dump Pikachu since he rely on Pikachu more then his other Pokemon.
    Goodra is the weakest Pseudo-Legendary ! It nowhere near other Pseudo-Legendary.
    I guess , Ash shouldn't evolve Frogedier because he will rely on Greninja more then his ''Other Pokemon''.
    Since , Ash's Other Pokemon are just Too Weak & Pathetic so let just kick out his ''Good Pokemon'' So the ''Loser'' can get some attention! Thats exactly what you want .
    Truth is , Even if Ash does rely on his Other Pokemon you would still complain about him relying too much on Goodra.
    Just like those ''Oversmart Idiots'' from DP who complained about Ash stealing all the spotlight from Poor Dawn.
    Oh , I guess we had wrong info about Dawn winning Wallace Cup ! It was Ash won Wallace Cup and become runner-up in his first League but we were ''Too High'' to see it.

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • But he will finally have all type of Pokemon in his collection and thats what matter considering Pokemon is a Monster-collecting genre !

Oh , Really !
    I guess Ash didn't rely on Hawlucha when Goodra FAILED against Heliolisk !
    I guess Ash also didn't rely on Other Pokemon when fought Drake and Brendan , He swap their team with Charizard !
    I guess , Ash didn't rely on any Pokemon when he had Infernape , Sceptile , Snorlax or Torterra1

According to your claim , Dawn should dump her Memoswine and Togekiss ! Iris should dump her Dragonite & Gible .
    Hack , Clemont should dump his Luxrey so he can rely on his other Pokemon.
    But I guess its OK for them to have OP Pokemon because they are not ''Ash'' ! Hack Ash should dump Pikachu since he rely on Pikachu more then his other Pokemon.
    Goodra is the weakest Pseudo-Legendary ! It nowhere near other Pseudo-Legendary.
    I guess , Ash shouldn't evolve Frogedier because he will rely on Greninja more then his ''Other Pokemon''.
    Since , Ash's Other Pokemon are just Too Weak & Pathetic so let just kick out his ''Good Pokemon'' So the ''Loser'' can get some attention! Thats exactly what you want .
    Truth is , Even if Ash does rely on his Other Pokemon you would still complain about him relying too much on Goodra.
    Just like those ''Oversmart Idiots'' from DP who complained about Ash stealing all the spotlight from Poor Dawn.
    Oh , I guess we had wrong info about Dawn winning Wallace Cup ! It was Ash won Wallace Cup and become runner-up in his first League but we were ''Too High'' to see it.

ummm maybe because waaaay more people care about the league than a stupid contest no one gives a crap about?
    maybe because way many more people are interested about ash's performance?
    maybe because you can't prove that goodra is better than frogadier or that milotic would be better than hawlucha or talonflame?

also you seem to forget that back in dpp, ash's infernape was a freaking monster

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Just going to say this: Noboday should give teo ***** about the side characters. They get op pokenon and still manage to get their ****** kicked, Ash can win with any of hi s standard common pokemon against any of their "OP" pokemon.

Back