• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Yet Another Pokémon Story - A Johto/Kanto Adventure

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
I'll post here whenever there's a change to Rayne's team so it's easier to see it here instead of going and reading through my posts. <3

I also thought it would be interesting, because I don't think Rayne would know her new Pokemon's moves immediately, or have a Pokedex to check its moves, so I 'installed' a scanner for that purpose in the Pokemon Center scene in Post 2. Everyone else is absolutely free to use the same idea. :D

Chapter 1 - Post 1
Raenhik battled Spinarak and grew to Level 6

Chapter 1 - Post 2
Raenhik battled Shinx and grew to Level 7
Raenhik forgot Growl and learned Focus Energy.
shinx.gif

Shinx obtained! Named Cleander | Male | Lvl. 4 | Relaxed Nature | Rivalry | Tackle, Helping Hand (Egg Move)
Cleander battled Growlithe and grew to Level 5
Cleander learned Leer.
Raenhik battled Growlithe and grew to Level 8
growlithe.gif

Growlithe obtained! Named Ming | Female | Lvl. 4 | Hardy Nature | Intimidate | Bite
I also had a question for you, Catman. Will there be Pokemon contests held here in Johto?
This is good, I'll get the OP edited.
Oh, and Strikit, if I can have the details for your Stanler, I can get it added to the OP if you'd like?
Spoiler:

@Royal Well... Yes, because I said that in the OP, but I no absolutely nothing about contests. I guess that's what Bulbapedia is for, huh? {XD}
The next city will probably have a Contest Hall, I'm assuming that next city'll be Violet, BTW. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
This is good, I'll get the OP edited.
@Royal Well... Yes, because I said that in the OP, but I no absolutely nothing about contests. I guess that's what Bulbapedia is for, huh? {XD}
The next city will probably have a Contest Hall, I'm assuming that next city'll be Violet, BTW. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Okay! Sounds good! I was just curious how the contests would be held but I will wait to find out. :D I look forward to it.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I'll definitely go through and read the newest posts as well as contribute again later today.

Emberlyn will be catching a new party member much later since she's all about Ecruteak exploration at the moment. Next post will include a battle though! Those are always exciting.

Actually, speaking of Royal updating with his team, I remember in an old journey RP I was in some months back, the GM created a Titanpad where the players would keep track of their parties and any relevant details involving those party members. That might be a good idea if you want to keep track of people's Pokemon, Catman, since I think it'd be easier than to have to keep up with the OP.​

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Actually, speaking of Royal updating with his team, I remember in an old journey RP I was in some months back, the GM created a Titanpad where the players would keep track of their parties and any relevant details involving those party members. That might be a good idea if you want to keep track of people's Pokemon, Catman, since I think it'd be easier than to have to keep up with the OP.[/INDENT]
Ooh, that's a great idea! I'll get to work on that.

...And it's done!

Spoiler:
Everybody head here for the TitanPad!

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
Sorry for not posting yet, I've been caught up in some other stuff, but I should have a post up tomorrow.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Little miscalculation on my part: I didn't realize how busy this weekend was going to be. My first post is almost finished, and should be up tomorrow.

See you all soon!

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Hey! So I found a nice Experience Point calculator link, so if you don't know how much XP your Pokemon should gain after a battle, you can calculate that at the bottom of this page! It'll come in handy especially when battling the Kimono Girls.

Experience Calculator Here!

Last edited:

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I'm not even gonna bother with XP in the traditional sense. Experience points will equal literal battle experience; the more battles a Pokemon is in, the more talented it becomes.

Oh, but look! LONG-ASS POST INCOMING

It's a fun one though!

I noticed some inconsistency with the weather either being windy with a slight chill and it being really hot and humid so I decided to make it so that it was only sweltering on Route 37 because of a big fire. Hopefully that's an appropriate compromise.

Oh and animals are canon now​

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I'm not even gonna bother with XP in the traditional sense. Experience points will equal literal battle experience; the more battles a Pokemon is in, the more talented it becomes.

Oh, but look! LONG-ASS POST INCOMING

It's a fun one though!

I noticed some inconsistency with the weather either being windy with a slight chill and it being really hot and humid so I decided to make it so that it was only sweltering on Route 37 because of a big fire. Hopefully that's an appropriate compromise.

Oh and animals are canon now​

That's fine! Someone has to be a leader of sorts in the details, so nice job! I'll play off that post as Tony heads into Route 37.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Post up! It's kind of short, but I wanted to get something up before the day ended. I'm planning on making some shorter posts throughout the next few days, instead of one giant mega post.
Catch a Pokemon.
Take part in double battle.
Hopefully have time to catch another.
Fun times! =D

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
I'll try and get a post up later today. Some new Pok?mon and a battle, or something.

My goodness Discolsed that was long.
Well, it was enjoyable. ;)
And apparently animals exist now?
I enjoy reading all of your guys' posts as a matter of fact.

Also, I'll probably put up another vote for the next town when Morty's available to battle, if you guys wanted to know.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Certainly was. Next post will probably be around the same length though, lol. But that shows I'm having fun writing for this since I have all these ideas for Emberlyn.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how I can fit any player interaction with my current plans, those being Burned Tower > encounter w/ two of the Kimono Girls > Rt. 37 (what Ember accomplishes there is dependent on what other people have done already) > capturing new Pokemon

...and then eventually I'll get to her challenging Morty, maybe.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
I'm going to be posting my new part for Rayne's last day when she meets Morty. However, I don't want people to feel rushed for how I'm timing my posts right now. I just felt it would make more sense of her finding Morty at night than during the day. :3

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Dang it Royal, Kitsune was gonna be my Vulpix's name! {XD} Oh well, I'll come up with something else.
Still can be, haha. Kitsune and Rayne's mom are just going to be secondary characters. <3

Speaking of, I should probably make a list of her parents' Pokemon somewhere...

Last edited:

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Damn, everyone else is catching a Vulpix too? Maybe I should reconsider, lol

Though Emberlyn's also going to get a Spinarak too. She'd be able to appreciate a creepy-crawly.​

Back