• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Yet Another) Writer's/Artist's Club

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Thanks. I sure hope so.

Last year, I got some strange looks from a few teachers because of my hair; I swear, living in a town this small and sheltered can be so...I don't know how to describe it. But if you dress in anything less than well, preppy, they think you're a weirdo. Luckily the kids don't share the same view.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Yeah, I technically live in a different town from Denver, so some of my friends have got the same kind've looks occasionally.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    It's not like it was done in a punk style cut or anything; have you ever seen degrassi? It was cut just like the goth girls hair, only I had it black (I think she had hers red or something). This year, it's grown out to my shoulders, and I've died it black again; with two blonde streaks in the front. You should have seen how the counselor looked at me when I knocked on his door to get my schedule changed today :p

~Ozy~

Years
    Hmph, I think that kind've look rocks. I had to get my hair cut and abandon my various chains for my trip to Japan so Customs wouldn't get all evil on me.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    That stinks. But at least you get to go back to your usual style of clothes now that you're back home. How was your hair before you had to cut it?

~Ozy~

Years
    It was as close as someone who can easily grow a Jewfro caan get to a Metal drummer's hairstyle can get without using straightening stuff.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Not familiar with the term Jewfro, but it sounds like your hair got quite a few looks as well.:)

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Ah. I see: I always thought that hairstyles like that had to have been terribly heavy and hot.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Ah. sounds kind of like a subtle mullet.

So, seen any good movies lately? The last good movie I saw had to have been Spider-man 2; definitely one of the few sequels to surpass the first. And, of course, the Linguini Incident, and Labyrinth are always good; I must've seen them about a million times.

~Ozy~

Years
    Most recent I saw was King Arthur. It was actually pretty good if you toss out any hopes that it'll be anything like the first.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    King Arthur...was that the one with the woman from Pirates of the Caribbean?
    I didn't care for that one; wandered too far from the original story for my taste. Same with Troy.

~Ozy~

Years
    Yeah, it was. Never saw Troy, never wanted to. I detest Orlando Bloom.

I never expected KA to follow the myth and I suppose that allowed me to enjoy it more. I figure they slapped "King Arthur" on for name recognition.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Yeah; about the only thing the two have in common is characters that share the same names.

Did you see White Chicks? I wanted to, but it left the theater before I got a chance. Guess it wasn't very popular.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Hmm...foreign films...there were only two of those that ever appealed to me; Blood and Roses (from france) and Christiane F.(From Germany, though it may have been subbed). I've never seen either one because they're so hard to find, but I want to.

~Ozy~

Years
    I love the Zatoichi: Blind Swordsman films, along with Yojimbo and most of Kurosawa's films. Notice a trend here?

And it's not foreign, but I though that Fog of War was a great documentary.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Ah, yes; Japanese films? I've never seen any japanese work besides anime and manga of course, but I've heard rumours from my friend in VT (who lived in Japan for two years) that it leaves a lot to be desired, as far as talk shows and comedy's go. But even he, the oh so critical one, couldn't say anything about those sort of films. I'm guessing the're pretty good.

Back