• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(Yet Another) Writer's/Artist's Club

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    We've had that kind of schedule for years, so the teachers all have something for us to do usually. But now they cut out our Monday lunch period which pisses me off to no end. I now have major ranting to do. *prepares sign*

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    How much did they cut it? This new schedule they have us on this year added about five minutes to our lunch. Not much, but something.

I have an idea for an activity here; let's name five words that we or others use to describe ourselves. You don't have to do it, but I think it might be fun. Might help us develop a mental picture if one another.
    Here are my words;
    Moody
    Overly sensitive
    Restless
    Eccentric
    Creative

Sure, most of those are negative, but hey, I'm not perfect. What about you guys?

~Ozy~

Years
    They cut the entire **** period and added it all to our classes.

Anyway, here goes:

Loyal
    Underly (Hey, I'm a writer. I'm allowed to make up words.) sensitive
    Solitary
    Laid back
    Superstitous

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    They cut the entire lunch period? Do you don't get a break at all? I would hate that.

So you say your 'underly' sensitive :) I haven't met you, just typed back and forth a lot, but you don't seem to be; especially when I was telling you about my emotional problems. I really appreciated "talking"with you about that btw; most people won't. Stop me anytime if I'm getting too personal.

~Ozy~

Years
    I have my off hourse, but they're mid-afternoon.

Well, I ment more when it comes to people insulting me and such. Or noticing romantic stuff, I suppose. But thanks for the compliment.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Okay, can I ask you something?

Am I being a real hard *** about this thing, I mean the anime and manga club? I feel like I am, and, well, I need an outsiders point of view. Please, tell me honestly.

~Ozy~

Years
    No, I don't think so. But I have led clubs, so I'm not entirely objective, I know how much you have to yell at people to keep 'em in line.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Thanks, that makes me feel a little better. It's just hard to be both a friend and the task master; know what I mean? Every time I get involved in these sort of activities, I end up doing a large amount of "group work" by myself. Just, trying to make sure that doesn't happen this time.And, just now, I found out I blew 100$ out of pocket on software that they decided they don't need.

Edit; Firefly,Monkey, This is just me venting; I got your PM just now. I'm sorry if I offended you guys. When we have real meetings, maybe we won't get into ordeals like this. I'd send you a PM, but for some reason, that page won't load.

Last edited:

~Ozy~

Years
    Ouch. That sucks. But, yeah, it's never cool to have to come down on friends, but you need to sometimes.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Yeah, I agree with you there.

I got your PM; I tried to reply, but it said your box was full or something to that effect, so I fugured I'd answer it here. That'd be great if you'd add me to your list. I'll add you to mine.

So, doing anything special to prepare for school?

~Ozy~

Years
    Huh...That's odd, it supposedly had another 37 messages left to store. Anywaay, I've cleaned it out so that should end those toubles

As for school, I'm doing nothing except franticly going back over my Japanese notes, trying to remember it all. You?

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Well, I'm a girl, so I'm using it as an excuse to go shopping ;) I tried to get a different teacher for biology, but the counselors wouldn't let me change. It's kind of embaressing to be in his class again, since I had him last year and I didn't do so well in his labs. Surprisingly enough, though, he really liked the way I wrote, so I got an A on almost all my essays. Wish I could say the same for my first english teacher last year (I had two; the second one was better).

I just tried to PM firefly, and it said the same thing that it said when I tried to PM you, so it's probably a(nother) problem with my comp. Sorry you cleaned out your mailbox for nothing. I finally got my home computer to load the cookies, btw, so I should be on regularily.

I finally got the rest of my schedule changed, short of biology. Not much diff. though.

Semester One
    Choir
    Creative Writing 1
    Geometry
    Biology

Semester Two
    Choir
    Psychology
    Mythology
    World History

I changed out of newspaper because they turned it into a audio/video class. I'm sure you know what that means.

Last edited:

~Ozy~

Years
    Ouch. I'd hate it if they did that to my Newspaper class.
    *Looks over schedule*
    WHAT! You have a Mythology class? Lucky little...All we got was a two-week unit on it in LA 1-2 (Freshman LA class) which I skipped out of.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    :laugh: *smiles proudly*
    Yep. It's new this year, with the block schedules. It was either Mythology or Tecnical Writing for my english credit, so I decided most definitely on Mythology.

Unfortunately, I have Biology and Geometry the same semester-_-.

~Ozy~

Years
    Geometry is a snap. I, the consumate un-mathmatician got an A in it. It's Bio I'd worry about, that class was awful for me.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    I've got Blackstone. AGAIN. It's beyond me why they didn't just let me finish out the year last year. Why, do you have it the same period? That'd be nice; misery loves company :)

I didn't have a problem with the essays in bio; just the labs. And I absolutely hate math. Geometry is just drawing shapes though, right?

~Ozy~

Years
    And figuring out angles in them. But not much else. Fairly easy class.

I had the smae troubles in Bio, but even though my essays were good they were unfairly graded. Stupid teacher.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Actually, I didn't have a problem with the essays. If I was completely out of the loop, I'd just write it like I knew what I was talking about, and he gave me a descent grade for trying.

Now English :\ For the first half of the year, I was in a Pre-AP class. Our first assignment was a bookreport. We had to take note on every single page, and then write out a book report in addition to a character synopsis. I did it on William Tevis' "The man who fell to earth", and worked on it every night for a month...And I got a thirteen on it. And, because she really hated my writing, she kicked me out, and I was put into regular english ten (I'm a year ahead in english), where my new english teacher loved my writing. I've got her again this year for creative writing :)

~Ozy~

Years
    Ah, see, I talked to my Freshman year Science teacher and she really liked my essays, even the one I scored eight on. He hated me, so it was a situation like your LA class except I couldn't get out.

Anyway, good luck. Sophmore year is better.

Back