• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen "You don't have to press the B button anymore!"

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    In the distant past, the player must be required to press and hold the B button to run. However, in HG/SS, this method was replaced by a stylus that allows the player to automatically run at his/her will.

This is probably the greatest change done to the remake. It's sooooooooooooo much easier traveling to places now. I wasn't a big fan of bicycling; I mainly traveled the region via running, swimming, and flying. Now I don't have the fear of breaking my B button anymore.

So, who else idolizes this grand innovation as much as I do?

Do you even use this feature?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    I love this feature. I think it was meant to encourage people to travel by foot so they could make more use of the "follow me" feature. It's a real shame they took it out of Black and White.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I also quite liked the feature, and thought it should have been introduced earlier.

And then B/W came along without the small yet useful featuree. Sure, it's minor, but why should anyone have to hold the button if they want to go faster?

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2012
    I loved it! Very Useful and saved time! Shame they got rid of it in black and white :/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

So, who else idolizes this grand innovation as much as I do?: I enjoyed being able to run without holding down the B Button.

Do you even use this feature?: Yes, I did. I never turned the Running Shoes off either.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I didn't like this feature very much at all. It felt kinda... unnatural. XD I kept on using the B button, just as I always did.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I didn't really even notice the feature, I just held B regardless. It's never been that much of a hassle for me lol

BattleBeard

The Ultimate Beard
    Years
    Whenever the third Black/White thing comes out, it'll probably have this awesome invention. And the follow me feature.

After all, more awesome, yet minor features in the third version = more money for Gamefreak!

I never use it. I just miss my following Pokemon!

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    I loved it. I always run/fly everywhere so it was great for me :D
    The only time I ever use the bike is when i'm hatching eggs.
    It's very inconvenient to have to equip your bike everytime you come out of a building.

I was devastated when I saw they didn't put it in Black and White.
    Now I have to hold down B everywhere D:

Back