• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen "You don't have to press the B button anymore!"

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Still press B all the time, even though it does it for you :L Bikes are bad on HGSS too because who wouldn't want a cute little sandshrew chasing after you! Hehe. ^.^

Years
    I honestly think that this was a really good idea, and evidenced by the people in this thread, it seems really useful. I don't actually use it myself, because running seems to attract more wild Pokemon in grass and caves as compared to walking. I would also get burned early on in the game when I left it on and was trying to sneak around trainers (I always try and get to the next city's Pokemon Centre first before I go back and fight them). On top of this, I found myself holding B a lot of the time, anyways.

Summersaurus

Rawrr ❤
    Years
    In HG/SS I just loved the 'Run' icon on my touch screen and not having to hold in the B button.
    I never stopped using it because I like listening to the music and when riding a Bicycle the music is horrible >.<

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I got into the habit of pressing B, and will probably always press B until I no longer have the option. I don't even use the feature, although I have tried it before. I rarely ever fly, because I almost never have a flying Pokemon on my team. I think it is a nice option to have though, I enjoyed having it. I feel awkward when my character randomly starts running when I haven't pressed B, but like I said, it must have been all of those years doing it, I don't even notice anymore. I was halfway through Kanto when I remembered it.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    I was completly oblivious to the fact that this is possible since I just kept button mashing, I thought it was the option to touch and hold the shoe icon to run (which I thought was weird lol) but since you just need to press it once, well I began to use it but it wasn't much of a difference since I have the habit of holding down the B button when running... X(

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I'm always running on the game (unless I'm going through grass and trying not to attract too much attention), so I love the feature.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I absolutely love this feature. It was one of the best things they could have done and I was so disappointed when I found out the feature was absent in Pokemon Black and White. I was so happy not have to use all that extra strength to constantly hold down a button. I always used it.

Back