• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Ritual Sanctuary is already an anime spell card used to pull Ritual spells from the deck. New name, please?

Aside from that, it's nice to see that rituals are getting a bit more limelight then Advanced Ritual Art can offer, seeing as Demise is just fail-erific anyway. However, I'm going to ask what usable level four Ritual monsters exist, aside from Asuka's seven lucky godesses cyber-angels and Relinquished.

Ay, maybe I'll join the fun.

Ganondora Dragon
Monster/Dark/Ritual/Dragon/Effect/6*
Atk 2500/Def 2100
This monster can only be summoned through ritual summon. During your main phase, you may tribute this monster in order to destroy all monsters on the field.

Descent of Dark Dragon
Ritual Spell
Send any number of monsters from your hand or field to the graveyard. Special summon one dragon-type ritual monster whose level stars are equal to or lower then the combined level stars of the tributed monsters.

Phyrandorras Dragon
Monster/Dark/Ritual/Dragon/Effect/5*
Atk 2100/Def 1000
This monster can only be summoned through ritual summon. Once per turn, discard one card from your hand in order to destroy one face-down card on the opponent's side of the field.

Carnax Dragon
Monster/Dark/Ritual/Dragon/Effect/5*
Atk 2100/ Def 1700
This monster can only be summoned through ritual summon. When this monster attacks an opponent's defense position monster whose defense is lower then this monster's attack, inflict the difference between the two monsters' attack points and defense points to the opponent's life points.

Harogigas Dragon
Monster/Dark/Ritual/Dragon/Effect/10*
Atk 3000/ Def 3000
This monster can only be summoned through ritual summon. This monster cannot be removed from the field by card effects.

Ritual Slash
Quickplay Spell
You may activate this card when tributing monsters for a ritual summon. Pay one thousand life points in order to halve the number of level stars required to ritual summon that monster.

Reviver of D.
Monster/Spellcaster/Effect/4*
Atk 1000/ Def 1000
When a dragon-type monster you control is destroyed by battle, tribute this face-up monster in order to special summon it from the graveyard, ignoring summoning conditions.

Ritual Burial Grounds
Field Spell
Both players may remove monsters from their graveyards from play instead of tributing monsters for a ritual summon.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Cyber Stein #2: That last bit is really unnecessary. By ruling, if you pay more Life Points than you have then you lose the game, and the wording made it quite clear that the higher life point cost always takes precedence so there's no weaseling out of that one. Nice to see some more creative ways to get ritual monsters on the field. (Welcome to the era of the random ritual monsters =O) That spell and trap effect protection is pretty hefty, though. Throw in Skill Drain on top of that and you've got an invincible juggernaught out on the field.

Well, it's just in case of any sneaky players trying to get away with doing so *shifty eyes*...

That's just S/T that target, though, so the almighty Mirror Force still kills it. Heh, even Fissure & Smashing Ground could work, actually...just not any Metamorphosis abuse or anything like that.

Cyber Jar #3: Meh, in all honesty it can bite just about any kind of deck if you've got a rough deal on the shuffle. Actually, the one that benefits most would be Vanilla Exodia. Screw that, you could make a decktype of this: 3x Cyber Jar#3, all bits and pieces of Exodia and the rest of the slots filled by stalling or deck filtering Spell and Trap cards. Throw in one copy Magical Blast and you won't outdeck yourself either. xD

Well, no worse than Morphing Jar #2 could do. This one just adds to the hand instead of summoning to the field and preventing further attacks all at once. It also takes into account any MOnster cards already in hand, so you might only be going for one or two.

......Heheh, I just realized that it's a bit of Gadget love...

Pot of Complacency: First of all, this should be a Continuous Spell since it stays on the field. (In lieu with Nightmare's Steelcage and Swords of Revealing Light) And speaking of Steelcage...congratulations, you just turned it totally obsolete since this essentially a sexed up version of it. Not only does it give you complete protection for two turns, it also gives you +1 CA when it's done. Heck, it even gives you those draws if you discard it. Stall decks just can't lose with this. O_O Meh, at the very least restrict the draw effect so it only occurs if your opponent's card effect destroyed it, possibly so that your opponent gets to draw those cards if they leave it on the field. (Considering that it's still a souped-up Nightmare's Steelcage, I'd say that's only fair xP) I'd also like to point out that this isn't particularly pot-ish since it's continuous. (Even though you tried to disguise it as a Normal Spell) As it is, it's banlist material.

Continuous Spell = Hamon = BIG OUCH.

Aaanyhow, just a little something that struck my uninspired mind. xD Ritual monster theme! =D

Ritualist Channeler
Spellcaster/Effect
3 Star/Light
1000 Atk / 600 Def

Tribute this face-up card on the Field to Special Summon one Level 4 or lower Ritual Monster from your Hand (This is treated as a Ritual Summon). When a monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed by battle, you lose 1000 Life Points.

Paladin of White Dragon.

Ritualist Soultrader
Spellcaster/Effect
4 Star/Dark
1600 Atk / 800 Def

Once per turn, if this monster is face-up on your Field, you may select and activate one of the following:

*Show one Ritual Monster from your Hand to your opponent, then shuffle it into your Deck in order to draw a card.

*Send one monster card from your Hand to the Graveyard in order to add a Ritual Monster from your Graveyard to your Hand.

So Senju & Manju become instant draws? Meh.

Ritualist Warden
Spellcaster/Effect
4 Star/Light
2100 Atk / 1600 Def

If "Ritual Sanctuary" is not on your Field, this card is destroyed. Discard this card from your Hand to add one "Ritual Sanctuary" from your Deck to your Hand.

Meh, Captain Gold for the series.

Ritual Sanctuary
Field Spell

While this card is face-up on the Field, Ritual Monsters can be Ritual Summoned without using a Ritual Spell Card. You must still offer monsters from your Field or Hand whose combined level stars are greater than or equal to the level stars of the Ritual Monster you want to Summon. While there is at least one face-up Ritual Monster on the Field, this card can not be destroyed.

...Deadly beyond belief, especially for a deck like Demise OTK. Lets you cut down on the Spell space required so that other, more powerful cards can go in.

Eternal Banishment
Counter Trap

This card can only be activated by discarding one Spell Card from your Hand when your opponent Summons a monster (Including Flip Summon). Remove the summoned monster from play. If the card you discarded to activate this card was a Ritual Spell Card, your opponent may not summon any monsters with the same name as the monster removed from play by this effect or use any of their card effects for the remainder of the Duel.

Uh..."Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Monster" anyone?

Of course they'll also have their own ritual monsters. (To be unveiled in the next installment) Oh, and more supports and whatnot too. :3

>_> Did you just take the idea from mine??

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Ritual Channeler- there is also Paladin of White Dragon, which is a major boost to Blue Eyes deck if they can ditch the tough requirements to pull out Paladin of White Dragon.

Ritualist Soultrader- unless there's more support, Manju is really superior compare to this card, just because it will automatically pull out Demise/Reshef/Shinato without cost.

Ritualist Warden- we hate terraforming do we

Ritual Sanctuary- fusion gate for ritual monsters... about time, really. Demise just got a heck of a lot faster now that they can focus on purely pulling the Sanctuary, Demise itself and take out normal monsters o_O;

Eternal Banishment- why am I ever going to play this anymore now that there's Ritual Sanctuary? XD; I just don't need Advanced Ritual Art anymore... sort of.

Ganondora Dragon- err... why not just use Demise. The monster itself will survive, at least.

Descent of Dark Dragon- looking at the card name totally mistakens to be the Dark Dragon support cards for the new cards in Japan (Dark Armed Dragons, etc). Basically just a general ritual summon card for dragons...

Phyrandorras and Carnax- the fact that Cyber Dragon suicides into it makes it... not very good? Six Samurais can easily do the same thing without a discard and a bunch of cards to pull it out as well. Ritual monsters need *supreme* effects in order to be playable.

Harogigas- >>; alright, you Raiza/Penguin hater... just what does this card do except... put the spite on penguins?

Ritual Slash- situational, LP decreasing and still takes up 1 card (we replaced 1 4-star monster with a quick play)... doesn't do anything in reality.

Reviver of D- We need to know the timing... like, can I resurrect my horus that died 10 turns ago by this? :3

Ritual Burial Ground- I think I'll just skull lair /swt At least I get to hit their field on top of removing for some dimension fusion push.

As for the new dragon structure deck.... it's failure >>; The recursion is not recursion but more like "effects that only activate if you special summon from the graveyard." Err Konami, that is NOT recursion. Only people whose brain is the size of a pea (or smaller) will ever consider hitting a face up Decoy Dragon, so you have to hope that you hit the Decoy Dragon face down... oh wait, does its effect even activate if it's face down -____-; *sigh* the last 3-4 structure deck did pretty well. Fel-Grant dragon is basically vanilla (it sucks that much.) The only usable cards are Prophet of World Creation/Trade In because Prophet makes Trade In a mini-Pot of Greed but still highly limiting... Dark Blaze Dragon is one star short of being playable because it just doesn't work with trade in, and its effect is just difficult to bring out, once again because only no-brainers will fall for hitting Decoy Dragon.

Advent of the Emperor should be a lot more... interesting. (Emperor = "Monarch") Yes, the next structure deck in line is Monarch Support. Does that strike anyone else as sounding totally silly because Monarchs are known to be splashed and not be a theme for itself?"

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Well, maybe they'll just give us a copy of Labounty's deck with a few cards missing. XD

Anyway, while I think the key dragon monsters in Dragon Revival are failing, the supports aren't all that bad. Throwing monsters into the graveyard quickly in order to bounce them out onto the field isn't all that bad of a strategy, IMO, just so long as the card you're using to pull them can't be easily stopped.

Harogigas-Destroyed is also removed from field, I thought, so basically it's a massive monster that can't be insta-nuked. You either need something with higher attack points, Skill Drain, or a card that lowers its attack or raises your own. It's basically the most evil thing I could come up with, since card effect destruction is what's in nowadays.

Reviver of D: It says "When it is destroyed", implying that it has to be immediately, I'd think. On the other hand, recursion is something that Konami just tried to give to dragons, so I'll be opening up that rez text a bit.

RBG- Difference: Skull Lair needs six cards to wipe out Cyber Dragon, whereas Ritual Grounds removes two monsters and plunks down Demise or some other beast of a ritual monster, as well as setting the stage for an RFTDD. I'll say that it's a pretty fair effect.

Point taken on the others, though, Carnax and Phyradorras just got a two-hundred point bonus, and I'm thinking about nasty effects I can give them that haven't already been taken.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Harogigas- I guess you're right I missed it... however, that will mean destroyed by battle is also a form of destroy, which is also a form of removed from the field. Meaning, this thing is *invincible* except for Skill Drain... um, run Skill Drain burn, Bloo-D or die? (can't negate its effect that easily either because it's continuous effect, ugh)

Ritual Burial Ground- point remains... I'm playing a field spell card just to remove things from play. The reason why Doom Dozer is chosen is because it has its own built in removal engine... Many cards can remove things from play and do some other (minor) things in the meantime.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
RBG- Difference: Skull Lair needs six cards to wipe out Cyber Dragon, whereas Ritual Grounds removes two monsters and plunks down Demise or some other beast of a ritual monster, as well as setting the stage for an RFTDD. I'll say that it's a pretty fair effect.

Point taken on the others, though, Carnax and Phyradorras just got a two-hundred point bonus, and I'm thinking about nasty effects I can give them that haven't already been taken.

Correction: five monsters, and what do you think they're getting removed for in the first place?

Anyway...since you brought up "nasty effects for Ritual Monsters that haven't already been taken"...heheheh.........

A Hero's Unexpected Fate
Ritual Spell

This card is used to Ritual Summon one Psycho Hero from your hand. You must also offer Normal "Elemental Hero" monsters whose total Level is equal to or greater than the Level of the Ritual Monster you are trying to Ritual Summon from your hand or side of the field.

Psycho Hero - Ourose
DARK/1 Star
Warrior/Ritual/Effect
ATK: 100 DEF: 3000
This card can only be Ritual Summoned by the effect of "A Hero's Unexpected Fate." While this card is in your hand or Deck, it is considered to have 10 Level Stars instead of 1. This card cannot be selected as a target of your Spell or Trap cards. If this monster destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, you win the Match.

Psycho Hero - Kysarani
DARK/4 Stars
Fiend/Ritual/Effect
ATK: 1550 DEF: 700
This card can only be Ritual Summoned by the effect of "A Hero's Unexpected Fate." When this card destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the combined ATK & DEF of that monster.

Psycho Hero - Farakar
DARK/3 Stars
Warrior/Ritual/Effect
ATK: 1000 DEF: 600
This card can only be Ritual Summoned by the effect of "A Hero's Unexpected Fate." You may tribute this face-up card to Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower "Elemental Hero" Fusion monster from your Fusion Deck, ignoring any summoning conditions.

Psycho Hero - Surate
DARK/7 Stars
Warrior/Ritual/Effect
ATK: 2700 DEF: 2400
This card can only be Ritual Summoned by the effect of "A Hero's Unexpected Fate." While this card is face-up on your side of the field, Level 6 or lower "Psycho Hero" monsters in your hand do not require the activation of "A Hero's Unexpected Fate" to be Ritual Summoned (Normal "Elemental Hero" monsters matching the correct Level must still be offered).

Psycho Hero - Korraga
DARK/8 Stars
Warrior/Ritual/Effect
ATK: 3200 DEF: 2400
This card can only be Ritual Summoned by the effect of "A Hero's Unexpected Fate." While this card is face-up on your side fo the field, you may offer any "Elemental Hero" monster for the purposes of Ritual Summoning a "Psycho Hero" monster. During each of your Standby Phases, inflict 800 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points for each Ritual Monster on your side of the field, including this card.

Psycho Signal
Normal Trap
You can activate this card when a face-up "Psycho Hero" monster on your side of the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle. Special Summon to your side of the field 1 "Psycho Hero" from your hand or deck that has fewer Level Stars than the destroyed monster, ignoring any summoning conditions.

Psycho Dash
Equip Spell
This card can only be equipped to a "Psycho Hero" monster. When the equipped monster declares an attack against an opponent's monster and your opponent has a Spell or Trap card in the same column as that monster, destroy that card immediately before damage calculation. Spell & Trap cards cannot be chained to this effect.

Psycho Cut
Equip Spell
This card can only be equipped to a "Psycho Hero" monster. If the equipped monster attacks a Defense Position monster with a ATK higher than the attacked monster's DEF, inflict twice the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
I'd say that it's basically a metagame-changing engine. If they made Harogigas, shift might have to lean towards attack-upping cards versus destruction cards in side decks. Rising Energy, Skill Drain, Riryoku... there are a bunch of cards that can take him down, it's just that besides the cards you mentioned, not many of them see play. Besides, I wanted something that couldn't be nuked by Zaborg or Raiza, which I consider the cheapest monsters ever made since they plunk down too quickly with Perfect Circle support cards. I want to destroy the current metagame. DESTROY IT, I TELL YOU! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *shot*

RBG removes from play for ritual sacrifice, so you can tribute monsters and toss out Demise, then back him up by removing them and summoning Harogigas. Considering this, I'd say that it's at least as fun as Doom Dozer, if not moreso since Demise can't nuke Harogigas.

Summoner of Dark Dragon
Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Effect/4*
Atk 1600/Def 800
Pay five hundred life points and tribute this monster in order to Ritual Summon a dragon-type ritual monster from your hand or deck.

King of the Blackland
Monster/Dark/Warrior/Gemini/6*
Atk 2300/Def 2300
This monster is considered to be a normal monster. During your main phase, you may normal summon this monster. If so, it becomes an effect monster with the following effect(s):
-Once per turn, discard one card from your hand in order to special summon one dragon-type ritual monster from your graveyard, ignoring summoning conditions.

Ritual Engine
Continuous Spell
Once per turn, you may activate one of the following effects:
-Send a ritual monster or spell card from your hand to the graveyard and draw a card.
-Discard one card from your hand in order to add a ritual monster or spell card from your graveyard to your hand.

Edit: Wow, Icha made the heroes go insane.

First of all, main problem is that it requires normal E-Heroes, meaning that it requires Advanced Ritual Art. Seeing that, I'll just use Demise instead.

Ourose: Um... why didn't you just give it ten stars to begin with? It's not as if dinky monsters never get high levels. (*Cough*Aitsu and Koitsu*Cough*) Anyway, only good in combo with Ojama Trio or if the opponent plays scapegoat.

Kysarani: Actually, this might make a good five-star ordinary effect monster. Just enough attack points to kill recruiters, few enough that it isn't broken. Only problem is that after expending the energy to get it out on the field, you get run over by Cyber Dragon.

Faraker: Let me get this straight: I have to build my deck around a single ritual spell, very little ritual support (Due to the text of these monsters Ritual Sanctuary doesn't work) and normal E-Hero just to pull Rampart, Thunder Giant, or Wingman? I'll stick with King of the Swamp fusion build for summoning fusion heroes, thank you.

Psycho Signal: If only it could call Surate or Koraga, I'd use it.

Surate/Korraga: Nice attempt to open the deck up, but by the time you've tossed four ordinary E-Heroes to get these guys on the field, you've basically left your own deck depleted. I mean, how many ordinary E-Heroes can you fit in around these four guys plus spell and trap support?

Personally, I think that Miracle Fusion is this build's one saving grace. Dump for Surate/Korraga, fuse the monsters in your graveyard, rinse, lather, repeat. Officially, I'd say that they'd be awesome if they weren't thrown into the hero decktype. Honestly, at least my dragons can toss each other if they have to, and with KotB they can get rezzed afterward, so it's all good.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Summoner of Dark Dragon
Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Effect/4*
Atk 1600/Def 800
Pay five hundred life points and tribute this monster in order to Ritual Summon a dragon-type ritual monster from your hand or deck.

Powerful. Just asking for trouble from the other Rituals.

King of the Blackland
Monster/Dark/Warrior/Gemini/6*
Atk 2300/Def 2300
This monster is considered a normal monster. During your main phase, you may normal summon this monster. If so, it becomes an effect monster with the following effect(s):
-Once per turn, discard one card from your hand in order to special summon one dragon-type ritual monster from your graveyard, ignoring summoning conditions.

Uh...mill, anyone? Dump them all to the Graveyard, then summon them back again.

Ritual Engine
Continuous Spell
Once per turn, you may activate one of the following effects:
-Send a ritual monster or spell card from your hand to the graveyard and draw a card.
-Discard one card from your hand in order to add a ritual monster or spell card from your graveyard to your hand.

Spell version of that other monster. ...Nah, I'll stick with the other searchers.

Edit: Wow, Icha made the heroes go insane.

First of all, main problem is that it requires normal E-Heroes, meaning that it requires Advanced Ritual Art. Seeing that, I'll just use Demise instead.

Ourose: Um... why didn't you just give it ten stars to begin with? It's not as if dinky monsters never get high levels. (*Cough*Aitsu and Koitsu*Cough*) Anyway, only good in combo with Ojama Trio or if the opponent plays scapegoat.

Two words: Gravity Bind. There's also one other card this thing was geared towards that makes it a bit more powerful than that...

Kysarani: Actually, this might make a good five-star ordinary effect monster. Just enough attack points to kill recruiters, few enough that it isn't broken. Only problem is that after expending the energy to get it out on the field, you get run over by Cyber Dragon.

One thing: killing an average recruiter will smack the opponent for at least 2000 points of damage. It's also a lovely target for Rush Recklessly or Shrink-trap, increasing the damage to almost 4000 after killing a Cyber Dragon through the former.

Faraker: Let me get this straight: I have to build my deck around a single ritual spell, very little ritual support (Due to the text of these monsters Ritual Sanctuary doesn't work) and normal E-Hero just to pull Rampart, Thunder Giant, or Wingman? I'll stick with King of the Swamp fusion build for summoning fusion heroes, thank you.

Uhh......no, not quite......heheheh...

Psycho Signal: If only it could call Surate or Koraga, I'd use it.

Funny you should mention that...

Surate/Korraga: Nice attempt to open the deck up, but by the time you've tossed four ordinary E-Heroes to get these guys on the field, you've basically left your own deck depleted. I mean, how many ordinary E-Heroes can you fit in around these four guys plus spell and trap support?

Uh...

Personally, I think that Miracle Fusion is this build's one saving grace. Dump for Surate/Korraga, fuse the monsters in your graveyard, rinse, lather, repeat. Officially, I'd say that they'd be awesome if they weren't thrown into the hero decktype. Honestly, at least my dragons can toss each other if they have to, and with KotB they can get rezzed afterward, so it's all good.

Mwahahahahahah......you thought I was done adding cards...while I haven't even reached the halfway point yet!

Psycho City
Field Spell
Increase the ATK of all "Psycho Hero" monsters by 500. In addition, decrease the Level Stars of all "Psycho Hero" monsters in your hand & Deck by half (rounded up).

Psycho Hero - Kuraku
DARK/4 Stars
Warrior/Effect
ATK: 2100 DEF: 1000
Destroy this card if "Psycho City" is not face-up on the field. You can discard this card from your hand to add 1 "Psycho City" from your Deck to your hand.

Psycho Hero - Hartori
DARK/3 Stars
Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1400 DEF: 800
While this card is face-up on your side of the field, 'Psycho City" on your side of the field cannot be destroyed, and increase the ATK of all other "Psycho Hero" monsters by 300.

Psycho Hero - Urnar
DARK/6 Stars
Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1200 DEF: 1500
If there is another face-up "Psycho Hero" monster on your side of the field, your opponent cannot select this monster as an attack target. Each time a "Psycho Hero" monster is summoned to your side of the field, inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent.

An Ominous Whirlwind
Quick-Play Spell
You can only activate this card when there is a face-up "Psycho Hero" monster on your side of the field. Destroy up to two Spell or Trap cards on the field.

Psycho Cross
Normal Spell
Select two of these three from your Graveyard and add them to your hand:
-1 "Psycho Hero" Ritual monster
-1 "A Hero's Unexpected Fate"
-1 monster that was used to Ritual Summon a "Psycho Hero" Ritual monster

Dark Plot Twist
Ritual Spell
This card's name is also considered to be "A Hero's Unexpected Fate" while in your hand, Graveyard, or on your side of the field. Send 1 "Elemental Hero" or "Psycho Hero" effect monster in your hand to the Graveyard to Ritual Summon 1 "Psycho Hero" Ritual monster with fewer Level Stars than the sent monster from your hand or deck.

Psycho Hero - Torari
DARK/4 Stars
Warrior/Gemini
ATK: 1900 DEF: 1200
This card is considered to be a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect monster with the following effect:
-Any monster may be offered to Ritual Summon a "Psycho Hero" Ritual monster.

Psycho Refill
Continuous Spell
Whenever a "Psycho Hero" monster is Ritual Summoned, you may draw one card for each monster Tributed to Ritual Summon it.

And now:

Psycho Lord - Syarote
DARK/12 Stars
Warrior/Ritual/Effect
ATK: 4500 DEF: 3500
This card is considered to be a "Psycho Hero" monster. This card can only be Ritual Summoned by the effect of "A Hero's Unexpected Fate." This card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell & Trap cards. This card can attack all monsters on your opponent's side of the field once each. When this card attacks an opponent's Defense Position monster with an ATK higher than that monster's DEF, inflict the difference as damage to your opponent's Life Points. The effects of any monster this card destroys is negated. Once per turn, you may select and activate one of the following effects:
-Destroy two cards on your oppponent's side of the field.
-Special Summon 1 Level 10 or lower "Psycho Hero" monster from your Graveyard, ignoring any summoning conditions.
If "Elemental Hero Ichaste" is on your side of the field, you may instead activate both of the above effects.

More support to come...

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Ichaste Pekoni said:
Well, no worse than Morphing Jar #2 could do. This one just adds to the hand instead of summoning to the field and preventing further attacks all at once. It also takes into account any MOnster cards already in hand, so you might only be going for one or two.

Umm...sorry, but I'm not following you on this one. Are you seriously arguing that there's no difference between putting Exodia pieces straight into your hand (Where they can win you the game) and placing them on the field (where they are about as useful as Mokey Mokey)? o.O The thing with this jar is, that if the monsters you have are three of these and the Exodia pieces, flipping it will either A) assemble the whole of Exodia in one go and win you the game right there and then, or B) get three or four parts of it and a monster (or two of them) that will search out the remaining part(s) next turn since the Jar you drop down is no longer in your hand and thus doesn't count for the five-card limit. Big difference there.

Ichaste Pekoni said:
Uh..."Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Monster" anyone?

That card penalizes your field presence and doesn't remove from play. Also, this one doubles up as a trap-form of Dark Core if you don't use a ritual and has a more specific requirement for its full effect.

Aaanywayz, I'd comment on those cards but there's just...so many of them. o.o I'll get back to those later, m'kay? I'll say this, though: Ourouse seems like banlist material to me. United We Stand/Mage Power, anyone? Not hard to bap down a low Atk/Def monster with that. Heck, even Shield & Sword would do the trick because of that godly Def. xP

Unleashing the Guardians
Ritual Spell

This card can be used to Ritual Summon one "Guardian Beast" Ritual Monster from your Hand or Deck. You must also offer monsters from your Field and Hand whose combined level stars are greater than or equal to the level stars of the monster you wish to Ritual Summon.

Guardian Beast - Zynthre
Rock/Ritual/Effect
4 Star/Earth
1600 Atk / 1800 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned through Ritual Summon. A monster destroyed by this card in battle and sent to the Graveyard may not use any of its card effects and may not be removed from the Graveyard for as long as this card remains on the Field. When this card is removed from the Field, select one monster on the Field and remove it from play until your next End Phase.

Guardian Beast - Serret
Winged Beast/Ritual/Effect
4 Star/Light
1450 Atk / 1450 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned through Ritual Summon. Once per turn, you may select one monster on your opponent's Field. If the selected monster is face-down it is flipped face-up (Flip Effects are not activated), if the Def of the monster is lower than the Atk of this card, destroy it, otherwise it is returned to its original position. On the turn this effect is activated, this card may not attack. When this card is removed from the Field, destroy one monster on the Field.

Guardian Beast - Nishien
Aqua/Ritual/Effect
4 Star/Water
1700 Atk / 800 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned through Ritual Summon. Once per turn, when this card is face-up on the Field, you may select a card at random from your opponent's Hand and look at it. If the selected card is a Spell or Trap card, set it on the Field. When this card is removed from the Field, destroy all face-down Spell and Trap cards on the Field.

Guardian Beast- Infernis
Pyro/Ritual/Effect
4 Star/Fire
2000 Atk / 0 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned through Ritual Summon. Once per turn, you may inflict damage to your opponent equal to 300 x the combined number of monsters on both players' Fields. On the turn this effect is activated, this card may not attack. When this card is removed from the Field, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.

Guardians' Treasure
Normal Spell

Draw three cards then reveal them to your opponent. If none of the cards is a "Guardian Beast" monster, remove all cards in your Hand from play Otherwise, remove one "Guardian Beast" monster in your Hand from play.

Mark of the Sacrifice
Equip Spell

When offering monsters for a Ritual Summon, a monster equipped with this card is considered to have twice as many level stars as usual. When the monster equipped with his card is offered as tribute for a Ritual Summon, return this card to your Hand.

Bleh, not as much time as I had hoped to have so it's just the low-level beasts and two quick supports this time around. xP

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Umm...sorry, but I'm not following you on this one. Are you seriously arguing that there's no difference between putting Exodia pieces straight into your hand (Where they can win you the game) and placing them on the field (where they are about as useful as Mokey Mokey)? o.O The thing with this jar is, that if the monsters you have are three of these and the Exodia pieces, flipping it will either A) assemble the whole of Exodia in one go and win you the game right there and then, or B) get three or four parts of it and a monster (or two of them) that will search out the remaining part(s) next turn since the Jar you drop down is no longer in your hand and thus doesn't count for the five-card limit. Big difference there.

No, I was arguing that the mill part of the effect is about as "damaging" as that of Morphing Jar #2, since a player is likely to have 3-4 monsters in his/her hand already. And besides, what Cyber Jar #3 does for Exodia, Morphing Jar #2 can do for decks like Magical Explosion OTK (dump 15-20 spells in one go), flip-burn (3x Des Koala, anyone?), or plain old stall decks (getting attacked during the Battle Phase basically ends it, as any other monster goes face-down). Granted, the deck isn't quite as fast or easy to build for MJ2, but the ability still exists.

Oh, and PoA is always an option to get those Exodia pieces back.

That card penalizes your field presence and doesn't remove from play. Also, this one doubles up as a trap-form of Dark Core if you don't use a ritual and has a more specific requirement for its full effect.

...Right, I forgot we already had one of those...I was looking more at the effect of Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell specifically.

Aaanywayz, I'd comment on those cards but there's just...so many of them. o.o I'll get back to those later, m'kay? I'll say this, though: Ourouse seems like banlist material to me. United We Stand/Mage Power, anyone? Not hard to bap down a low Atk/Def monster with that. Heck, [S-HIGHLIGHT]even Shield & Sword would do the trick because of that godly Def.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] xP

And THERE'S the other card. Of course, with all the Psycho Hero support, you'll be lucky to have space for it, and there's still sacrificing monsters for a 10-Star (5-Star with Psycho City) Ritual, but...well, hooray for super special awesome circumstancial win conditions, right? :)

As far as UWS/MP, though...you apparently misssed the "This card cannot be selected as a target of your Spell or Trap cards" part. That means no Equips, no Rush Recklessly, none of that.

Unleashing the Guardians
Ritual Spell

This card can be used to Ritual Summon one "Guardian Beast" Ritual Monster from your Hand or Deck. You must also offer monsters from your Field and Hand whose combined level stars are greater than or equal to the level stars of the monster you wish to Ritual Summon.

From the deck, too, huh...?

Guardian Beast - Zynthre
Rock/Ritual/Effect
4 Star/Earth
1600 Atk / 1800 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned through Ritual Summon. A monster destroyed by this card in battle and sent to the Graveyard may not use any of its card effects and may not be removed from the Graveyard for as long as this card remains on the Field. When this card is removed from the Field, select one monster on the Field and remove it from play until your next End Phase.

Um...this is just asking for Ritual Sanctuary combined with Begone, Knave! or something. Constant returning to hand = field clearing. At least the somewhat subpar ATK helps it in that respect.

Guardian Beast - Serret
Winged Beast/Ritual/Effect
4 Star/Light
1450 Atk / 1450 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned through Ritual Summon. Once per turn, you may select one monster on your opponent's Field. If the selected monster is face-down it is flipped face-up (Flip Effects are not activated), if the Def of the monster is lower than the Atk of this card, destroy it, otherwise it is returned to its original position. On the turn this effect is activated, this card may not attack. When this card is removed from the Field, destroy one monster on the Field.

(see above)

Guardian Beast - Nishien
Aqua/Ritual/Effect
4 Star/Water
1700 Atk / 800 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned through Ritual Summon. Once per turn, when this card is face-up on the Field, you may select a card at random from your opponent's Hand and look at it. If the selected card is a Spell or Trap card, set it on the Field. When this card is removed from the Field, destroy all face-down Spell and Trap cards on the Field.

Okay, now you're REALLY asking for it. S/T removal at the tip of a hat? And it would leave Begone, Knave! alone to boot.

Guardian Beast- Infernis
Pyro/Ritual/Effect
4 Star/Fire
2000 Atk / 0 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned through Ritual Summon. Once per turn, you may inflict damage to your opponent equal to 300 x the combined number of monsters on both players' Fields. On the turn this effect is activated, this card may not attack. When this card is removed from the Field, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.

I have to say, this seems a bit contradictory to Zynthre & Serret's monster removal. I would personally just use it as a beatstick and leave it at that.

Guardians' Treasure
Normal Spell

Draw three cards then reveal them to your opponent. If none of the cards is a "Guardian Beast" monster, remove all cards in your Hand from play Otherwise, remove one "Guardian Beast" monster in your Hand from play.

Um...not too bad. Pretty risky if you don't have a Guardian Beast.

Mark of the Sacrifice
Equip Spell

When offering monsters for a Ritual Summon, a monster equipped with this card is considered to have twice as many level stars as usual. When the monster equipped with his card is offered as tribute for a Ritual Summon, return this card to your Hand.

...I like it. Not sure why, but I like it.

Bleh, not as much time as I had hoped to have so it's just the low-level beasts and two quick supports this time around. xP

Well, it's still an interesting idea you've got running...

Gabri

m8
Years
Can anyone lend me a bit of imagination? I have almost nothing of it XD.
The little bit remaining was only able to think of these ones:

Medieval War General
7 Stars
EARTH/Warrior/Effect
ATK: 2500 / DEF: 2100

Effect: If you have any "Medieval Infantry", "Medieval Cavalry Soldier" or "Medieval Archer" on your side of the field, decrease [I removed a part of the effect here] your Life Points by 800 to increase their ATK by 700. This effect cannot be applied if you have an amount of Life Points lower than 1600.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Medieval Infantry
4 Stars
EARTH/Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1700 / DEF: 1000

Effect: If you have a "Medieval Archer" or "Medieval Cavalry Soldier" on your hand, you can Special Summon one of them to your side of the field. This effect cannot be applied if this monster was Special Summoned. You can only use this effect when you summon this monster.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Medieval Cavalry Soldier
4 Stars
EARTH/Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1900 / DEF: 700

Effect: If you have a "Medieval Archer" or "Medieval Infantry" on your hand, you can Special Summon one of them to your side of the field. This effect cannot be applied if this monster was Special Summoned. You can only use this effect when you summon this monster.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Medieval Archer
4 Stars
EARTH/Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1300 / DEF: 1500

Effect: If you have a "Medieval Infantry" or "Medieval Cavalry Soldier" on your hand, you can Special Summon one of them to your side of the field. This effect cannot be applied if this monster was Special Summoned. You can only use this effect when you summon this monster.

EDIT: BOLD is edited

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
War General: While I like the other three monsters, this one has two problems. First off, seven stars needs devastating effects in order to be playable due to their decrease in field presence. In addition, General also has fewer attack points then the one-tribute (and much more playable) Monarchs. (Zaborg, Thestalos, Grammarg, Mobius, and Raiza) As far as Monarch goes, they've actually got more oomph then this guy due to Mobius's ability to crunch the back row and Raiza and Zaborg's ability to eat the opposing monsters alive. An attack increaser who lowers his own attack and your life points just ain't seven-star material.

Infantry: Good effect, but can I use it any time, or only when I summon this monster? Still, a monster with great stats and a built-in situational Double Summon is nice.

Cavalry: Once again, I love these monsters. I can see a swarm deck building up around them. :3

Archer: Weak link in the chain because of the lower attack points. I'd say bump it up to fifteen hundred-still searchable by recruiters like Sangan, yet strong enough to trump weaker monsters.

Guardian Beasts: Am I the only one who's noticed that the text on these monsters doesn't rule out normal summoning? Unless there's an implied normal-summon verboten with Ritual monsters, that means you can just plunk them right down on the field, screw the rules we have cards! As for the monsters themselves, I think Icha did a pretty thorough analysis already.

New P-Heroes: I'll wait until AE comments before forming any concrete opinions, but I will say this: Psycho City+Torari or alone and Lord Syarote are major broken in combo. Please say that one's a nomi.

Gabri

m8
Years
@ ACC-M: No, you can only use that effect when you summon it. I forgot to add that part to their effect XD... I'll edit that post.

Well, two new cards by me:

Elemental Fusion
Normal Magic Card

Offer one FIRE, one WATER and one WIND monster as tributes to Special Summon one "Elemental Warrior" from your Hand, Deck or Graveyard to your side of the field.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elemental Warrior
6 Stars
LIGHT/Warrior/Effect
ATK: 2250 / DEF: 1700

Effect: This monster can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Elemental Fusion". This monster cannot be attacked by any WATER, FIRE or WIND monsters.

My own rating: Elemental Warrior can be Normal Summoned, don't worry. But it has an effect like Five-Headed Dragon... But not that devastating, and not THAT powerful, I think...

And looks like when I have almost no imagination is when I do better cards XD...

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
E-Fusion: Problem is that the monster isn't strong enough to justify a minus three in card advantage, not to mention the problem of giving three-element deck some sort of synergy.

E-Warrior: No, not my cup of tea. Why? First off, still fewer attack then Monarch, but has no effect to back himself up. I mean, fire, water, and wind won't protect him from destruction by card effects, and he's left wide open to the attacks of quite a few monsters. I'd say that instead of attack negation, up his attack to 2300 or 2400 and have him negate the effects of wind, water, and light monsters other then himself. (Yes, light, fairly sure Zaborg is light.) Not only does this basically shut down the three most used Monarchs, but it also prevents the opponent form dropping Cyber Dragon. (I think)

White Fang
Monster/Light/Beast/Effect/4*
Atk 1500/ Def 0000
When this monster is destroyed as a result of battle, reveal the top card of your deck. If it is a beast-type monster, special summon it to the field.

Sephiroth 2346

Formerly Sammyboy2346.
Years
King of Stink
Monster
12/Wind/Beast)
While King of Stink is on the field, every time either you or your opponent farts, the other player loses 8000 life points.
10000/10000
Ultra mega super-dooper freaking rare!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Server Down
Quick Play Spell

Destroy all your mood to look at old posts and rate old cards. All players must sit in boredom for a week before the next turn.

that says it all >>;

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
I'll wait until AE comments before forming any concrete opinions, but I will say this: Psycho City+Torari or alone and Lord Syarote are major broken in combo.

Pfft...you're just saying that so you can go "What AE said" later, you lazy person. xD And no, Ritual monsters can't be normal summoned or set; that's an innate ruling of the card type, you ignorant child you. *Swats ACC with a rulebook*

As for the alleged synergy between the guardians and Begone, Knave!...actually, that's a load of nonsense. When building a knave deck you are basically interested in four types of monster cards: 1. Cards that do stuff when you summon them, 2. Cards that only get to do their trick once after being summoned, 3. Cards with higher-than-usual stats that suffer penalties if they stay on the field 4. Vulnerable cards with battle damage effects. The Guardians don't fit the bill. With Serret you'd first have to find something with an Atk of 1400 or lower (In attack position, might I add) to bounce it away and trigger the destruction, and using the destruction trigger effect would leave you with a monster on your field, which goes against the knave principle (The whole point of Begone,Knave! is that you have an empty field all the time, turning Smashing Ground, Brain Control, Soul Exchange, Cyber Dragon, recruiters etc. into dead cards for your opponent). Nishien would royally suck as S/T removal for this type of deck. I mean think about it: what face-down worth destroying would let a 4-star 1700 Atk monster deal battle damage before it's activated? Common sense, please, common sense. Breaker is already a far superior choice in S/T removal for knave decks (Seriously, the constant bouncing (and thus infinite supply of on-summon spell counters) really puts the 'Break' into 'Breaker' o.o) and Zynthre only removes the monster for one turn so it's not a permanent fix. Ironically, the only one you didn't mention in conjunction with knave seems to be the one with the most potential to abuse it: Infernis. A direct attack with knave out results in a clean 3000 damage (2000 battle, 1000 burn(, putting you ahead in the LP race, while the 2000 Atk makes it a formidable beatstick in its own right. Seriously, though, with knave decks you don't want something that will require you to ditch a card with each summon ("you must still offer monsters from your hand or field...").

As for the jar argument. The difference here is that Morphing Jar #2 in a Magical Explosion deck also runs the risk of dumping its own win condition in the process and burn strategies can be countered. Now don't get me wrong: my first semi-coherent deck was a Morphing Jar#2 flip-fest; I know it's powerful, especially when the flipped jar sets a bunch of Koalas and/or Stealth Birds as well as another jar which you can flip next turn to exchange the flips again, but it's also far more vulnerable to countering than Exodia (Des Wombat, anyone?). Point taken about the harmfulness, although in all honesty both jars can, depending on the situation, eat through the better part of most decks. It's all in the luck of the draw. Like that one time when my opponent's Morphing Jar #2 sent one monster into my deck and then proceeded to discard - I kid you not - Heavy Storm, Graceful Charity, Shrink, a couple of minor traps (I think it was Bottomless Trap Hole and something), and Mirror Force before finding its way to the only tribute monster in my entire deck; a solitary Airknight Parshath. Yeah, that sucked. My opponent, on the other hand, shuffled in three cards and only ended up discarding a copy of Owner's Seal. <.<

Aaaanyway, on the psycho heroes *Deep breath*:

Kysarani: Freakin' brutal. o.o Combine this with an Atk booster of some sort and you could easily find yourself chipping of the better part of your opponent's life points in one fell swoop. Oh well, at least the ritual requires crappy monsters.

Farakar: Sort of makes me wish I knew what level those damn e-heroes were. Is Wildedge in that category or was that an 8-star? o.O Well, at least we aren't pulling shining flare out so it seems okay.

Surate: Yay for ritual substitutes.

Korraga: The first effect is sort of hard to utilize since you still need those normal e-heroes to get this one out in the first place. Still, it's a burning beatstick in its own right, so why not?

Psycho Signal: Ritual pulls out ritual, eh? Interesting, although this calls for quite a bit of ritual monsters in your deck to pay off.

Psycho Dash: So I hear you like Senet effects? Wouldn't use this myself since psycho heroes are already hurting for deckspace as it is. No need for an additional dead draw that may or may not turn out to be useful.

Psycho Cut: I think I'll stick to effects that power up those subpar Atk stat instead, thanks. Though I must admit that this combined with Kysarani or Korraga is a pretty tempting prospect.

Psycho City: Aaaand psycho heroes just took the next step in the power up direction. I've got to ask, though: does this make Ourouse a zero-star? Pretty wild.

Kuraku: Yes, Frostweaver, we do hate Terraforming. ;3

Hartori: Another much-needed Atk boost, though in all honesty I have a hard time figuring out how you're going to fit these, normal e-heroes, and ritual psychos into the deck without completely clogging it up.

Urnar: Ouch...just ouch. x.x Maybe restrict that burn to ritual-based heroes?

An Ominous Whirlwind: So basically it's a trumped-up Typhoon? A bit situational, but it can be a pretty devastating set.

Psycho Cross: Yay for replenishing, though this doesn't solve the problem of how to consistently play the darn things so you can recover them.

Dark Plot Twist: So now big psychos can be offered for small ones, eh? Considering that Korraga has now become a viable tribute for Surate I'd say that this just about renders A Hero's Unexpected Fate obsolete.

Torari: Another easing on the tributes, though how to make a consistent system of them is still anyone's guess.

Psycho Refill: Compensation is cool and all, but where the heck are we going to find the room to stick this one in? x.x

Psycho Lord - Syarote: So yeah...just screw most of the other psychos and focus on getting this and Ichaste out so you will dominate the rest of the game? Need I say that this is pretty breaktacular? xD

Whew, on to the next ones then:

Ganondora: Yeah, basically a weaker Demise.

Phyrandorras: Yeah, the current environment is sort of not very conductive for this card.
We already have Nobleman and Shield Crash to deal with flip effects and most face-downs will just chain to this.

Carnax: It's not worth bothering with that troublesome five-star requirement. One lower and the Channeler would weep with joy over this, though. Although in all honesty, we already have Dragon's Rage to provide the piercing damage. :3

Harogigas: Yes, evil indeed, though personally I think that Shrink is the best way to dispose of this since the card effect isn't doing the removing in that instance. Either that or tribute it with Brain Control or Soul Exchange. It's still a good card, though.

Ritual Slash: Yeah...sort of pointless as it is. Maybe make it continuous? As it, I think that only Icha's psycho heroes with their crazy tribute requirements are able to really exploit this.

Reviver of D.: Yes, with this wording it's clear that the effect must be triggered right at the moment when the dragon goes to your graveyard. Don't really see anything wrong with that.

Ritual Burial Grounds: I think I'll stick with my own field since tribute material is a lot easier to draw into at random than specific ritual spells. ;3

Summoner of Dark Dragon: Indeed, this is pretty hefty. Maybe put a level limit on that dragon it can summon? Mystic Tomato pulling out something that becomes Harogigas is prety wild.

King of the Blackland: Going to have to concur with Icha here. This one pretty much turns Harogigas into a god. O=

Ritual Engine: You copycat, you! >O

Medieval War General: Fair enough, though I don't really see a need for that last provision.

Medieval Infantry: Meh, if you only want it to be usable on summon the just change the effect to "When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, you may Special Summon 1 "Medieval Cavalry Soldier" or "Medieval Archer" from your Hand". As it is, this would let you summon any number of those monsters as long as you normal summoned this one. Mhhmmm...additional Marauding Captain for a very specific monster line. Not bad at all.

Medieval Cavalry Soldier: See above for how to word that effect. So this is a monster line characteristic? Pretty brutal, though I think a lower Atk is called for here. Optionally, you could balance it out by adding Spear Dragon's effect (Making it a piercing attacker that is forced into defense after each attack) in there. Basically, this could use something to make it more than just a stronger version of infantry.

Medieval Archer: Again, see above. And again, this could use an additional effect of its own to distinguish it from its two comrades.

Overall, those four are a promising set and play well with the warrior theme of rushing, but like I said: give the three their own specific effects (in addition to the summoning) to give them more distinct roles in the set.

Elemental Warrior: Yeah, not worth the bother. How about you make it similar to the other elemental monsters? That is, make it so it gains effects when the right attributes are on the field. (I.e. one effect if there's a wind monster on the field, another if there is a fire monster on the field, and a third if there's a water monster on the field) Sort of like Element dragon. :3 With that summoning cost I'd expect more compensation.

White Fang: Ehh...fair enough, I suppose.

Aaaand I'm not even dignifying the king of stink with a review. So moving on...

Flame of the Netherworld
Continuous Trap

This card can only be activated during your opponent's Draw Phase. While this card is face-up on the Field, both players draw two cards instead of one during their Draw Phases. During each Standby Phase, the turn player selects one card from his/her hand and removes it from play.

Is this a set in the making or just a random loose card? Place your bets now. xD

Last edited:

Gabri

m8
Years
Flame of the Netherworld: Good one, I think. That'll be handy if you have Slifer the Sky Dragon (or any other monsters with a similar effect) on your side of the field... Alter Ego, what a loooooong post XD

Three new ones, one of them is related to something that happened not long ago.

PC Crash
Normal Magic Card

Wait impatiently for five days so the problem is resolved.
(That's what happened to me)
Blaze Dynamite
4 Stars
FIRE/Pyro/Effect
ATK: 350 / DEF: 1800

FLIP: Destroy all cards on the field. Inflict Direct Damage to both players equal to half of total cards destroyed x500.
Wrestling Beetle
5 Stars
EARTH/Insect/Effect
ATK: 2000 / DEF: 1550

Effect: Each time this monster destroys a Warrior-type monster, this monster's ATK increases by 600.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Yes Alter Ego, I did say that. Deal with it. XD

KotBlackland: Yes, but here's the trick: Keeping Blackland on the field. I purposefully made him Gemini and dropped his attack lower then Monarch. But, point taken, maybe I should drop him to twenty-one-hundred to make him Cyber Dragon suicidable?

Summoner of Dark Dragon: Whoops, meant to give him sixteen hundred in both stats to make him unrecruitable for that reason. Anyway, slapping a level limit makes him too uncool, since as everyone has already told me, Harogigas is by far the best Dark Dragon. If I slap a level limit on him, I'll have to edit everbody else to make them cooler... AND ICHA STOLE ALL THE COOL RITUAL EFFECTS FOR HIS PSYCHO HEROES, CURSE HIM!

Speaking of them heroes, I may as well say something AE hasn't already said yet. Yes, I'm actually trying to form my own opinions for once! WHOOOOT!

City+Kuraku: Technically it makes Ourose a five-star thanks to his effect text. Anyway, Kuraku is the Captain Gold for P-Hero, and City makes playing it a lot easier, but unfortunately you now have even less space for nice little cards to stick on the back row. By the way, I just remembered: Bloo-D's effect lets him take the effect of whatever he grabs, right? If your opponent dropped him while Ourose happened to be on the field... Urgh, that would just be devastating. Yowchers.

P-Hero Set as a whole since I'm FREAKING LATE FOR DINNER AND DON'T HAVE THIS KIND OF TIME: Alright, so basically P-Hero works like this: Fill your deck with lots of Psycho Heroes and support spells to make them playable, toss in enough E-Heroes that you won't need to worry about getting a bunch of dead draw P-Heroes, and pray that you'll get the right combo so you can toss down a devastating monster and hope that it doesn't get Monarched or removed by some other destruction/removal effect? Am I right yet? I can see the major problem with this is lack of Freakin' deckspace now that I look over it. It's a case of too many supports, not enough deckspace, same as Crystal Beast. (Seriously, it may just be my own lack of talent/sucky draw ability but every time I play using a Crystal Beast deck with the optimum suggested build in a duel, I end up with a whole ton of dead draws. Too many supports, not enough beast to play them with. 0_o)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
(Crystal Beasts are successful like that. They are the first YGO deck that actually maintains itself by not using staples, or hardly any of. It's crystal beasts monsters + the breaker and maybe marshy, then crystal support cards to your left and right. Sometimes there's safety cat but still relatively little monsters outside of Crystal Beasts. That's also the reason why it's hard to use... because we're used to half the deck having the same staples.)

Blaze Dynamite- Grand Convergence without restriction. Let's just say it's instant banned.

Wrestling Beetle- again, card effects that only increases atk power by a bit is not going to be used at all...

P-Heroes are extreme versions of any rituals. Rituals by itself have problems in deckspace as it is. P-Heroes needing multiple P-Heroes require even more deck space, and even need the freakin' Elemental Heroes too. Some of the newer P-Heroes can be normal summoned, which helps I guess... but not by too much. This is where you want card destruction cause your opening hand is absolutely everything to you >_>;

Back