• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

you were born this way, baby

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • I needed a title idea ok.

Anyway, what I want to ask OVP itt is this: Do you try to change things about yourself which you don't like, or do you accept them and move on with life? Why?

Fire away.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • Yes, of course. If we're unhappy with something about us why shouldn't we change it?

Then theres general cosmetic surgery, thats up to us if we have it or not, if you dont like it then why not change it? You can.

And finally, personality, it's like. If you're shy, but you dont like that, then you can try to be confident. I personally am shy in new situations but I'm going to try and be more confident, because I dont like being shy.

So all in all I think that if you're unhappy with yourself and are able to change it, do it, dont live your life not liking it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • A couple of years ago, I used to try and failed every single time, by now I learned my lesson. I'm not that unhappy with myself anyway, most of the time it's others...

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Well, I used to be a spoiled brat, who swore, ate nothing but junkfood, failed every class, didn't care about others, and had absolutely no self esteem whatsoever.

Now I'm the exact opposite of all of those things. Transformation successful!

Being able to change myself like that is something that I'm truly grateful for. I don't know any other people who can actually do that.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Depends on the characteristic. If it's something that I feel is so ingrained in me and that it defines the essence of my personality, then I probably wouldn't change it (e.g. me talking quite fast; people don't like it but I'm probably not going to change it). Things that are slightly more skin deep/surface level, and haven't developed fully, on the other hand, I probably would change if I could (e.g. certain bits of vocabulary).

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I think everybody has things about themselves they'd like to change. Physically, I'd change anything I wanted to (and I have done previously), but mentally I wouldn't change anything. I like who I am, changing it would just be wasted effort.

Years
  • Not trying to change is a great way to stagnate in a life I don't like as a person I don't like. I accept that I can't be perfect and my ability as a human being to change is limited, but I've been learning to take more responsibility for who I am.

I slacked off enough and let myself be enough of an arse in my teen years to have gotten sick of just being whatever I turn out to be based on random, unseen, or external influences. If I'm going to fail, or be disliked, or anything, I want it to be because of my own decisions and actions, not my lack of them.

Renii

Se(Renii)ty
    Years
  • I'd change anything about myself that I don't like. Or at least try to.
    I have a mild OCD and a bit of perfectionism... But I don't think I'd never want to change that. And homosexuality, but that is something I like again, and would never change that about myself.

I'm shy, and don't like to express myself. I'm socially awkward in a sense. That is something I'd like to change.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I try my best to not be as shy as I am, but it never ends up right.
    Although, I really can't be bothered to change who I am most of the time because it's my personality that defines who I am.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Do you try to change things about yourself which you don't like, or do you accept them and move on with life?

Sadly I do. Basically, nobody except for close family and friends, know how I act as myself. It's pretty sad, but that's how I live.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Yes, I try to change myself for the better. If there's something I don't like about me, then I can't just sit back, I have to do something about it.

Of course, if it's something that someone else thinks is a problem but I don't see it as such, then I'm not so quick to make that change.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Yeah I feel like I'm constantly undergoing change and striving to better myself. I want to be a better and less selfish person than I am right now. I also want to be a bit more sociable, more independent and more adventurous. As in, I am quite adventurous, but I tend to miss out on life's adventures if I don't have someone else with me. I don't know why, it just seems that I don't meet the right people or find the right things to do and other people I go out with seem a lot better at that than me. But when they do find something and I happen to be with them I'm up for some fun or whatever it is we're going to do.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I did try to change the bad things my ex used to tell me I did but then I realised I wasn't bad at all but made paraniod by her and she made me become the bad person I was by being how she was.

So no matter what people say don't listen to them because the way you are is normally perfect but people will always want to change you to be how they want.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Do you try to change things about yourself which you don't like, or do you accept them and move on with life? Why?
    If I get a pimple then I try my best to kill the pimple and I always change my hair color so, I'm guessing I do not move on with life

:t354:TG

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • I wish I was more gorgeous.
    Oh wait, I already am jk

I wish I could alter my personality a little bit; I wish I wasn't so emotional and stuff all the time.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    tbh, I try to change myself, but really? It never works out, the most I can do is change little things about myself but as a whole, as much as I hate it, I'll always be the same person at heart.

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
    Years
  • I try very hard to accept them, unless they are attitude problems that make communication or coping more difficult.

Years
  • To tell the truth, the only I managed to change with myself is probably my intake on life. Other than that, I can't really control what I see/do/feel. I try to accept my shortcomings, but y'know it's not really working out.

Back