• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite band

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    My top ten bands are as follows:

10. HellYeah
    After Pantera broke up and Dimebag was murdered, HellYeah formed with Vinnie Paul as it's founder. I was impressed. Vinnie still has it in him, and even though they only have one album out right now, I am expecting one soon.
    Favorite HellYeah songs:
    5. Alcohaulin' *ss
    4. One Thing
    3. You WOuldn't Know
    2. THank You
    1. HellYeah
    9. SYSTEM OF A DOWN
    System's themes are amazing. THey have influenced me in some song writing...but their singer needs to take lesons...
    Favorite SOAD Songs:
    5. Chop Suey
    4. Lonely Day
    3. B.Y.O.B.
    2. Soldier Side
    1. Aerials

8. SLAYER
    For a metal-head like me, it's not common for me to have SLayer so low in the list. Slayer's stuff music wise is incredible! The Album Reign in Blood is one of the heaviest albums of all time! But the theme they display is a bit disturbing. I am CHristian and not always into thee Satanic worship stuff. Dave Lombardo's drumming however...another big influence to me.
    Favorite Slayer Songs:
    5. Mandatory Suicide
    4. South of Heaven
    3. Criminally Insane
    2. Raining Blood
    1. Angel of Death
    7. IRON MAIDEN
    Among my most respected Metal Bands is the legendary Iron Maiden. THe vocalist is to me the best vocalist alive. I enjoy the riffs of the album Dance of Death, and don't get me started in Number of the Beast. Awesome stuff right there.
    Favorite Iron Maiden Songs:
    5. Hallowed Be Thy Name
    4. Remember Tomorrow
    3. No More Lies
    2. Dance of Death
    1. Number of the Beast

6. LED ZEPPELIN
    The god-father to Metal is one of my most respected bands. The classic rock they have used new elements of rock in their music that influenced the great bands of the 80's. The guitarist Jimmy Page is legend in his solos, RObert Plant is considered one of the best vocalists alive, and the Drummer John Bonham is probably my biggest influence in drumming.
    Favorite Led Zeppelin SOngs:
    5. Moby Dick
    4. Stairway to Heaven
    3. Rock 'N Roll
    2. When the Levee Breaks
    1. Kashmir

5. DETHKLOK
    One of the major sparks that fueled my love for Metal today was a television show called Metalocalypse. It starred a band called Dethklok. THe show made me laugh and rock out to the awesome songs this black metal band made. Even though they are considered fictional, well, they still produce albums and tour. They are awesome!
    Favorite Dethklok SOngs:
    5. Blood Ocean
    4. Branding of the Gear (not on album yet)
    3. Awaken
    2. Thunderhorse
    1. Hatredcopter

4. THE MOODY BLUES
    This was my very first favorite band. An old classic rock band from Britian, their album "Days of Future TIme Passed" stuck me in love with ROck N Roll. Other bands during my young age to do the same were the Eagles, and the Grateful Dead. And though I hold both those bands close to my heart today, the Moody Blues is the one that gave me my love for ROck today.
    Favorite Moody Blues Songs:
    5. In Your Wildest Dreams
    4. The Other Side of Life
    3. Nights in White Satin
    2. Question
    1. I'm Just a Singer (In a Rock 'N Roll Band)

3. MEGADETH
    Metallica's original guitarist, Dave Mustaine found his golden age with this band. His vocals are nothing short of amazing, and Metallica probably should have kept him, even though they have done masterful things with Hammett as Mustaine's replacement. Mustaine hired in some awesome players that rivaled Metallica and fueled classic fueds between the two bands for years. Thankfully the fueds have calmed themselves over the years.
    Favorite Megadeth Songs:
    5. Rust in Peace...Polaris
    4. Symphony of Destruction
    3. Peace Sells
    2. Countdown to Extinction
    1. Hangar 18

2. PANTERA
    Pantera wasn't introduced to me until I found a burnt CD on the street with a few Pantera hits. After I heard those, I looked them up and was impressed. Pantera's guitarist to me is the best guitarist of all time. In the album, THe Great SOuthern Trendkill, he displays solos of legend. THe drummer, Vinnie Paul is one of my biggest drum influences today.
    Favorite Pantera Songs:
    5. This Love
    4. Cowboys From Hell
    3. Walk
    2. Cemetery Gates
    1. Floods
    1. METALLICA
    Those who know me, know of my deep love and passion for Metallica. Three things saved my life I say: Jesus, Marching Band, and Metallica. Metallica is the band that was the first of many sparks to ignite my love for Metal in general. I love EVERY album they have made, and yes, that mean s St. Anger. St. Anger is probably their most respected album by me, not my favorite but respected. Metallica's themes and styles influenced EVERY band in rock/metal today. That point in not debatable. Albums like ...And Justice for All and Ride the Lightning are some of the best albums ever made...and don't get me started on MAster of Puppets...the heaviest album of ALL TIME...PERIOD.
    Favorite Metallica songs:
    5. Some Kind of Monster
    4. Dyers Eve
    3. One
    2. Hero of the Day
    1. Fade to Black

Megaera

stop calling me d:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    My favorite bands:
    Paramore
    Evanscence
    Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
    Fall out boy
    My Chemical Romance
    Linkin Park

Mizukin

Rly?!
    Years
    Moonspell from Portugal. :D

I like Rammstein, Slipknot, Metallica, Machine Head, ACDC, Guns N' Roses, U2, DragonForce and System of a Down too.

Last edited:

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    The Killers,
    I first got into them when they went on Jools Holland, and then saw how good they were, so now i'm a big fan of them :D

Years
    I have quite a few...

Disturbed
    System of a Down
    Ozzy
    Dragonforce
    Iron Maiden
    Kiss(Hometown band, what to expect?)

I have lots more, but I have to remember them first.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    Currently; Green Day and Bowling For Soup. I love Green Day's new album so much, and Bowling For Soup has always been up there with my favourite bands.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back