• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite game and one thing you don't like about it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    They wouldn't be my favourites if I thought they had faults :p

Uhhh... I try to think of some things I don't like, but they won't be major.

Banjo-Kazooie
    This was the best of the four major 3D N64 platformers. Hands down. A huge improvement over Super Mario 64. Didn't go overboard on collecting stuff like Donkey Kong 64 did. And doesn't have obnoxiously large (and boring. Terrydactyland is a horrible, horrible level) levels like Banjo-Tooie did. Perfect balance. What it lacked however, were more true boss fights. There was Nipper, Boss Boom Box, and Gruntilda - but otherwise boss battles were challenges or an attack by a group of regular enemies.

Yoshi's Island
    Banjo-Kazooie is the best 3D platformer and Yoshi's Island is the best 2D platformer. Yoshi's transformations were underused. Or maybe they could've added a few different ones. And Baby Mario's cry is really, really annoying.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    The only flaw is that stuff was cut out. And Hey! Look! Listen! Hello!? Watch Out!

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Too short. @___@ Had the potential to surpass OoT in every way. If OoT was only four dungeons, this game would be better.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
    I didn't like Eagle's Tower. That dang orb is too easy to lose. And needed more Link and Marin. XD

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Again, too short. :c

Super Mario Bros.
    I think it was World 8-3. I hate you Hammer Bros.! You've caused me much frustration.

Super Mario World
    The graphics. I like the backgrounds. They captured the Mario feel and have been the inspiration for Sunshine and Double Dash!!. But, for the characters, creatures, and enemies...they could've used a bit more work. They looked better in the Mario All-Stars ports. I also don't like that there were so few power ups compared to SMB3. Unfortunately, we haven't seen the return of those power ups since, or had a Mario game with that many again. :c

GoldenEye 007
    A couple of times when I played it and say...a timer was supposed to go off or some kind of event was supposed to happen and nothing happened. XD Happened often actually. Sucked because then I had to reset and try again when I did nothing wrong.

Metroid Prime
    Magmoor Caverns should've been more fleshed out. I like the stacked weapons from Prime 3 better.

I think that's all of my favourites. Anything I would give a 10/10 anyway. And those are the only flaws I can think of.

And, you must really like Brawl, Erica. :p You have it listed twice. ... Donkey Kong 64 is one of your favourite games but you couldn't finish Banjo-Kazooie!? That's a crime.

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    Fire Emblem VII: The Blazing Sword
    Damn thing is epically long. Over 80 chapters if you go through all the stories.

Fire Emblem X: Radiant Dawn
    The huge difficulty jumps like .fate stated.

The World Ends With You
    Too short... I'm completely serious. Some people like the length... I don't. :P

Makai Kingdom
    Damn... hard to find one... it wasn't as long as Disgaea? I dunno.. there really isn't much to not like about it.

Yggdra Union
    The battle system could have been more extensive.

Okami
    It has a pretty steep learning curve for new players on combat.

Spore
    Apparently... creature parts count towards the total amount of clothing/armor you can put on your creatures as well. So yeah. You can have a cool looking creature either naturally or from their clothing, but not both ways. ;.;

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I was about to say 'they're all RPGs', but then I remembered where I was.

Well, my favorite game...

Xenosaga
    All three of them, of course, since it's kind of hard to have just 1 that's a favorite.

Really, Xenosaga needs no introduction. A trilogy of games made by Monolith. It's the pinnacle of PS2 RPGs (well, RPGs in general), taking the cliche 'save the world' theme, throwing it out the window along with most other cliches, and becoming something wholly original. In the end, you've got a labrynthine plot that at times, is rather confusing and twisted (you often don't know who the enemy really is), and at other times will bring a tear to your eye (come on, I know everyone shed a few during the Allen/Red Testament scene).

And since this is Xenosaga we're talking about, I think it only appropriate that I don't tell you what it's about. But rather, I should show you. By showing you a nifty little trailer of the overall series that a dedicated fan put together. I think it does the series justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyUFPNTUevs&feature=related

Do I really need to say more? If you haven't played them, go play them.

And, because I have to, in order to fulfil the topic requirement. One thing I didn't like was in Episode II, battles had an abusively long load time (upwards of 15 seconds in some fights). Yes, the series does have flaws. Most of them didn't bother me, but this one was very hard to overlook.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Uprising: Join or Die — Could just do with some AI tweaks (for infantry, tanks and AAVs). It's a pretty solid game otherwise.

Last edited:
    Years
    Well, I don't have that many games to comment on, but my favorite so far is Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. They just make me want to play them over and over again.

What I don't like about them is I wish they could be longer.
    Maybe a longer plot and missions and stuff.

Last edited:

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
    Metroid Prime 1
    Since it's an FPS, you're looking out out of her visor. It can be troublesome to see where you're going when you're in a tight spot.

Super Smash Bros. Melee
    Can't use the C-Stick in 1-Player mode.

Years
    Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. just cause of lugia.

one thing I don't like about it: not much to do compared to the pokemon rpgs.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    TWEWY: Still not used to the battling system.

Fiesta (MMORPG): Leveling is starting to become REALLY annoying and time consuming.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Half-Life: I hate how the boxes are so hard to handle.
    Clannad: People think it's an eroge.
    Neverwinter Nights: The darn interface could be improved.

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
    my favorite game is psychonauts...but it could be improved in the graphics (and frame rate) area. i mean, the story is one of the most original out there, but just that annoys me a little

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    Now come to think of it, I don't have a favourite. I play too much games. I'll just write:
    DRAGON BALL Z SHIN BUDOKAI 2
    Some of the field plays are TOO MUCH difficult, even though I ended the game in 2 days. I hate fighting brolly and those SUPER BUUs.

Years
    My favorite games are Grand Theft Auto related.

I am STILL waiting for one where the central playable character is female. Honestly, feminine wit when in response to those employer jerks could be better than them boys from the previous. A GTA with a woman would be kind of like those movies where girl-gets-abused-and-fights-back. Cars, guns, and gang warfare. From her perspective.

Now where is that smiley for yum...

Years
    Definately a tie betwen Harvest Moon titles MFOMT and DS Cute.

Hm... the thing I don't like... that's a tough one. I guess for MFOMT it would have to be your child is stuck being a toddler for all eturnity.

For DS CUTE I would have to say the fact that it's really easy to get lots of gold. Yet at the same time I like it, too lol. I'm torn.

Years
    Tales of Eternia: The game's epilogue could have been more complete. In particular, I would have liked to see Keele and Meredy appear in it. Anyone who has completed the game knows that they were both in Celestia during the epilogue, but what were they doing there and how were they doing? More importantly, did they become a couple? After all, Keele practically confessed to Meredy after the party defeated Shizel and Nereid.

Tales of the Abyss: The loading times. I also hate how Natalia deteriorated as a character after she and Asch were re-united. I liked her in the beginning of the game, since she was a tough and strong willed young woman with a no nonsense attitude. However, upon being re-united with Asch, she became a dopey fangirl with a difficult time controlling her emotions. She did have a few moments of strength after she and Asch were re-united, but those were few and far between. Most of the time, she was an annoying burden. Furthermore, I would have liked to see a flashback of Asch and Natalia as children. It would give players more insight as to how they fell for one another (this was never explained in the game).

Silent Hill 2: I would have liked Eddie's and Angela's characters to be elaborated on more. They get a lot of hate within the Silent Hill fandom because many people fail to understand them. If they had been given more screen time and some flashbacks, they definitely would have had more fans, since more people would have been able to comprehend their situations and feel empathetic toward them.

Silent Hill 3: I would have liked for Claudia to have a few flashbacks (in particular, one of her getting abused by Leonard, one of her interacting with Alessa, and one of her being brain-washed by Dahlia). Like Eddie and Angela from Silent Hill 2, she is a great character, but many people within the Silent Hill fandom dislike her due to the fact that they cannot understand her.

The House of the Dead 2: Its voice acting.

Parasite Eve: Its absence of voices.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    CoD4: Teamkillers.

Halo 3: The lag that I get sometimes, really annoying when I'm playing Team SWAT.

Rock Band 1/2: Coming from playing the Guitar Hero series the Hammer Ons are a lot harder to hit than I'm used to.

Years
    my fav game is runescape but what I hate about it is that you have to be a member to wear dragon (so im a member on my main NOT MATT123337) pm me if you want a stat hack in it

Back