• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite Japanese food?

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
Years
  • I love Somen (favourite) and Udon for mains. I ate a lot of and loved Tempura prawn (especially my grandmother's) because the region my family is from have adopted that as their staple.

For snacks I love Shiratama, Omochi and Azuki (combine them for Oshiruko, yum). And any type of Dango. And Ichigo Daifuku. And Taikyaki. And Green Tea Soft-serve cones.

Of course you have to try the Japanese sushi trains (raw salmon/tuna nigiri= holy food). If you're going to Osaka try the Takoyaki and the Okonomiyaki. Not only that, but they have all sorts of unique flavoured lollies too.

Try anything and everything! Each region in Japan has their own flavour!

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Pocky

Can't say I've tried very much in the way of actual Japanese food, now I think about it. I tried sushi when I was about ten, and didn't like it much. I think I would if I tried it again, though, yet I've never had the stones to try, for some reason.

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
  • Let me just add- Japanese curry is awesome.

It's not as spicy as Indian curry, nor as thick, but it has a sorta sweet yet savoury taste. With katsu cutlets it gets even better.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • never every posted in J-E before

I like sushi the best, I don't see what other Japanese food could be nicer ;)

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • Definitely sushi and sashimi. You have to try that stuff, it's delicious! :]

Couldn't agree more. =) I LOVE raw fish!

I've also eaten some sort of food in a bowl

Japan has lots of food like that. What was inside it?

Ramen is delicious as well.

Ramen is my ABSOLUTE favourite... though technically, it's of Chinese origin. I love Teriyaki sauce- it's best with chicken, imo. Teriyaki eel is quite nice too...

Oh, and how could I forget Tempura! Fried prawns FTW

Moon Light

Sky Princess
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2011
    Sushi
    - I would like the Sushi with the shrimp, and it's delicious!
    Noodles
    - I really like noodles, any kind of flavor :)

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • my mum whos jap always cooks jap food. you won't need to worry about unhealthy quilavaking, japan has the longest life expectancy for a reason.
    and i don't see where your looking when you saying you don't like your food to be mixed together so much, most japanese dishes aren't based around mixing. their mostly set apart, eg norimaki sushi which has seaweed on the outside, rice inside, and some sort of meat in side that. nigiri is even more simple, just rice with a bit of fish on top.
    traditional japanese meals consists of a bowl of rice, miso soup and a side dish. the side dish is usually a meat dish which can be stirfry, sashimi (raw fish), fried fish, etc etc. one amazing thing about food in japan is the cost. almost everything (other than fruits) is ridiculously cheap. but if your even more of a cheap ass like me then you can manage with bento boxes from convenient stores. they usually are like a traditional meal (minus miso soup obviously) and have seperate compartments for each bit of food.
    trust me, you will enjoy the food in japan.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 4, 2017
    I can't remember the name, but theres these japanese sweets with edible wrappers...
    Strawberries~....

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years
  • As cliche as this sounds, my favorites are sushi, udon, and onigiri. I like just about anything with seaweed in it too like miso soup.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • My Japanese step aunt gave me some tofu in Hawaii and it was the best thing I've ever tasted! Apparently you can actually order tofu in Hawaii in the local restaurants and it comes in a white box with red letters. I don't know if chopsticks were included though, my aunt has her own.

So, tofu would be my favorite Japanese food.

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
    Years
  • I like tempura... But lately, I've been glomping a lot of takoyaki~
    At first I was ok with the taste, but now that I'm used to it, I keep eating them for lunch ^^"

Back