• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite Starters

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2015
Kanto: Squirtle
Johto: Totodile
Hoenn: Torchic
Sinnoh: Turtwig

I had a mix. But it seemed in earlier gens I liked water Pocket Monsters ^^
Torchic and Turtwig own though 8D

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
#1 - Turtwig - The Ownage Turtle.
#2 - Treecko - The most badass starter without a doubt. (though not the best moveset >.<)
#3 - Chikorita - The most difficult challenge that isn't Charmander, but who gave a damn when you got CHAAARRRRIIIIZZAAARRRDDDD >.>
#4 - Chimchar - I have a strong dislike for the fire starters, but dammit, I love playing Infernape. I just wish GF wouldn't be so incredibly mean to the people who don't pick the fire starter >.>
#5 - Totodile - Feraligatr just looks so cool.
#6 - Mudkip - So I hea-never mind.
#7 - Charmander - I like me some Bellyzard.
#8 - Cyndaquil - Meh. Middle of the road for me; looks cool but my hate for the fire starters is what keeps him low for me.
#9 - Squirtle - Average, really. Nothing's particularly bad about Blastoise, but nothing's good about it, either.
#10 - Piplup - It beats half the legendaries in usefulness in Brawl (LOOKING AT YOU MOLTRES >.>), but it sadly doesn't even do that well in its own game except in a weather team.
#11 - Bulbasaur - I have an unexplained but unseething hate towards how fugly Venusaur is.
#12 - Torchic - Blaziken and his disco pants can bite me. >.>

Being politically correct for the thread's sake:

Kanto: Charmander (Strong dislike for the Kanto starters)
Johto: Chikorita (despite the challenge of being bested by 3 of the 8 gyms, resisted by 5 of them, and beating none of them barring Chuck's Poliwrath, Meganium kicks the other starters' asses.)
Hoenn: Treecko (Sceptile is oozing, leaking, and puking badassery, point-blank)
Sinnoh: Turtwig (I just love Torterra so much. I don't want to go to extreme lengths explaining it)

Best regions for starters:

#1 - Sinnoh: Sinnoh is the only place where all the starters didn't have one ugly duckling. Piplup in the game was nothing special, but in Brawl, hoo wee, we all have to run from EPUC PIPLUPZ.
#2 - Hoenn: Hoenn gave birth to an epuc internet craze, and had one of the best starters ever made in Treecko. It would be the best had I not had an unseething hate towards Blaziken (True story: Blaziken was my first RSE starter. I feel so ashamed admitting that, even on the internet.)
#3 - Johto: Chikorita was great, but Totodile and Cyndaquil were overwhelmingly everage in terms of usefulness. They looked cool, but then again, there are plenty of Pokemon that look cool but fail horribly.
#4 - Kanto: Aside from the competitive use of Charizard, Kanto's starters are all ugly and useless IMO. They all learn great moves but are overshadowed in both image and usefulness by other starters. Charizard isn't as cool-looking OR as useful as Infernape, Venusaur isn't (NEARLY) as cool-looking as Torterra or as useful as Meganium, and Blastoise isn't as epuc as Mudkip, as cool-looking as Feraligatr or as useful as Swampert.

Last edited:

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
Years
i chose RED version that was the first pokemon game i got
and I HAD TO GET THE POKEMON ON THE BOX
so yeah charmander he gives me that nostalgic feeling i enjoy :D

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Kanto: Bulbasaur. I've always liked it for some reason. XD
Johto: Totodile. I've always found it the strongest of the three.
Hoenn: Torchic. Blaziken kicks butt. XD
Sinnoh: Piplup. Adorable, yet powerful.

Suzume

Fire Fist
Years
For some reason, I tend to choose fire-type pokemon as starters.

Kanto: Charmander (but I like them all, really)
Johto: Chikorita or Cyndaquil (I like Chikorita more, but I also really like Typhlosion, so I usually pick Cyndaquil anyway. I hate Feraligatr, so I never choose Totodile)
Hoenn: Torchic (but the others are nice too. Mudkip is really cute.)
Sinnoh: Uhh, I don't know... I don't really like any one... Piplup is cute, but it's last evolution is just terrible, so I don't want that. Propably Chimchar, because Infernape is the best-looking of these three. Though I don't like Chimchars design that much.

And the best of them all would beeee.... Torchic? It's cute, and it's a bird (I like birds) and it learns also fighting type moves.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Kanto: Charmander
Johto: Cynaquill
Hoenn: Torchic
Sinnoh: Piplup

The fire starters are the best!

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
Years
Hmm.. I think my favorite are Torchic, Chikorita and maybe Piplup too, but thats only because I like their evolutions XP

Back