• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite form of entertainment?

Your favourite form of entertainment?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Poll speaks for itself really. This is only media related, btw.

My favourite is music (as some may be able to guess). But I am also very fond of films and books, I just watch/read less often because they require my undivided attention, whereas with music I am free to do other things at the same time. Apart from that single downside, I am equally fond of music, film and books. I've grown less interested in video games as time has gone on, but I still have a few firm favourites that I'll always remember from my childhood, and I appreciate them just as much.

Years
  • Gahhhhh! Music Vs Video Games is the main contest for me.

Without music, I would be very bored and it helps me relax at times. But with video games, they are my life and I am looking to go into that industry, since I am studying Games Technology at University.

So, I would have to say Video Games.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I believe I derive entertainment from each and every form, even if only a little from each. Music steals the spotlight for me though. It's my friend when I'm in need; a foe when I need to fight. It's probably the thing I relate most to, so yeah, I have a pretty profound obsession for music. It's just a flux of emotions for me really..

I enjoy watching films and reading books as well. Anime is one of my biggest interests. Apart from anime, I enjoy watching TV sometimes; and occasional films. I haven't been able to get my hands on any books for a long while now. I plan to start picking up books again. Video games; umm yeah, they're always there. I mean, I doubt there's anyone who dislikes Video Games.
    As for other forms of entertainment, I can't really think of much right now.

Ayselipera

Hands down film. I love watching movies and over the course of a year I probably spend a good portion just doing that. I find that there's nothing like walking away from a really good movie. So I'm constantly on the look for the next movie that gives me that satisfied like I accomplished something watching it feeling. I tend to find that when I watch a movie I really get into the story and I forget everything else while I'm watching and I like being preoccupied from thinking about other things. I enjoy movies so much that becoming a director has crossed my mind more times then a few, but I guess I'm lost on where to start.

Music and books are probably both tied for number two. I love books almost just as much as movies, but I barely ever read because I'm too lazy to actually pick up one, but once I start I'm on a roll. As for music I'm always listening to something and I like a wide variety of bands and genres. I guess my problem with music is it's harder to avoid a bad song then it is a bad movie.

Although this is pretty much a video gaming website and I do have a fair amount of video games it's overall one of my least favorite forms of entertainment. They only temporarily entertain me and I bore of them pretty easily.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    I love music I usualy listen to stuff with a bit of meaning behind it. Not just this scream your face of death metal BS or that Lady Gaga rubbish.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I don't have a favorite there are some Music and Movies and Books and Video Games and Other that I like and some that I do not!

I don't see how you can say one is the best really...

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • That is a really hard decision for me, because I use all of those many times on a daily basis. I would have to say video games though, because I depend on those the most for comfort and entertainment. Movies would have to come second, books third. Preferably manga... I like comic-like things and books with pictures.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • When I was a kid it would have been video games, now a days it is Anime/Cinema. I would much rather watch movies then play games at this time. That might change when the 3DS comes out since I am saving up for it and some games on it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Video games are my number one favorite form of entertainment, followed by film and music. Back then, it was film, then music, then video games.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Music is definitely my favourite form of entertainment, with films coming in second, if it were to be a multi choice poll I'd vote for that as well. I can mainly listen to any kinds of music even it's the kind most people dislike as in mainstream pop, for hours for you info. And films would come in second as my second favourite form of entertainment, I usually prefer it over television most of the time.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • In my case, it's all four!
    I listen to music every day, can't live without it, and i'm very picky about it...
    Love watching good films, really love it! :D
    I read frequently, and when i stummble on a good book, it never leaves my hands!
    Well everyone loves video games...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Music, definitely! With films running up not too far behind. I use music as a way to keep myself relaxed and entertained. For me, music is a media that overall covers everything. It tells a story, it gives an emotional feeling, and it's entertaining in a variety of genres to suit every individual. I listen to various genres of music, so my taste is universal. It's something I can have playing all day long while still keeping myself occupied with another matter.

I love movies. When I go into a cinema and come out after watching a really good movie, it gives me this great feeling inside. It's something that takes me outside reality and into another world. Unlike music, when I'm watching a film I like to keep my mind focused on it without disruptions. I like to know what's going on without missing anything. So, it's something that definitely needs my undivided attention. While music, on the other hand, I can have playing while doing other things as earlier mentioned.

I can be picky with books though, and I admit I don't read a lot. Though, I want to pick up the habit of reading a variety of books more often. This is one media where I actually like peace and quiet, so I can focus on the story itself and lose myself in the book so long as I'm interested.

With video games, I really don't play them as often as I used to. But I blame this on not having any other system but my DSi. Hopefully, I can get a new 360 Slim this Christmas and rekindle my enjoyment for playing video games once more.

HeyMikey

White Lightning.
    Years
  • Absolutely music. It's my greatest passion in life. As for the others, books and films generally bore me as I don't pay enough attention to follow them, and I lost interest in video games a long time ago.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    There was a time I would have said music without a doubt, but as the past couple years have gone by... video games has grown high as well. Impossible for me to pick between the two now, they're pretty much must-haves in my life.

Years
  • I'm torn between music, movies and books. Each of them gives me a different kind of pleasure, but no one of them is hands down more important to me.

I like to read. Books (and writing in general) are the most fluid, unrestricted form of media. I would probably be happy still if I lived in a world without electricity if I had books to read. The only problem is that I can't always read. If I could read anywhere, anytime, at the same time as I was doing something else then books would be the best thing ever.

When I'm out, or when I can't sit down somewhere I can get absorbed in a book I like to have music with me to give my life the feeling of being in a movie with its own soundtrack. Music helps fill in those gaps in life and keeps me feeling good. Music is like bright colors and flashing lights for my ears. Music is never bad to have around.

Movies are like musical books. I get absorbed in them and they come with all that audio which tickles me ears and excites my emotions. I only wish there were more movies that appealed to me. I mean, I know they are out there, but I have to find them. That's why I only watch movies occasionally, but when I do - and it's a good movie - then I'm left with this great feeling afterward which is like the high of hearing your favorite song while reading the climax of a gripping story.

So... I'll just vote for books because that's the first thing I put down.

Years
  • I think that Video Games are my #1 form of entertainment, with books, film and music tied just a little below games (although I probably wouldn't be able to live without any one of the four choices!)

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Well, that was a hard decision. I love reading books, I love playing video games and I love music too.
    So, I chose the one I do the most. I chose video games because I get easily addicted to video games.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    I think that Video Games are my #1 form of entertainment, with books, film and music tied just a little below games

Back