• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Favourite Shiny?

Which Shiny Should I MM Next in X&Y?

• 6IV (Fast Ball) Growlithe (Egg Moves: Crunch, Double-Edge, Morning Sun, Close Combat)

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • 6IV (Dream Ball) Poochyena (Egg Moves: Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Poison Fang)

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • 5IV (Dream Ball) Buneary (Egg Moves: Circle Throw, Fake Out, Sweet Kiss, Thunder Punch)

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • 5IV (Dream Ball) Mareep (Egg Moves: Iron Tail, Flatter, Eerie Impulse, Agility)

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
With the introduction of new Pokemon in Gen VI, I'm sure some of your guys' shiny tastes have changed. I absolutely love and adore Shiny Eevee, Caterpie, Growlithe, Buneary... and Noibat! As well as Fennekin, being the same ghostly-shading as Eevee.

hqdefault.jpg

So cute <3

So have your favourite shinies changed with these new introductions, or have the new Pokemon's shiny palettes not interested you? What are your favourite shinies from Gen VI's Pokemon? What would you have changed, and why? Would you have preferred to see some colour schemes changed from previous generations i.e. changing the horrid puke green of Scizor to some silver-black-yellow badxxx combination?

Spoiler:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
I'm not into the appearance of most shinies, but Gen VI did introduce one of the few shinies I do like (even though its not a completely new Pokemon):

282-m.png

Shiny Mega Gardevoir looks great.

Also, shiny Mega Garchomp is amusing:
445-m.png

Though I wish they'd change the shiny form of regular Garchomp; it hardly looks any different.

Jasonmii

Der Kaffee geht auf mich.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 23, 2015
I love shiny Umbreon. It just looks cool to me. I also like Xerneas' shiny version, but I do not own one since it's impossible to get without cheats.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
A lot of shinies just look off to me, like I can't accept them being any color other than their original. :P Green Mewtwo, for example. Actually, quite a lot of shiny legendaries just look kinda "wrong" to me. Not that I need to worry about that since I'll never find one anyway

My all time favorite (overused response, I know) is definitely Charizard though, I just think it looks so cool. For the new XY Pokemon, I'd say I like shiny Greninja best.

And as for your poll, I voted for the Growlithe. c:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
Most of the Pokémon designs this generation were okay at best so I wasn't expecting much for shinies. When the shinies were revealed I got just what I expected: most of the shinies weren't any better than the originals. I do like shiny Aegislash (which I was hoping would look good shiny because it's one of Gen 6's few Pokémon designs that actually impressed me) and Gourgeist.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Here's a story of a family affair that leads to my favourite Shiny, if only for sentimental reasons and nothing else.

Once upon a moon, I happened upon a Quick Trade request for a Sneasel with Egg Moves Icicle Crash and Fake Out. I had Fake Out already covered, so worked in a Beartic and, after a while (and a mistake or two), ended up with two "incomplete" 6IV Sneasel plus my intended result. I traded that away to the requesting party and sent a reject to someone else whom I actively trade with. He proceeded to breed it further to give it the additional Egg Move of Pursuit.

A few days later (the other day, but I'll pay attention to yesterday), I was preparing to return to this same trader a Shiny Butterfree he'd given me. I told him I return Shinies, and I was doing so. He mentioned that he had a Shiny Sneasel that he'd bred himself. I thought nothing of it but asked to see it because I'd like to clone one myself, having not gotten to that myself. We traded the Shinies (you don't see that every day), conducted a second trade for 5IVs, then I looked at them. The Meditite is nice (as is the Helioptile I sent him), then I got to the Sneasel.

The Egg Moves are Pursuit, Icicle Crash, and Fake Out. Sound familiar?

My Sneasel, from what I've been told, turned out to be the grandmother or great grandmother of the Shiny 4IV Sneasel (31/31/xx/31/31/xx) currently in my possession.

For that reason, and the fact that something I sent for trade led to this Shiny, it's my sentimental favourite.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm really liking how shiny Metagross looks; its white body and golden cross show off really well. I know that this isn't a generation six Pokémon, but its model seems quite epic in X and Y (well, at least to me), so I thought I should mention it. Aside from that, I'm also a big fan of Mega-Gardevoir; its shiny colors complement each other extremely well, if you ask me.

I've yet to see any shiny Mega-Charizard Y, but judging from the color-scheme of its original form, I'm sure it looks pretty nice!

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
This generation has really been nice to me in terms of Shiny Pokemon. My first Shiny Pokemon for the game is a Shiny Skorupi which I found while passing through that route with a lot of fallen leaves. Minutes later after entering the Lost Hotel, I encountered a Shiny Klefki. It was golden.

It will never forget that luckiest moment in my entire time of playing Pokemon.
I traded Klefki away though. At least I've got him in the entry. I hope his trainer is taking good care of him x3

Years
My fave shiny of all-time has to be Corsola, I know this cutie's stats suck but for some reason blue is such a nice color on it. Pretty much one of the most notable examples of a Pokemon I like the shiny color of way better than the original.

corsola.gif

How could you not like shiny Corsola? I really want to chain-fish for one sometime.

But as for catching shinies, X has been pretty generous to me, I ended up catching 7 shinies in the game so far - Drifloon, Clauncher, Remoraid, Miltank, Woobat, Quagsire and Flabébé (orange flower). All except the Flabébé were random encounters, while she was caught through chaining with the Poke Radar.

Years
One of my favorite shinies was unfortunately ruined with X/Y, or at least I think so.

334.gif
->
altaria.gif

Shiny Swablu/Altaria were so pretty and golden but now they look more like mustard so urgh, I dunno. I absolutely adore the shiny Altaria I got from Jak either way but really wish it kept its original palette.

Either way, X and Y still has some amazing shinies that they did wonderfully on, like these:

ampharos-mega.gif
amaura.gif
pumpkaboo-large.gif
shinx-f.gif

Among others.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
This generation has really been nice to me in terms of Shiny Pokemon. My first Shiny Pokemon for the game is a Shiny Skorupi which I found while passing through that route with a lot of fallen leaves. Minutes later after entering the Lost Hotel, I encountered a Shiny Klefki. It was golden.

It will never forget that luckiest moment in my entire time of playing Pokemon.
I traded Klefki away though. At least I've got him in the entry. I hope his trainer is taking good care of him x3

I've managed to run into shiny Klefki once, but didn't have any Poké Balls with me at the time, so unfortunately, I just couldn't capture it. Wish I were more lucky, haha.

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
From the past gen, I love Haxorus' dark color, Virizion's pink body, and Hydreigon's green and black combination, they are just wonderful. In this gen, well, there are many, but I prefer Greninja and Pangoro {I have both of them thanks to MM :') }

I like the Dragonite's improvement, its green color got darker now in this gen. I would have preferred a better yellow in the Lucario family, but ok.

Katunei999

Katunei
Years
I've been hunting shinies for a while now, but my current all time favourites have to be my shiny Mudkip and my shiny Charmander. It's PINK and it's GOLD!

Back