• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader!

Favourite Gym Leader from Sinnoh?

• Total voters

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I like Crasher Wake's mask, it's very unique. Although I think Fantina's the first to wear a dress which is really cool.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    I thought Roark was a girl for a while.

So did I. XD I was so disappointed when I found it he wasn't a she, because it would have been awesome to have a region with more female gym leaders than male gym leaders, just for the heck of it.

I voted Volkner. He's got the most fun gym to navigate (though there are some great condenders; Byron, Candice, Maylene...), he's in Sunyshore City, and the dynamic between Volkner and Flint--especially in Platinum--is uber fun. And he's got some crazy random Pokémon in D/P. Ambipom? Octillery? One of the few things I don't like about Platinum is that they took away D/P's introduction of gym leaders using Pokémon that aren't of their "type".

It seems I went with the popular choice for once, heh.

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Well there's something I like about each.

Roark: um, well, his names pretty cool.
    Gardenia: um, actually I don't really like her XP
    Maylene: um, her gym layout is OK and her Lucario is awesome, and, um, she walks to Snowpoint city barefoot and in her gym "uniform"?
    Wake: his layout is, like maylene's, OK and he has more type coverage moves on his Pokémon other than just plain water attacks
    Fantina: um, actually I don't really like her either XP
    Byron: He's pretty awesome. Gym layout's cool, love the Pokémon XD
    Candice: like her better than Byron, besides that she's got a cool gym [lol- cool] and I like her Pokémon
    Volkner: Awesome gym, awesome Pokémon, awesome name. I like him except for the fact is that your first impression is that he's a bored person who decided to solar-fy the city- and his sprites always show him bored or having no expression.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    In my opinion, I like Fantina. :)

She is a coordinator just like me as well, and she's a tough gym leader in Pokemon Platinum. xD

~Bliss
    Tuff?! Guess you didn't catch a Zubat or something.. i had a lvl 26 golbat and owned the whole gym.

For me i think emm.. Candice, just cuz 10 years old is okay, maylene is somewhat way too young.
    After that.. Emm Gardenia. she choose the grass type. no wonder she is so calm. and i like the grass type after picking Chikorita too many times. And roserade is FTW.

D i v i n e X

Pichu, don't touch that knife!
    Years
    Roark: He seems, slightly nerdy, but a hella tight name.
    Gardenia: My favorite leader, Roserade is freakin' awesome. Shes hot and cool in the anime.
    Fantina: Weird, first accented gym leader, but the way she is is awesome.
    Maylene: Don't like her. Tomboy, pink hair, fighting... weird.
    Wake: His team if really flexible. Gyarados > Grass, Quaqsire > Electric, if he switched his pokemon throughout the battle, he would be a challenge.
    Byron: Steel pokemon, high defenses, good hp. There good, and Byron is cool, look at his hair ;3.
    Candice: Shes cool (xD). Ice pokemon are good, and she uses a flexible team.
    Volkner: He is my second favorite leader, Electivire is awesome, Jolteon pwns and his attitude is similiar to mine. He reminds me of Minato from naruto too, he is just awesome.

Years
    Roark = okaaay, i liked the fact his dad was also a gym leader :D
    Gardenia = Reminded me of a fmale version of Bugsy :3
    Fantina = Weird o.O
    Wake = His theme tune is hilarious
    Byron = Heh, bit too scruffy ;).
    Candice = Soo cool :D
    Volkner = Just as cool, i can't pick between them :(.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I like Byron a lot. He was somewhat tough, and he had cool pokemon as well.

Alec_

Years
    Candice is the best gym leader in the region of Sinnoh. Her fighting skills impress me.
    That's why i choose her. But if this thread is all about Johto. Probably. Jasmine will be the best ^^.

~Fairytales.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Fantina, her gym puzzle was rather simple & she herself was never a trouble to me or my pokemon.

Back