• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Gameboy Color from when I was five. I remember when Gold and Silver being in (multiple) colour was the most amazing thing ever (that's after having Red and Blue in just a select few colours).

Years
    The first console that I ever had was the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, which from my best estimate, we probably got for Christmas in 1995 (I was nearly 4). The only games I remember having were Sonic 2, and NHL 95. After that, I got the PS1 a few years later, but didn't have my own handheld console (GBC) until I was about 11, but I had borrowed my cousin's with Yellow and Red before then.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    First was the Sega Megadrive.
    Think I got the SNES a couple months after the Sega.
    SNES was alot more played tbh.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    The good ol' Mega Drive - I grew up with mainly Sonic games (With the occasional Mortal Kombat 3 and Jungle Strike) - Stupidly I only had Sonic 1, 2 and Knuckles, never properly owned 3 till Mega Collection Plus on the PS2!

Then a few years later came the PS1, that's when it all kicked off XD

Yup, those were the days

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I think we had a Sega Megadrive... for like a week or something. :|
    Later a Playstation, which stuck around a lot longer.

But, mostly, I grew up gaming on Windows PCs; bleak as the PC gaming scene is these days, I still do.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My cousin gave me his Sega Megadrive after he got a Nintendo 64. I wish we reversed roles; I remember the 64 much more clearly and fondly than the Megadrive.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    My first console was the NES. My dad bought one on a whim while on business trip in the States. lol Worked out well for me. I don't remember knowing what a NES was before I go it. Or a Game Boy for that matter.

I just remember having them, not wanting or knowing about them.

I actually think I got the NES after the SuperNES was released O_o The SuperNES I remember wanting though! Badly!

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    First console was a fat gameboy with Zelda Link's Awakening lost both D:
    then I got a SNES that I destroyed when raging on those stupid controllers. :d

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    Counting hand helds or no?
    If counting hand helds my first system was a Red Gameboy Pocket with Super Mario Land. And if not counting hand helds my first console was a Nintendo 64 bundle with Donkey Kong 64.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    The first for me was the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive when Sega was actually dominating in the video game industry. I had real fun on it with all the Sonic games, Streets of Rage, Ristar, Shinobi, and some other great titles. Ah the good days of childhood :'D.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Since the first console I owned and the first console I played was two different things I'll just list both.

First console I played:
    That would be the NES. My sister had an NES and I used to play that every now and then, games Mario, Duck Hunt, DuckTales, and so on.

First console I owned:
    The SNES. I got that for my birthday (might have been birthday + Christmas since they're so close to each other) not too long after the SNES came out. I didn't really want to play it because I was scared that I'd kill Mario (I had Super Mario World with it).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back