• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first console?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfSoul

Blaze Trainer~
    Years
    my brothers had the SNES and stuff before me but the first ACTUAL console that I got directly as a present for me, was the N64! :D I loved that console, always playing mario kart, Hey You Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2... and some others... wow, the good old days.

Team_SJK

Son of Arceus
    Years
    Let's see... when I was growing up, my older siblings and I would fight over the NES we've had since... 1986, I suppose. We wouldn't literally fight over it, but anyway...
    In terms of consoles that I personally owned, my first portable system was "the big gray brick," also known as the original Game Boy, and between Christmas 1994 and now, I've acquired over 28 games for it. My brother also had a Game Boy, but after the screen cracked on mine about five years ago, he said I could have his, as he is no longer an on-the-go gamer. For home consoles, my first was a silver GameCube that came with one controller, Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time + Master Quest, among other games.

More recently, I've acquired a red and black DS Lite, my brother's PS2 slim, several Super NES's, five PS1's, a model 2 Genesis, three other NES's, and a large suitcase packed with controllers. After reading that last bit, it would be safe for you to conclude that I'm a serious collector. :D

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    My parents had Intellivision, Commodore Vic 20, and a Pong machine before I was born. The first one that we had gotten after I was born was an Atari 2600.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    My first console was the NES. It was a nice console til me and my brother had to blow it and blow the games for them to work. It was a pain. x.x And I think we had to deal when the red light kept on flashing and nothing was showing up.

So my parents ended up getting us the SuperNES. Now that was a wonderful console. Had so much fun on it. We had about over 30 games from it. Great times.

My first hand-held was the Game Boy. The spinach colored one. I liked that one as well.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Well, I was raised without consoles. Until I turned 5 (weird, no ?) when I got a GBA.

But ! My PC, had all sorts of Disney junks on it : 102 Dalmatians : Puppies to the Rescue, Donald Duck's Quack Attack, Walt Disney World Magical Racing Tour (or something like that ??). Those were the games I played when I was like, 3 or 4. I also learned English at that time, and I am now one of the best English speakers in my class. All due to video games.

And I'd play them anytime now. I have 102 Dalmatians and Walt Disney World Racing Tour on my netbook. I play them from time to time.

My first REAL PC Game was NFSU, and I got so addicted to it, my parents bought me Porsche Unleashed, then NFSU2.

And on my GBA... Pokemon Sapphire was my first game for a long time. I got some MegaMan junk, a Duel Masters copy.
    Good times. (:

Years
    A Red GB Pocket. It consumed less batteries than most other kid's gameboys and it was quite solid. One day I dropped it one time too much though and then it broke. Still, that thing survived about seven or eight years of extensive use, the modern equivalents can't do that.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Our Nintendo 64. First got it with a bunch of games when I was about 6-although my favourite was always Super Mario 64.
    If you mean personally, then my GBA (and I stress this part) SP. Along with Game and Watch Gallery Advance. Favourite game on that? it's a tie between Super Mario Advance 3 (Super Mario Bros. 3 remake) and Pokemon Leafgreen, my introduction to the wonderful world of Pokemon. Hey, at least I still started at Kanto.

Fast forward 5-6 years and I've beaten SMB3 on all 3 files (see what I did there?) and filled the Kanto Dex, gained a shiny, and owned a level 100 Swampert and Rayquaza (Yes, this is still Leafgreen!) Sadly, 2 years ago I lost Leafgreen on a holiday.

...on second thoughts, maybe I should think things through before I go ramblin'.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    The NES. Shortly after, we bought the SNES. I played very few games on it and then bought a GBcolor.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    My mom's old NES. It was freaking fantastic, and I still remember getting up at 6 AM to play Mario on a Saturday.

Years
    Ehhh... it was either the N64, the PlayStation or SEGA. I can't remember which, since from my memory, they were just...there. x3

Blew

Blew Your Mind!
    Years
    The first console I owned was none other than the Mega Drive. God it brought so many memories: Echo the Dolphin, Golden Axe, Shinobi, Streets of Rage...

EDIT: On second thoughts, it might have been the original Game Boy I first owned.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Yellow Gameboy Colour with the game Dracula. I loved it so much and it's in my drawer.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    The first console I remember playing was the Sega Genesis. I remember growing up and watching my sister and dad play Sonic the Hedgehog.

The first console I owned was the Aqua Game Boy Color. I also got Pokemon Red, and it hooked me into the Pokemon games right away. (I still have my Game Boy, and it still works, although I lost the battery cover a long time ago.)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    My first game console was probably the Dreamcast. I can remember playing Sonic the Hedgehog on it with my cousins when I was younger. My next one would be the Gameboy Advance. For that console, I can remember playing a lot more games than just Pokemon and Sonic. I actually have all of them in one pocket case somewhere in my room. Hopefully, I remembered where I put it in case I want to play any Gameboy Advance games later.

I won't be playing with the Gameboy Color or the Nintendo 64 until later in my life.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back