• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first ever friend.

Years
  • First friend I remember even to this day is some platinum blonde-haired kid back when I was probably five or six. We played in the playground outside my apartment when I still lived in Europe. I can't remember much of his personality or even his face - just the fact that he had platinum blonde hair seems to stick out and make him unforgettable. I haven't spoken or seen him since I moved out to the US at age seven.

Ayselipera

I honestly did not make a true friend to hang out with until I was about 9. Everyone before that I would talk to, but I never set myself in a group of people and so wandered between everyone daily and was at acquaintance level with nearly everyone. My parents didn't have family friends with children my age so I was never socialized with other children regularly until I was 5/6 which was preschool. I had never been around other people my age before that so I remember it being really weird and I think I had a hard time adjusting because I didn't know how to act. Then when I was 9 I guess I just "figured it out" not to mention it was the year all the elementary schools in my town combined into one large one so I was introduced to tons of other kids and made my first real friends with Ellie, James, and Morgan all at once. I still talk to them now, but I only hang out with James outside of school while sometimes I'll visit Ellie at her work for "work chats" and I only talk to Morgan in school once in a while.

I think we've all changed a bit, but people always tell me I've been the same since forever I'm just taller now SO IDK.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    IRL, I can't really say. It'd be probably be this kid named Clay I've known all my life. But.. in a way, we were more family than we were ever friends, so he doesn't count too much. After him, it was probably this kid Lucas who lived down the street from me. Then he started playing Basketball and we didn't really talk much. He moved to Texas, and the most contact I have with him is him being a Facebook friend. aha. As for Clay, they visit us every once a while, and if I'm ever up in Sac, I tend to drop by and see what they're up to.

My first PC friend...? I don't really have any friends here. There's some nice people, and I enjoy talking to them, but to call them a friend might be a little much... not trying to offend anyone here. :x

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Earliest friend that I can ever remember having... I can recall back to my kindergartner days. He still lives in England, though last time I heard from him (which is actually like... last week, lol), he's moved to Herts.

My first PC friend...? I don't really have any friends here. There's some nice people, and I enjoy talking to them, but to call them a friend might be a little much... not trying to offend anyone here. :x

This. Often times I personally find online friendships useless.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • I wanna say that my first friend IRL was probably Yulie, I met her when I was about 4, and we went to preschool together. She's Japanese, and is the same friend who got me into Pokemon later on when we were about 9. We kept in contact until around highschool, when we just sort of lost contact, and our lives became pretty different. To this day if I called her up she'd probably be fine, and we'd talk for a while, I'm not sure how to find her anymore, though. I know she goes back and forth from the USA to Japan. D;

My first real close friend online was probably my friend Haru (Kellee), whom I met in early 2003 through a roleplay for the anime series Fruits Basket. I had online "friends" before her, but none that I can remember being all too close with, so I'm not gonna count them. xD; I actually met Haru when a friend and myself went to Minnesota in late 2004 / early 2005. It was awesome. We still keep in touch on occasion, mostly via Deviant Art.

Oh! And PC.. man, that's hard to remember. It's a safe bet to say that Jeremy was the first person on there that I considered a friend. I also had ~Roselia~, and kimicatdemon, but I believe that Jeremy was first. Either way, they're all cool, and out of the three, I still talk with Jeremy and Kimi, soooo that's cool. xD

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
  • The first friend I made was back when I was like four maybe? He was my next door neighbor, Nathan. Our parents were pretty close, so we hung out, or "played" often. We usually just played on his swing set. After a couple years we moved away, and I didn't really keep in contact with him.

I actually ran into him a couple years ago though. Surprised he remembered what I looked like, because I certainly didn't recognize him.

As for PC, Hikari10 was my first added friend, but I don't think I've talked to her much.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I don't quite remember when it was to be honest, but I recall that it wasn't in school, camp, or anything like that. I think it was my neighbor. We moved to a new houses and I wasn't too happy about it, but then there was a girl, around my age or a little older, that used to visit my house everyday. When I enrolled to school, she was in the same school. Yeah, that's pretty much it.

As for PC, the first VM was from someone called Bloomilk C. but I don't remember ever talking to him, lol.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Ah, well I suppose the first person I became really good friends with would be this girl called Lowri, we met during my first year in Primary School. We seemed to really get on so well, and liked each others company. Which some people found a little funny considering we were different genders, they teased us by called her my girlfriend, which was pretty funny. Though we don't really see much of each other now, due to going to different High Schools, we still stay in contact, and go out like, once in blue moon.

As for PC. The first person I really go interacting a lot with was probably Jorah and Vernikova. I used to talk a lot with Jorah in the shipping debates that. I talked a lot to Verny with the VM system, we got into a load of funny conversations. Though I don't talk much to either of them at much anymore. The user I've probably really talked to loads, including off PC, would probably be dragonomega. That gurl is hilarious.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In RL, my first friend was this girl I got really close to. We were good friends, up to the point that I was made fun of for having a girlfriend. I sent her a friend request on Facebook, but we haven't talked to each other since.

In PC, my first friend was Sydian. He was able to sympathize with me after I got banned from BMGf.

Years
  • IRL, there was this girl, whose name I can't remember. I do remember quite a few times we hung out. We played outside quite a bit. We had a shared love of Beanie Babies, and both laughed when Jack died in Titanic, because that was the cool thing to do.

When I had to move away, she gave me her address. I lost it. Thus started my habit of never keeping in touch with people once I move away, ever.

On PC? Uh... when I first came here I had two friends, but I didn't make them here, per se. After that, the first friendship I remember making was my best friend Matt. But I talked to people before him... so I don't remember. :s

Years
  • My best friend was called Matt and we used to play in play group, our parents became best friends and our little sisters became best friends. We used to play together all the time, we would hang out after school, we went to cubs together and we got on.

However when we got to year 10 we started hanging out less and then we stopped talking and I haven't spoke to him for about 3 years now.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • In real life, the first friend I ever remember making was Nicholas. I never called him Nick, his name was always Nicholas, I do remember that much. We were inseparable through Kindergarten and Year 1, and then when my mother began to feel that he was becoming too dependent on me (he was less socially adept than I was, though that isn't saying much for my own social skills either) she called the school and made sure we were in separate classes for Year 2. I had some other friends so I did fine, but Nicholas didn't, so I thought that wasn't very nice of my mother. He left after Year 2 for a school for the gifted and talented, where he did not cope well.

We also went to different high schools and the next time I saw him was when we were in the same store with our mothers shopping for our suits for Year 10 formal (which the Americans would refer to as "junior prom"). Our mothers spoke for a bit, but we just sort of looked sheepishly at each other. He hadn't changed a bit. He was taller but looked pretty much exactly the same. And while I'd gotten better socially in the intervening years, he apparently hadn't, as evidenced by his two word answers to the few questions I attempted to ask him before I gave up and waited for our mothers to finish talking.

I added him on Facebook recently, but we never contact each other. We don't really have much to say to each other... add to that that he doesn't have much to say at all lol. It's a shame, because we did have a lot of fun when we were 5-7 years old.

As for PokeCommunity, my first ever friend was our very own Razor Leaf! You all know him, he's always around and we still talk most days :)

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • My first ever friend was probably a girl named Sherada, we were in kindergarten together and I have a very vivid memory of us playing, we were in primary school together as well, but I wasn't really friends with her then. Another very old friend of mine was Francis, we used to do everything together, I was always over at his or he was over at mine, playing Nintendo 64 and stuff. He went to a different school and I only saw him once after that, a few years ago. i found him on facebook but he's changed so much I'm not sure if I want to add him.

Years
  • I remember my first BEST FRIEND FOREVER. Her name was Kylie, and she liked eating watermelons with vinegar on it. She was really bad at raising her tamagatchi. Then she moved to North Carolina when I was six and I never heard from her again.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The first friend I ever had was named Claire and she lived right next door to me when I was about 3 to 6 years old. I don't remember exactly how we became friends--I guess it was just proximity, but we were really close. At one point, a post in our fence broke so we could go between our yards whenever we wanted and it was pretty much the greatest thing in the world. We'd play pretend all the time and she introduced me to a lot of cool things. Unfortunately, once I moved away, we didn't see each other much. We went on a joint family vacation in British Columbia once (where I'd moved) and after that, I don't think we ever really heard from them because we moved around and, as far as I know, so did they. I have no idea where she is now.

My first friend on PC? I was pretty close to Cas, who was the person who got me to join essentially... but I knew her a long time before we ended up on PC. Honestly, I think the first new friend I made here was either Dakota or Marill. The former was an admin and is now banned and the latter... I'm not sure where he ended up. I don't know if he even made it to this current iteration of PC (2003-on). Earliest friend I made who is still active was probably Arcanine. :'D

Back