• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first Pok?mon Game Ever!

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    My first pokemon game was blue version.It's kinda funny how i first got it.Me,my dad and my sister went to Target to get the game 3 days after it came out,and my dad chose blue version for me.(he said that it's better than red)I still remember getting stuck in Victory road with my Charizard.Then after that came Gold,Crystal,Sapphire,Leaf Green then finally Emerald.Now today,the game belongs to my brother cause i gave it to him.Which i then replaced it's spot with Yellow Version.

Cookie luvs Green

I am not a Trainer. I am Ash.
    Years
    -Latios- said:
    My first game was Gold, ahhh those old times. I got it when I was 8 years old, I remember when I was searching surf it took me 1 month, lol, I also remember the bug catcher contest, you know it was every tuesday and thursday so I was always geting up at 0:00 just to participate at the contest, coudn't wait and coudn't sleep all the night becouse of it! XD

Woah jeez, my first pokemon game was also Gold and I got it when I was 8 too xDD;
    I was kind of obsessed with the Bug Catcher part, I go there till I practically got most pokemon in there.
    --
    The stupid thing I did in Gold though, is that I killed all the legendaries without a care xD

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Whoo. My first game was red version...

*long ramble ahead*

It was my cousin's birthday in I think 1997-ish. My cousin had gotten a Pokemon Red Version for her birthday. I had heard about pokemon from my classmates, but I'd never actually seen the game in action. Come to think of it, the only pokemon I knew at that time was Pikachu. From time to time I heard my cousin announce things like "I got Squirtle!" and such, and after a while I stopped playing Donkey Kong on their Super Nintendo to go watch her play. I didn't understand it back then, but it seemed interesting.
    About a month later we were getting ready to go to a relative's wedding. My parents said I could get a gameboy game to keep me entertained during the 8-hour drive to where they were having it. I looked at the selection of games that Toys R us had to choose from and immediately saw the two Pokemon Games: Red version and Blue version. I read the backs of both of the games. I noticed that the back of the red version box had Pikachu on it but the blue version didn't, and that made me think that Pikachu was only in red version XD! So, even though Blue is my favorite color, I got red version. I know I started with Bulbasaur too, because the guidebook said something like he was the best.

*end of long ramble*

...and that's how my Pokemon obsession began!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Utah
    • Seen Jan 24, 2006
    My first was blue when it came out in the US. Man I played that game so much....my best time with a decent team was 24 hours...

I remember always loving Blastouise and when I first got it played til like one o' clock. That's very late when your 8....

Back