• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    The first (and only) shiny I've personally caught was a Purugly in Pearl, and lately I've been trying to get a Shinx and a Mareep. I also have a level 100 Magikarp (Murderkarp), level 20 Lax Trapinch, both gifts from friends, and the event Pichu. Oh durr, I also have the red Gyarados, but that doesn't really count, does it? :p

Last edited:

Bolens

Soul Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Mine was a Ponyta. Interesting Pokemon, when it is shiny. Nothing like a blue flamed Ponyta!

Eevee_girl

Ich weiss nicht.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    Mine was a Ponyta. Interesting Pokemon, when it is shiny. Nothing like a blue flamed Ponyta!

Ponyta is grey when it's shiny.

It was my first and only shiny on my first play through on Diamond.

pokecrazy123

The Dark Side is Strong in You
    Years
    magnemite in ruby then i lost my ruby but ar'de another and putit in its own box labeled RIP

Years
    I've never found a shiny. Except the shiny red Gyarados :p Although I have had a shiny linoone, staru, and now a shiny eevee :D (From trades :P)

Last edited:

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    My first general shiny was a Makuhita in Emerald. Later I also got a shiny Charmander after Sr'ing on Fr.

My first shiny for Diamond was Dialga after like over 200 Soft resets. And I later saw a shiny Growlithe on the same game.

On Pearl I haven't seen any shinies.

On Platinum I saw a shiny starly which I just caught and boxed. And later after a long time of chaining a shiny Shinx.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Actually I just got it about 15 minutes ago. xD

Since I restarted my game for the Monotype Challenge, I was struggling to beat Fantina (who I just beat). I was grinding and suddenly found a Shiny Bidoof. I went meh at first, thinking it looked different then other Bidoofs. I see the Shiny symbol go off, and became so happy. Send out Bronzor, Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Pokeball, caught! May seem worthless, but it will make a nice HM Slave replacing my old, regular Bidoof. ;D

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    My first shiny was Magnemite. I was chaining to see how many of them I could find in a row, and the 35th one was a shiny.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back