• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first time

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
  • What was the first console you bought, the first game you owned and at what age was it?
    For me, I bought a GBA SP when I was 8, my first game being Spider-Man : Battle For NY I think. What about you guys?
    Admit the title freaked you out

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • The first console that I had was a PS1 (it was my sisters' but I used it more than they did) back when I was 5 or 6. My first game was either Crash Bandicoot, Crash Team Racing, Tetris, or Spyro: Year of the Dragon, I can't remember.

The first console that I bought was a DS back in '06 or something like that. I think the first game that I bought for it was Nintendogs lol.

Years
  • I dunno, first one that actually belonged to me and me alone?... Probably my Gameboy Colour. First one I paid for was my Xbox360 I think.

HOWEVER, my earliest gaming memories are of the Commodore64, the SNES, the Megadrive. I was born into the early years of Sonic, I was way into it. Which now that I think of it, may have coloured my speech a little. Way past cool man xD

Blue streak speeds by...

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • the first one that belonged to me was a puprle gamecube with Luigi's manision.
    the first game I brought myself was super monkey ball for the gamecube.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I got into video games when I was five. My first handheld console was Game Boy Color, and my first game, other than Pokémon, was Pocket Bomberman. It was a very fun game. I used to spend a lot of time playing this game, especially on the weekends when I didn't have school. My first home console was Nintendo 64, and I got it when I was seven. For this console, my first game was Super Mario 64.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Game Boy Pocket in 1995/1996 with Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman! Although given that I would have been about 5, it was definitely bought for me rather than me buying it myself.

If we're going on first console that I personally bought... it'd probably honestly be the second DS Lite that I bought about 4 years ago to trade stuff in order to trade a Magneton to Platinum and evolve it in Chargestone Cave. Most other consoles have been bought for me as presents, even after I became an adult, which I guess is a bit worrying now that I'm thinking of it! :P

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Mine was a Nintendo 64 for Christmas in 1997 with Super Mario 64. Good times.

Years
  • My first console was a Game Boy Advance Tribal and the first game I had was Pokemon Yellow. I remember my love for my GBA, so strong. I played it so much I got grounded from time to time, and when that happened I would sneak it into the bathroom and play it for an hour and then hide it behind the toilet.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties:

First time playing video games:
    1992, Super Mario Bros, NES.
    First console owned:
    1994, Super Nintendo, Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2.

Also the title was kind of obvious since you're posting in the gaming forums, sweetie. =p

Years
  • My first gaming experience was a Korean online multi-player Bomberman type of game called Crazy Arcade, I was so addicted to that back then, though I don't know if it's still there today.

My first handheld was a Gameboy Color, and my first game on it was Pokemon Silver.

As for consoles... to this day I don't have one. However I have used my mom's friend's SNES and N64 in Utah back in 2003.

Last edited:

Crystalanachrony

ℱ a e r i e . ℚ u e e n
    Years
  • My first console? I was like... six or seven I believe, and I inherited my older brother and sister's SNES. It had a bunch of sweet games on it, like Mario All-Stars, Yoshi's Island, and Aladdin (the ridiculously hard one). I don't remember if that was my first gaming experience -- there is reason to believe that it was actually my cousin's N64, but oh well.

The first console I owned myself was a GBA SP, pre-owned, silver, scratched to hell and back but still awesome. It was also TECHNICALLY the first one I paid for, since I split the cost with my parents. I bought... two games with it, I think, Pokémon FireRed and Barbie Secret Agent.

I. Mighthave played Barbie first. >.>

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    The first game console I played was the NES. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was the first game, I believe. If not that than Super Mario Bros.

The first system I actually bought for myself (I was like 8 and had saved up money for it :p) was a Gameboy Pocket Silver with Pokemon Red. It was good times.

Years
  • Depending on how I answer this, it could be one of three options.

The first console that my family owned was a Sega Genesis, which we got for Christmas in 1995 (I would've almost been 4 at the time). And the first two games that we had with it were Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Madden '95, although I can't recall playing the latter at all.

The first console that was purely my own was a Game Boy Color, which is coincidentally sitting on my computer desk right now. I must've been 9 or 10 when I got it, and the first game I had for it was Pokemon Gold.

And as for the first console I actually bought, was my Zelda edition DS Lite about 2 years ago. I got it at a garage sale for $40 with HeartGold, but I had no problem buying it used, since I'd been wanting one, and I knew that those DSes were limited edition.

Arron13

Calm, Relaxed, but Competative
    Years
  • The first gaming console i remember my family having was the NES. We had i think around 15 games including super Mario Bros 1-3, Tiger Heli, Duck Hunt . . and the list goes on.

The first thing I ever owned was a Gameboy I got from my brother's friend when I was around 7. He gave me this racing car game but I cannot rememeber the name of it but it was pretty fun. Then I got pokemon Blue. It was awesome.

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
    Years
  • Well, the first console in my house that I recall was a Nintendo Gamecube, which I still happily play today.

And yes, it is also the first console I ever owned myself. The first one ever directly given to me and such.

TY

First console was a PS1, but the first game was Red Alert 1 for PC

Back