• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your Hardest Battle

Years
    I also had a pretty hard time with Cynthia, her Garchomp was tough to beat with the team I had.

Lamb2

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    Hmm...my hardest battle...that's kinda hard to consider.

The Gym Leaders and Elite Four plus Champion are out, in every game, since they always seem easy for me...for some reason.

Well...I would have to say...wait! There was that one battle I had...I think it was in a WiFi battle tower room?

Anyway, the guy's Pokemon were so powerful, and they were all shiny. His Garchomp completely annihilated my Milotic, Tyranitar, and Luxray.

I guess that would be my hardest battle...'cause I didn't even have any time to react, the guy's Garchomp was just a war machine.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My first time in Pearl, I had an awful team I guess. It seemed fine to me, but apparently, it wasn't good enough. I had Empoleon, Lopunny, Mismagius, Roserade, and two others I can't even remember. But we lost to Cyrus on Spear Pillar...a lot.

And in Platinum, I lost to him once in the Celestic Town Ruins with the team Pupitar, Dragonair, Shelgon, and Gabite. Haha, can you tell what I was going for with that team? ;) But yeah, Ice Punch slaughtered them.

Lamb2

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    My first time in Pearl, I had an awful team I guess. It seemed fine to me, but apparently, it wasn't good enough. I had Empoleon, Lopunny, Mismagius, Roserade, and two others I can't even remember. But we lost to Cyrus on Spear Pillar...a lot.

And in Platinum, I lost to him once in the Celestic Town Ruins with the team Pupitar, Dragonair, Shelgon, and Gabite. Haha, can you tell what I was going for with that team? ;) But yeah, Ice Punch slaughtered them.

Oh, your a Dragon Tamer aren't you?

lol jk

BigBlastoise

The Big B-Turtle
    Years

I can point out several problems with those teams. Firstly, never use Lopunny. Secondly, all your Pokemon seem to have a Ground-type attachment, ground is weak to ice. And Lastly, how do you lose to Cyrus? He is the easiest trainer in the game!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Cynthia was tough in Diamond, as I didn't use Sneasel, because I wasn't a fan at the time, there were no other ice-types available, and Garchomp's Earthquake kept killing him.

In Platinum, I overloaded on Ice, with Froslass, Glalie, Glaceon, Torterra, and two others I didn't get until post-E4, so whilst Cynthia was easy, Cyrus was hard. In the end, I traded in a Jolteon, taught it Thunder Wave, paralyzed Houndoom, just so Torterra could OHKO with Earthquake, instead of getting KO'd due to speed

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    It is self explanitory

Online Shiny Pokemon Unofficial Championships
    Level 100 championships with legendary pokemon only!

For the finals i used Arceus i got from action reply, Moltres, Articuno, Celebi, Mewtwo, and the best pokemon Mew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got arceus from that event in japan

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Cynthia was really hard on pearl, as my team wasn't trained enough and her Garchomp and Milotic were hard to kill.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    last battle, last pokemon of the tower before i fought Palmer with his second team and we BOTH had our last pokes. He had a Cradily that new Ingrain, Stockpile, Rest and had a sandstorm going -_-

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    That double battle right before you get to vielstone on that rainy route. Even with pokes well trained to about their level, they are pretty challenging, even downright impossible if you aren't careful enough.

Years
    On my first play through of Diamond I didn't struggle with any battle at all, however this time round I just got flattened by Cynthia. I levelled all my pokemon to 58, thinking that'd give me a good shot at the Elite 4 and got to Cynthia. Took care of her Spiritomb with my Garchomp, she sent out hers and scored a critical on my Floatzel. Ended up beating her Garchomp with only my Infernape with 5hp left, scored a critical against her Gastrodon and I thought I might win because Infernape could easily take her Lucario and Roserade. I forgot she had a Milotic :(

Years
    I found Cynthia a little bit harder, than the others, but still easy. I just used 3x Nasty Plot and Flamethrower/Dark Pulse combo with my Houndoom.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    In pokemon platinum so far my hardest battle was the Champion of the elite 4.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I know, I hate her Garchomp, but it's alot easier if you have ice type pokemon/moves on a pretty fast pokemon. Garchomp is Uber though so it's pretty hard. Then again I have also heard of alot of people unexpectedly outspeeding her Garchomp.

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    I always use my Vaporeon which can take 2 Dragon Rushes from the Garchomp and Ice Beam... OR NOT. I get ****ing flinched and critted.

Back