• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your Hardest Battle

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Cynthia now.

She was absolutely horrible this time.

My team was Empoleon, Bronzong (with Heatproof), Carnivine, and Lopunny. Those were the Pokemon I brought besides two extras I just switch to to heal. Obviously I had problems.

The biggest problem was Garchomp. The first time I battled her she sweeped my entire team with it. The second time, I equipped my Empoleon (has Ice Beam) with a Quick Claw in hopes that I will get lucky. Luckily, it activated and my Ice Beam got a Critical Hit on Garchomp killing it. The rest of the Pokemon were still hard, but not as hard. Had to use about 10 Full Restores and Revives during the entire battle. >___>;

Years
    My hardest battle was against Cynthia. I trained and trained and it took forever to beat her. I had no trouble, that I remember, with any of the leaders and such.

Years
    Cynthia. The only reason I won is because I kept doing this:

Gengar used Destiny Bond!
    Gengar fainted! He took his foe with him!
    Gengar was revived and had his HP restored by 1/2!
    Gengar used Destiny Bond!

and so on.

abood321

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    gym leader Fantina in platinum it took me five times to beat her and Cynthia's
    grachomp.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Lucian in the Elite Four. It's actually harder than Cynthia. O_o

For me he was actually easiest. I started with my Espeon, beefed up with Calm Minds, while his Mr. Mime set up. By the time Mime started attacking, it was doing very little damage. I kept Calm Minding until Light Screen wore off, and then OHKOed his entire team with shadow ball and signal beam, plus psybeam on his Gallade. Now that I think about it Shadow ball would have done more damage.. ah well, doesn't matter.

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
    My Rival on Pt, I had reached Canalave City way too early, and his Staraptor was 3 levels higher then my torterra. I only killed his staraptor with my Luxray, then I lost the rest to his Infernape. I went back and trained my pokemon, and bought as many revives and hyper potions as possible, the I lost again, by his Floatzel using aqua jet on my Drifblim. It took me three more times before I beat him...

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    man your Rival is a joke so long as you have a decent team that isn't overleveled.
    I might make a Gen 4 hack sometime where your Rival is actually CHALLENGING.
    No I'm not insulting you Rankurusu, in your defense your team WAS underleveled, like you said. plus, floatzel is one of the hardest pokemon on his team to beat.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    Cynthia. I actually had to use -strategy-. Then again, I was underleveled... It was hard, but really fun, actually.

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    first hardest was cynthia second hardest was cyrus (pokemon platinum) i hated battling cyrus in the distortion world he was so hard. his pokemon levels were almost that of the 8th gymleaders levels D:

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I once went through the E4 with only my Empoleon when it hit level 70 something. I got to Cynthia's last Pokemon, her Milotic, and I ran out of Drill Pecks. In fact, I was so low on PP for any moves that I had to stall her out by throwing Ultra Balls. Thankfully, when the trainer deflects them, they aren't used up. Eventually killed her after she started Struggling. o.o

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I actually had the most trouble on my Platinum Solo Run w/ Flareon. I got stuck on Commander Mars at Valley Windworks 'cause my Pokemon didn't want to listen to me...

gregory_turner420

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    Factory Head Thorton on my first ppl run through. i cant remember his team but it was the ultimate counter to mine. i did beat him using struggle tho haha

Years
    My hardest battle would have to be against Cynthia. I had to have at least 20 tries at beating her before just by chance one of her (Garchomps, I think) attacks missed and mine hit knocking it out from red HP.
    That was pretty intense since it was one of many battles against her.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    I would have to say the factory head. I was a victim of hax when i fought him, having just the wrong rentals, flinch hax, misses at the worst possible time....stuff like that. He isnt so hard for me now, but he was a pain to get past for the first time.

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
    My hardest fight in Diamond, when I had it, had to have been when I fought Cynthia...I think I lost count of how many times she wiped out my team.

Back