• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Latest Purchases and Stuff!

Years
  • Okay, so, I'm curious as to what all of you have bought recently! Manga, anime, collectible merch, it's all cool to post! I just really wanna know what you've bought recently!

As for me, I bought the following 13 English volumes on Saturday:
    Spoiler:

That's Durarara!! Yellow Scarves Arc Volume 2, Fairy Tail volumes 8-12, Haganai Club Minutes (a side volume), Nisekoi 7, Girls und Panzer volume 2, and Dragonar Academy 1-4.

I also picked up 3 other volumes about 2 weeks ago, but I've already forgotten which ones those were.

So how about you? What did you buy recently? Is it as recklessly financially irresponsible as my own splurge? Or is it much more modest and sensible?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I don't get to buy anything often because everything here in NZ is too damn expensive for my liking.

However sometimes I'm lucky when the main library has a sale since there are often some good anime/manga finds in there for $1-3 dollars. I'll also sometimes buy anime or merch whenever there's a con, but that happens only once a year.

Recently was able to pick up the first volume of Haibane Renmei at the library for $1. I was also incredibly lucky to pick up 8 dvds of Ghost in the Shell (since I have been meaning to watch it) for around $3.50 each and all seem to be in good quality which is awesome.

Haven't bought anything merch-wise recently. The last thing I can think of that I bought was an SnK hoodie at the last con, but that was like in June last year.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Not my purchase, but the other day a package came in the mail for me (belated Christmas gift from my awesome boyfriend<3) ; turned out to be a plushy Pikachu wearing a mega-Charizard outfit. It's so frikin' cute. x3

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    Recent purchases:

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods [Blu-ray/DVD]
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Bonds Beyond Time [Blu-ray]

Two of my all-time favorite anime series~

Years
  • This Enoshima Junko figure from Danganronpa. :)
    Spoiler:

Nice! Looks like it was expensive. :P

And I like how the bear is doing the same pose she is.

Recent purchases:

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods [Blu-ray/DVD]
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Bonds Beyond Time [Blu-ray]

Two of my all-time favorite anime series~

ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON BALL Z: YUGI MOTOU FINDS THE HEART OF THE CARDS AND DEFEATS GOKU TO WIN THE DRAGONBALLS.

But seriously what I've seen of those series has been pretty okay. A bit fun, actually.

I purchased Card Captor Sakura's manga, which I deeply love.

Which volumes?

Not my purchase, but the other day a package came in the mail for me (belated Christmas gift from my awesome boyfriend<3) ; turned out to be a plushy Pikachu wearing a mega-Charizard outfit. It's so frikin' cute. x3

Wait, those exist?

I don't get to buy anything often because everything here in NZ is too damn expensive for my liking.

However sometimes I'm lucky when the main library has a sale since there are often some good anime/manga finds in there for $1-3 dollars. I'll also sometimes buy anime or merch whenever there's a con, but that happens only once a year.

Recently was able to pick up the first volume of Haibane Renmei at the library for $1. I was also incredibly lucky to pick up 8 dvds of Ghost in the Shell (since I have been meaning to watch it) for around $3.50 each and all seem to be in good quality which is awesome.

Haven't bought anything merch-wise recently. The last thing I can think of that I bought was an SnK hoodie at the last con, but that was like in June last year.

Ghost in the Shell is a fun one. Pretty nice deal on them, too. Usually they might fetch a bit more than that.

Anyway, splurged once again on 7 more volumes of manga:

Spoiler:

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer vols 1 & 2 omnibus, Monster Hunter Orage vols 2-4, Gakuen Polizi vol 1, The Garden of Words, and Ani-Imo vol 1. Maybe I'll get around to reading them by the time March rolls around, haha. Got a nice, big 25 volume and 2 light novel backlog for reading right now.

Years
  • Okay! Where to start 8D'''

Recently I bought all 13 volumes of the Haikyuu Manga, a Haikyuu Desktop calendar (and schedule stickers) and Haikyuu Clearfile folders (Is anyone picking up a pattern here, yet?).

As for none Haikyuu related goods, I bought Volume 1 and 2 of Yowapeda and a Horimiya book cover.

Living in japan is really dangerous for my bank account 8D'''

Years
  • Nice! Looks like it was expensive. :P

80€, but totally worth it, I loved Danganronpa, especially Junko. :p
    I'm thinking of getting Yaya from Unbreakable Machine-doll and Kirito from Sword Art Online (1st season ofc). But there's no €€ now. ;.;

Years
  • I haven't bought any anime or manga in quite some time. I usually watch stuff on Netflix or borrow anime and manga from my local library.

However, last year I bought a Kyubey plush for my friend's birthday. I think it costed about 60 dollars on ebay due to being imported, but that's okay cuz she's
    m̔͑̅y̵̯͡ ̞ͫͤv̴̴̳e͙̋͛r͗͒ͣy͔̲̟ ͍ͥͧb̳́͐ê͖ͪs᷀͗̊t̷͂ͬ ̘͌̆f͖ͯ̏r᷂͗͊i͕ͨ͘e̡ͭͮn̫᷿̉d᷿͈͊. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • m̔͑̅y̵̯͡ ̞ͫͤv̴̴̳e͙̋͛r͗͒ͣy͔̲̟ ͍ͥͧb̳́͐ê͖ͪs᷀͗̊t̷͂ͬ ̘͌̆f͖ͯ̏r᷂͗͊i͕ͨ͘e̡ͭͮn̫᷿̉d᷿͈͊. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Spoiler:
    Kyaaa, much cute =D
    I myself have one QB, QB is a cutie in plush form =D

Spoiler:

Years
  • While I was a big fan of Dragon Ball Z when I was younger, I never really got into the original, so I figured I'd change that by picking up the first 4 seasons of the original Dragon Ball on DVD. Granted, there are only 5 seasons, but the store I went to only had the first 4. Luckily, they said that another nearby one had a few copies of the 5th season DVDs in stock, so I'll probably go and pick that up sometime this weekend to complete the collection.

Years
  • Dragon Ball was a fun ride.

I haven't bought any anime or manga in quite some time. I usually watch stuff on Netflix or borrow anime and manga from my local library.

However, last year I bought a Kyubey plush for my friend's birthday. I think it costed about 60 dollars on ebay due to being imported, but that's okay cuz she's
    m̔͑̅y̵̯͡ ̞ͫͤv̴̴̳e͙̋͛r͗͒ͣy͔̲̟ ͍ͥͧb̳́͐ê͖ͪs᷀͗̊t̷͂ͬ ̘͌̆f͖ͯ̏r᷂͗͊i͕ͨ͘e̡ͭͮn̫᷿̉d᷿͈͊. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Spoiler:

Why would you put that evil on anyone. WHY.

Spoiler:

Anyway, picked up 4 more books this weekend and ordered a few earlier in the week that are now starting to arrive. First to arrive was Love Hina: The Novel Volume 2 on Friday.
    Spoiler:

Next to arrive were Love Hina: The Novel Volume 1 and Mao-chan Volume 2 on Saturday.
    Spoiler:

And then I went to Barnes & Noble to return a duplicate copy of Girls und Panzer volume to and pick up some more volumes. Ended up grabbing 3 volumes of Pokemon Adventures: Diamond and Pearl Platinum as well as Zero's Familiar Chevalier volume 4.

Spoiler:

I also picked up a bunch of Pokemon stuff that I've posted in the Pokemon General "Show Your Collection" thread, too. Plus a few things I'll be posting to the TCG section "Look What I Just Got!" thread later.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    While I was a big fan of Dragon Ball Z when I was younger, I never really got into the original, so I figured I'd change that by picking up the first 4 seasons of the original Dragon Ball on DVD. Granted, there are only 5 seasons, but the store I went to only had the first 4. Luckily, they said that another nearby one had a few copies of the 5th season DVDs in stock, so I'll probably go and pick that up sometime this weekend to complete the collection.

you won't regret it. dragon ball is such a great series and imo better than dbz.

i bought persona elizbaeth for myself and i've got nendoroid solid snake and SnK mikasa by GSC on the way; cant wait for them to arrive.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I should actually play my copy of Persona 4.

Anyway, this arrived in the mail today:

Spoiler:

I now have the book for everything that's been English licensed that Ken Akamatsu had a hand in. At least, I'm 99% certain. I don't count the omnibuses since they're basically reprints of the original series. Let me run down the list:

Love Hina LNs (volumes 1 and 2)
    A.I. Love You volumes (1-8)
    Love Hina volumes (1-14)
    Mao-chan 1 and 2
    Negima! (1-38)
    UQ Holder! (1-3)
    Negiho! (1)
    Negima!? Neo (1-7)

Is there more? I think that's everything.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • DAT COVER DOE BRAH

How much I envy thee, man. God damn it. You've got a great collection \o/

This is what I got for myself recently:
    Spoiler:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I haven't gone to the bookstores since September. I'm waaaay behind my manga volumes. :v

I did pick up a couple of Pokemon figures, as well as a bunch of fan-merch from the last convention.

Back