• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Latest Purchases and Stuff!

Years
  • Damn, donavannj, that's a ton of merch. I'll be honest, I know of a place that sells figures and Nendoroids around here, but I'm a poor college student so it ain't happening any time soon, haha.

But really, how much do you earn man

Well, since you're still in school, I'd advise against it, because, well, they are kinda expensive.

Less than the median USA income, but $10,000 more than what I was making last year.

This is madness =D Seriously =D
    No one earning above average can possibly afford all that =D

(I want that Kobato.)

I'm single and earn below the median. Single status probably is where most of my disposable income comes from.

Kobato is positively adorable.

Aaaand I ordered 3 more things as I was posting this. Latest 2 volumes of D-Frag!, which should be here Wednesday, and the Nico playmat I was missing to complete the set I posted above (which should arrive sometime late in April or May).

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    Well I haven't purchased much recently but I collect a lot of figmas and only have a few Nendoroids mostly of Saber from the Fate series.

This one has Saber 1.0 and 2.0 with Kiritsugu, Rider and Rei from Vividred
    Spoiler:

My Steins Gate figures, Oreimo figures and Idolmaster figures....Oh and Asuna from SAO
    Spoiler:

Accel World kuroyukihime, Mikasa AoT, Persona Aeigis and Labrys and can't remember the girl in the back
    Spoiler:

My Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya figmas, and the one in the back is Special edition no.1! first figma made :D
    Spoiler:

My Saber Nendoroid collection almost finished :D
    Spoiler:

My prized possession 3 rare and hard to get Saber Figmas including their PS2/PSP games mint sealed.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • ^When your stuff's in a glass case, it's serious shit right there

I bought the Phantomhive family ring from Black Butler. (Picture to be uploaded later.)

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Well, since you're still in school, I'd advise against it, because, well, they are kinda expensive.

Which is why I said it ain't happening soon lol.

Well I haven't purchased much recently but I collect a lot of figmas and only have a few Nendoroids mostly of Saber from the Fate series.

Dayum plastic cases are serious business.

I'm planning to update my collection album pretty soon, 'cause the third container is filling up which means I'm going to have to re-sort the manga shelves.

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    Which is why I said it ain't happening soon lol.

Dayum plastic cases are serious business.

I'm planning to update my collection album pretty soon, 'cause the third container is filling up which means I'm going to have to re-sort the manga shelves.

Yer my glass cases are serious business but I've always wanted some to store my collectables. I'm going to be adding lights inside and some spin tables to give it a dynamic feel :)

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    lel, must be fun buying figs of characters you don't know =D

It should be Tsubasa from Symphogear.

(And it's A I G I S /アイギス (Aigisu), not Aeigis =))

Now now dont be like that haha I couldn't remember it at the time of posting and I also posted on my iPad at the time so it changed the spelling on some people and I didn't notice.

Years
  • So the D-Frag! volumes I ordered on Sunday came today!

Spoiler:

They're gonna be fun when I get around to reading them. My backlog is now 61 books long! Which is down from the 65 it reached last Friday.

This one has Saber 1.0 and 2.0 with Kiritsugu, Rider and Rei from Vividred
    Spoiler:

My Steins Gate figures, Oreimo figures and Idolmaster figures....Oh and Asuna from SAO
    Spoiler:

Accel World kuroyukihime, Mikasa AoT, Persona Aeigis and Labrys and can't remember the girl in the back
    Spoiler:

My Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya figmas, and the one in the back is Special edition no.1! first figma made :D
    Spoiler:

My Saber Nendoroid collection almost finished :D
    Spoiler:

My prized possession 3 rare and hard to get Saber Figmas including their PS2/PSP games mint sealed.
    Spoiler:

I hereby declare you my merch rival! Okay, not really, that's probably a bad idea on both of our ends...

That's a very nice figure collection you've got there! Is that a detolf shelf you're storing them in?

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    I hereby declare you my merch rival! Okay, not really, that's probably a bad idea on both of our ends...

That's a very nice figure collection you've got there! Is that a detolf shelf you're storing them in?

Yeah I was going to say you have a lot more stuff than me, I just might have a lot of figmas haha. I would collect manga but I tend to read them online as the local shop near me only does the super mainstream manga (AoT, Naruto, One Piece etc) Yep that is some detolf shelving there. I'm not far away from an Ikea shop so :P When you want to display, put them in a lovely glass cabinet :D Like I said in an earlier post I will be having them on spin pads and have lighting in there to make it a lot more presentable.

Years
  • Yeah I was going to say you have a lot more stuff than me, I just might have a lot of figmas haha. I would collect manga but I tend to read them online as the local shop near me only does the super mainstream manga (AoT, Naruto, One Piece etc) Yep that is some detolf shelving there. I'm not far away from an Ikea shop so :P When you want to display, put them in a lovely glass cabinet :D Like I said in an earlier post I will be having them on spin pads and have lighting in there to make it a lot more presentable.

Those figmas aren't cheap, though! I could probably get 10 manga volumes for the price of a single one of those figmas.

I'd actually get a detolf this very second if I had the space for it, but I won't until summer.

Regarding manga, I'd try the bigger chain bookstores for more variety. Or Amazon. Alternatively, import from the USA (but that'd probably get expensive very quickly).

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    Those figmas aren't cheap, though! I could probably get 10 manga volumes for the price of a single one of those figmas.

I'd actually get a detolf this very second if I had the space for it, but I won't until summer.

Regarding manga, I'd try the bigger chain bookstores for more variety. Or Amazon. Alternatively, import from the USA (but that'd probably get expensive very quickly).

Yeah I live in the UK so importing from America is expensive that's why I have to buy my figures from the UK or Europeon union so no import tax is put on. True these figures can be expensive but some most of them were bought on eBay after years of them being out so they were cheaper but there is around £1500 worth in those 2 cabinets.

Years
  • Yeah I live in the UK so importing from America is expensive that's why I have to buy my figures from the UK or Europeon union so no import tax is put on. True these figures can be expensive but some most of them were bought on eBay after years of them being out so they were cheaper but there is around £1500 worth in those 2 cabinets.

That's more figures than I own in net worth!

Though I guess that's technically not worth more than my manga collection.

Also, I kinda grabbed more manga last weekend:
    Spoiler:

Arpeggio of Blue Steel 4
    Kanokon omnibus 7-9
    A Certain Scientific Railgun 10
    Kokoro Connect 3

My wallet hates me so much right now.

Years
  • Some more things came in the mail yesterday. A book I ordered last week, and a playmat I ordered at the beginning of the month.

Black Cat Volume 15
    Spoiler:

The cover on this confuses me so very much. I'm pretty sure she's never actually a mermaid at any point in the series.

And then the Nico playmat from the Love Live! Weiss Schwarz playmat set I had a near-complete set of from the anime convention I went to last month:
    Spoiler:

I'm 90% certain this is the last stuff I'll be getting for a few weeks. Gotta replenish my spending reserves.

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    It has been a long time since I bought my last figma but this time I bought 3. I am a fan of K-On in some regard but I especially loved their fun characters the show had created especially Mio. I found Mio on ebay from one of my reliable sellers of figma. She is rare to find and he had Mugi and Yui as well so I bought the 3. I still have 4 more to go to complete the set but it seems that will be my next target.

Spoiler:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Well, at Nashicon a couple weeks ago I bought the following:

Sailor Mercury figurine
    Sailor Mercury wallscroll
    Sailor Mercury cellphone charm
    SAO Asuna rubber cellphone charm
    Idolm@ster metal button
    K-on! metal button
    (as well as the convention T-shirt and stick-on decal)
    Yeah, I went on a Sailor Mercury buying binge this time :P And maybe it's the vendors at the southeastern cons I attend, but that Mercury wallscroll was RARE - I've spent the last four or five conventions hunting for it.

Also, about a week after the con, I ordered a Serena (Pokemon) cosplay that should be here in June or July, in time for Otakon or that smaller convention here in Charlotte (Hoshicon) that's a week before Ota.

Years
  • It has been a long time since I bought my last figma but this time I bought 3. I am a fan of K-On in some regard but I especially loved their fun characters the show had created especially Mio. I found Mio on ebay from one of my reliable sellers of figma. She is rare to find and he had Mugi and Yui as well so I bought the 3. I still have 4 more to go to complete the set but it seems that will be my next target.

Spoiler:

Is Mio seriously that rare?

Well, at Nashicon a couple weeks ago I bought the following:

Sailor Mercury figurine
    Sailor Mercury wallscroll
    Sailor Mercury cellphone charm
    SAO Asuna rubber cellphone charm
    Idolm@ster metal button
    K-on! metal button
    (as well as the convention T-shirt and stick-on decal)
    Yeah, I went on a Sailor Mercury buying binge this time :P And maybe it's the vendors at the southeastern cons I attend, but that Mercury wallscroll was RARE - I've spent the last four or five conventions hunting for it.

Also, about a week after the con, I ordered a Serena (Pokemon) cosplay that should be here in June or July, in time for Otakon or that smaller convention here in Charlotte (Hoshicon) that's a week before Ota.

I've found that vendors never have the wallscrolls I'm looking for at cons I go to. So if you're looking for a specific scroll, it's par for the course if you don't find it.

Plus, with Sailor Moon being as popular as it is, it's probably easier and more reliable to move stock through their online stores or their physical stores.

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    Maybe I'm just applying too much practical business logic to it, but wouldn't it follow that there would also be more Mio in circulation since she's more popular, and therefore more of her were made?

I know exactly what your saying and well most figmas aren't made to a massive number yer it is still high but they are classed as a premium figure. If the figma does well they tend to re-release them like they did with mikasa from AoT and with Asuna from SÃO. For example Asuna and Kirito were put into limited run at the time of when they were made. Limited run figures of the main 2 love couple for that years most popular anime at the time madness, as soon as they sold out anyone who then wanted to sell could literally name their price. Now Kirito and asuna have both been re-released.

This hasn't happened with Mio though, she was the most popular character and sold out faster but you still have to remember she is limited run just like any other figma. I have seen her in the past sell anywhere from £55-£80 on her own and the other fetch around £40.

I paid £60 for Asuna last year and later that day got a message from a buyer who missed the auction wanting to offer me £130 for her and I'm not kidding.

Back