• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your least favorite Pokemon in each generation

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    Well, as we all know, every one of us has at least one Pokemon that we dislike the most in each generation. They not seem appealing to you, or they look ugly or something else like that.
    So for me it'll be:

Gen 1: Snorlax
    Reason: Only reason why I hate him is because of facing a numbers of them that only use Curse then Rest which is annoying and that made me never like Snorlax anymore.

Gen 2: Snubbull
    Reason: I don't know... Ugly and not cute at all, in my opinion.

Gen 3: Jirachi
    Reason: Just like Snorlax... But an Iron Head flinching Jirachi made me so mad that I hate Jirachis with all my living passion now.

Gen 4: Gallade
    Reason: The Pokemon I hate the most... Why? Well.. Lol, on a shipping arguement where I support BlazikenXGardevoir and hate GalladeXGardevoir shipping the most... Lol... I don't really know how to explain.. I'm so weird.

Gen 5: Enbouh
    Reason: Okay, first, we got Blaziken, then Infernape, and now Embouh... Getting abit unoriginal plus ugly and we got alot of pig Pokemon already. So I don't really like him in my opinion.

There.
    How about you? What is your least favorite Pokemon in each generation?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Gen I: Pidgey. I found it hard to use in FR/LG and wanted to use Spearow instead. IMO, Pidove is just as hard to use. Zubat and Geodude are on the list to an extent because of their sheer numbers.

Gen II: Hoothoot. Its offensive stats are poor, even for in-game purposes.

Gen III: Snorunt and Glalie. They may have balanced stats, but they're too low.

Gen IV: Bidoof and Bibarel, for poor stats and all-round derpiness.

Gen V: Patrat and Miruhog. They're the hardest regional rodents to use, IMO. Maggyo is an honorable mention because it's plain ugly.

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    Gen I: Hitmonchan. I JUST HATE IT. Also, Muk.

Gen II: I absolutely detest Marill. And Shuckle. Marill is annoying, and Shuckle is such a pain to battle.

Gen III: The entire Slaking/Vigoroth/whatever line. Plusle and Minun are awful too.

Gen IV: LUCARIO. Oh my God the bane of Pokemon. I have to say I don't like Gallade much either. Or Bibarel. Or Rhyperior or Hippodown. yeah...but Lucario takes the hate.

Gen V: Crimgan, 'nuff said. Also the Meerhog thing.

Years
    Gen 1: Zubat
    Reason: They're EVERYWHERE in caves, so annoying.

Gen 2: Girafarig
    Reason: Ew, I just hate this guy so much.

Gen 3:
    Solrock.
    Reason: Super ugly and pointless.

Gen 4: Probopass
    Reason: Again, ugly and pointless.

Gen 5: Maggyo
    Reason: ... what is that?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Gen I:

Beedrill.

Crap, freaks me out (It looks like a wasp, I don't like wasps) and those bug catchers with Weedle keep poisoning Squirtle...

Gen II:

Hoothoot.

It's horrendous to use, but Hypnosis always gets me when battling them. I really like Noctowl's design, and its moves aren't bad either, but I can't stand levelling up a Hoothoot.

Gen III:

Solrock.

I dislike its' appearance, although it's a good counterpart to Lunatone. However, as I had Emerald, I couldn't get Lunatone (whose design I actually like), I was stuck with this, which furthered my dislike. However overall, I like this more than other pokémon mentioned in this post.

Gen IV:

Finneon & Lumineon.

There are many pokémon I dislike in Gen IV for certain reasons. There're about 50% I like, 50% I dislike. But these two, at the moment, annoy me. I mean, they're nothing special - other water pokémon get the odd bug move, such as Mantine. The fact that they're pure water-type is their one distinguishing feature, but I just don't like them. They don't look too bad, I just don't like them.

Gen V: Not played yet, so not commenting.

Years
    gen1: mewtwo, meves set sucks in the game

gen2: iggly buff, seems like they where triing to make something up

gen3: feebas, very ugly

gen4:shaymin, it sucks until you change it to sky form

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    Gen I: Farfetch'd and Spearow. Both are useless and ugly.

Gen II: Xatu just bothers me- it looks too much like a totem pole and not Pokemon enough.

Gen III: Nosepass and Snorunt. Why base a Pokemon off of a nose...? And Snorunt is just weird looking, isn't it supposed to be like a hat?

Gen IV: Chingling. Why got out of your way to make a pre-evolution for a Pokemon that already isn't very good, such as Chimecho.

I could go on all day about the Pokemon that frustrate me in Gen V.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    Generation 1: Zubat. They're just about the only thing that appears in caves. Golbat is just as bad.

Generation 2: Unown. So useless it isn't even funny.

Generation 3: Nosepass. They're hard to find and has a terrible movepool. Even it's evolution doesn't make up for it.

Generation 4: Glameow. It's ugly, overused by Galactic Grunts, hard to catch, and is pretty mediocre all around. Purugly is a bit better in terms of strength, but in terms of look...

Generation 5: Crimgan. It's essentially useless unless you wanted to use a Rugged Helmet or whatever, but it has average defenses and Garchomp does it better. It's essentially overshadowed by... Every dragon type. Even Altaria.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    Generation I - Drowzee
    I just... never liked it. It kind of freaks me out to be honest. You won't ever be seeing me train one of these for more than just trying to get Hypno for my Pokedex.

Generation II - Magcargo
    I had to think about this one a little bit. But it would probably have to be this guy. If not this guy, then Tyranitar due to overpower reasons.

Generation III - Salamence
    Flygon is better in my opinion, kthnksbye

Generation IV - Croagunk
    I used to dislike this Generation as a whole. However, I eventually started to grow more friendly towards this generation. As for this guy though... yeah don't ever expect to like this weird... frog... thing.

Generation V - Maggyo
    Just... what the heck are you?

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    Generation 1: Wigglytuff- I find it to be an annoying pink blob that has no purpose.

Generation 2: Shuckle- Nothing about it is good or cool at all.

Generation 3:
    Slaking- Enough said.

Generation 4: Carnivine- Another grass type with no moves to back up its decent offensive stats. Plus it has a huge head.

Generation 5: Archeos- It burns my eyes looking at it and it has one of the worst abilities ever.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    Gen I: Gyarados. I've never liked its design or its typing. I'd rather keep a Magikarp.

Gen II: I honestly have a hard time picking a least favorite because I like pretty much all of them. I'd probably go with Pineco, just because I've always found it to be annoying to train.

Gen III: So many choices. The Regis and Huntail are the top of the list for me here.

Gen IV: Probopass. Just...that mustache. Regigigas is an honorable mention here.

Gen V: I haven't played any of the games yet, but Chaobuu/Enbuoh are pretty ugly. There's a long list of Pokemon I really don't like the design for in this generation, but there are also some I really like, so I guess it evens out.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Uhh lets see

Generation I

Electric/Steel, that is one hellova combo to take down. So many depressing memories, my poor Pidgeot.

Generation II

:\ Im not too fond of this pokemon for a lot of reasons.

Generation III

Curse you Roxanne! And to top it off this thing is a pain in the tucas to find.

Generation IV

o.o It scares me. Lets just leave it at that.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Gen1- Clefable
    gen2- Unown (My most hated one)
    gen3- luvdisc
    gen4- Chatot
    gen5- Maggyo (God awful thingamadig)

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
    Gen 1 - Oddish. Keeps popping out everywhere. I like it's other forms though.

Gen 2 - Igglybuff. I don't even know what it is...

Gen 3 - Wynaut. Reminds me too much of the Hilary Duff song.

Gen 4 - Lopunny... You know what I mean.

Gen 5 - Minezumi. Looks like a cracked out meerkat/beaver thing. Just look at the eyes!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Gen I: Not a fan of Gastly.
    Gen II: Go away, Blissey.
    Gen III: Shuppet. They gang up on me. :<
    Gen IV: Bidoof. Happiny. Rhypherior. Magnezone. OH GOD PROBOPASS
    Gen V: None yet.

Ayselipera

Generation I - I always seem to be at a three way tie with Ditto, Farfetch'd, and Lickitung. After re-watching the whole first season of the anime though I found Farfetch'd to be exceptionally annoying.

Generation II - I hate primate based Pokemon and Aipom is no exception. The hand for a tail always weirded me out. Plus it has a really creepy smile and eyes. :(

Generation III - Kecleon always had this creepy vibe about it too. I just could never come around to it and I've always hated its ability and the way it looks. Then if you forget all of that it's just such a boring Pokemon to deal with.

Generation IV - Pachirisu of course. It's my least favorite Pokemon of all time so it wasn't hard to think of it. :D It's another Pikachu copy, but more annoying then all the others. Whenever I encountered one it would always use Thunder Wave and then Spark me to death. We've had a bad history together. :(

Generation V - I could name a few, but at the moment it has to be Roobushin for being one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. It would be a thousand times better if it wasn't holding two giant cement cylinders and if it wasn't covered in pink vein looking bulges.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Gen. I- Chansey
    reason: I never could catch one. it would always say ball miss and I get mad.

Gen. II- Ledyba/ledian
    reason: Its a very weak bug type Pokemon.. .

Gen. III- Tropius
    reason: Didn't seem to catch one ever. It was never a bond to me in any of my teams...

Gen. IV- chimchar/monferno/infernape
    reason: fire/fighting type? another one just like blaziken! wow

Gen. V- fire starter
    reason: we don't need more fire/fighting types... plus the 3rd form looks lame.

Years
    Gen I: Mr. Mime
    ... is a scary man in a clown costume.
    Gen II: Aipom
    Not cute at all. I don't like monkeys.
    Gen III: Slaking
    It has an ugly face, especially the nose.
    Gen IV: Ambipom
    I don't trust those grabby hands and that look on its face.
    Gen V: Roobushin
    All the reasons I mentioned above also apply to this guy.

Twiggity Twang

Ruler of the Ice Boundary
    Years
    Gen I:

Umm...Why? Why are you here? You just...Lick smaller Pokémon...Like a fat pedophile...

Gen II:

Corsola...WTF? You don't learn any good moves, you have bad stats, and your males are ashamed of themselves. Plus, your design is horrid. Looks like a pink and white virus.

Gen III:

Bouncing Psychic Pig?
    .......................lolwut?

Gen IV:

Chingling, WHY DO YOU EXIST? If Chimecho needed anything, it was to not suck. I mean, they might as well have made a prevo for Mawile. Actually...That would still be better. Chingling, you deserve to have your tongue ripped out and be buried alive, bleeding profusely from the sides of your head. Least favorite Pokemon ever.

Gen V:
    OR

...Do I need to say it?

Back