• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Life Companion

EliteNeutrono37

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • If you could have a Pokemon as a friend/roommate/bodyguard/whatever, which would it be and why? I would choose Dragonite because he's loyal, strong, intelligent and awesome.

Also, no legendaries. This isn't meant to be a game; please try to make your answer a sentence or two, and it doesn't go in any order. Finally, try to base your decision on personalities or traits. Don't just say you'll pick a pokemon just because you like it. LUCK!

Last edited:

Ayselipera

This sort of resembles an already active thread about Pokemon you would like to own, but if this thread continues to be more about the traits and personalities of each chosen Pokemon and not just, "I pick Pikachu because it's my favorite!" then I'll leave it open.

Anyways I would choose Jynx as my life partner since it's one of the more intelligent Pokemon. That being it can understand human speech. Also it seems like a rather loyal Pokemon, at least from what I've seen in the anime. Besides that we could both enjoy the cold weather together. :3

Last edited:
    Years
  • Arcanine! What could be more loyal than a dog Pokémon? And what's more awesome than a gigantic dog that you could ride (and that could spit fire on command)?

Aside from that, Dragonite or Salamence would also be awesome! I'd love to go for rides through the air. ;)

Years
  • Hmm... maybe a Houndoom because it would make an excellent guard dog, and I'd love to gain its trust/respect :)

I was going to say a Meowth because I could talk to it - but then I remembered not all Meowth can do this lol!! :D

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Houndoom, It would make a perfect body guard. Its looks are intimidating :] Having a guard dog seems common, and they are loyal, but this isnt just any dog. Its a pokemon! Ugh bad joke...

Plus my dog can spit fire, can yours?

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    Gardevoir, since it's so in tune that it'd be able to sense my feelings, and plus they're super-loyal and protective.

Huzzah!

Ballos's Reluctant Servant
    Years
  • I would go with Typlosion because he could keep me warm if I'm cold, and fight off enemies with a strong Eruption. And I've always wanted a weasel as a pet.:)

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • That's such a hard question but after a lot of deciding I'd go with a Squirtle. I'm a bit attached to water types and the ocean in general, though I don't like to go swimming much. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    That's tough... right off the bat, it'd be between bulbasaur, raichu, jolteon, or sneasel.....
    but right now im in the mood for Sneasel. On any other day, i'd say bulbasaur. they're tough, cute, and nice to cuddle with~! :p

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I would choose Dragonair. I would choose it not only because I like how it looks, but it would be cool to ride around in the sky with it and it seems like a loyal, trustworthy pokemon.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I'd have to choose a Buizel, it seems quite fun to play with aswell been a decent battler

Katja

Years
  • Ninetales because I like the Japanese folklore and I could hide in his/her fluffy tails. Q______Q

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • Cyndaquil, because it's cute. And also I'd be able to read at night in bed (secretly) with Cyndaquil's flame light. I just hope I won't accidentally burn the book...

Tremonal

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
  • For me, it'd be an Altaria. Bird Pokemon are just awesome. Also, my mom used to sing me to sleep, and I'd love a Pokemon who's kind and caring, and has an amazing singing voice.
    + points for fluffy cloud feathers.

Back