• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your living arrangements

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • Currently with my mom, since well, I have no reason to look for my own flat for myself alone in my own city when my family already owns one. Last year I was living in a (really spacious) house with about 9 housemates in Buenos Aires.

Years
  • I live in a four bedroom house with my mother and sister, the spare room is occupied either by the cat (she claimed it, we did not give it to her) or by close family friends who live in the country when they come to the city (a mother and daughter).

I honestly really happy right now, I don't have too many expenses (which is good because I can spend the little money I have on things like uni, dancing and the odd social outing) and I get along really well with my family bar a few minor things (like the girlfriend they don't know I'm still dating shhhh).

Right now I'm not in a hurry to move out but once I have got my business going and finished my degree the plan is to get a small house with said girlfriend. That's a long way in the future though really.

Last edited:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I live with my parents and my younger brother. It's Asian culture for children to live under their parents' roof until they get married and find a stable job. I also still depend on my parents financially since I do not yet have a job and am still studying, so I have no choice either way.

Years
  • Living in the new 4 bedroom house with my parents. It'd be a shame if they kicked me out before I got a taste of how roomy it is :P I'd only move out once I got a full-time job, which I'm hoping is 4 years from now. As for getting roommates, never in an Anglo, distance-culture country. Well maybe as long as the people come from a culture that isn't so big on individualism and all.

Years
  • i live on my own in my sisters trailer. it was two bedroom but i did some renovations before moving in and turned it into a one bedroom ^.^ i do not want anyone living with me family or not. i had my brother stay over one night and then next morning i was like okay your not staying here go to the house (our parents) it is literally a minute walk away lol yes i can see my parents house when i look out my window. but i take care of my own expenses and can't imaging living with a room mate even a significant other. i need the independent experience. i lived at home my whole 21 years of life lol so being on my own now is like freedom lol but i still go over to the house everyday to make lunch for my dad.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I still live with my parents, because I think if I moved out, it wouldn't be long before I was on the streets. They wouldn't get rid of me just like that; they need me for a lot of different things.

Years
  • I live in a college dorm, in the middle of a suite with five other people, but my parents live less than ten minutes away. I'm not exactly the most straight person when it comes to taking care of my room, however.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • I live with my mother, one of my sisters, and two brothers. My mother and I made a deal that I can stay with her until I graduate from uni and get a decent full time job. So there is that. ^^

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2015
    I live with a roommate. I've lived with roommates basically ever since I left my mom's house. Occasionally I'll housesit for friends and family though

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I've been living on my own for 8 years now.

When I went to college, I had a dorm room. At first, I went back to my parents' every week end, but then I gradually reduced my visits to roughly once a month.

After graduating and getting a job I moved into a small apartment that, sure, was twice as big as the dorm room, but also was very close to the rail road, so I could hear the train pass by. I managed to stay there for a year and a half before finally getting a mortgage and buying a bigger apartment in a nice neighborhood.

The only help I get from my parents today is advice :) . I guess I'm more or less able to keep myself alive on my own now.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I live at home with my family, if you want to call it that. I hate it, but right now I honestly can't afford to move out on my own.

I lived on my own for a good six, going on seven months, but I had to move back in with my dad because our job was closing and I needed some form of security. I should have known better than to move back home, because all I deal with is constant verbal abuse (whether to me, or to my brothers) and some pretty heated arguments.

Years
  • Technically I live with my dad and sister at home, even though he's at his girlfriend's place 6 nights a week, so it's like he's not even here. With him being gone all the time, my sister's friend moved in (who I don't really get along with, but that's another story), and they'll both be staying here for a while.

Hopefully all that should be a moot point anyway, as I plan on getting my own place by the 1st of November. Worst case scenario would be moving on either Nov. 15 or Dec. 1, but I can't wait to have a place to myself, as I like my personal space in the evenings after work.

Years
  • Because life punched me in the face, repeatedly, I now live at home with my mother and older sister. I hate it and I can't wait to get back on my feet and move out again. Living on my own was ballin'.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • All on my own. Wait, that's a lie. I live with my dog that woke me up with a close-up of her mug this morning. I got enough space, and my neighbors don't annoy me much. I see 'em every once in awhile and chat 'em up though. I kind of miss having neighbors that just want to talk all the time and know what's going on in the neighborhood. That's been long gone for some time now though.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • Currently, it's my fiancé, daughter, and my older brother. Thank god it's about to change. My brother is the laziest person ever and put me and my fiancé ridiculously behind on our own bills, because he couldn't pay his own, but man oh man, he just could not live without having his $30 shampoo and weekly prowls at the bar.

Eats everything, never cleans up, constantly bums money off us. Grew up in the same house and I have no idea what the hell happened.

Next year looks ****ing bright. I eagerly look forward to it.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I live in my parent's basement and contribute $160/mo for groceries. I am actively working to get out of here ASAP.

REALFireEagle

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I live in my great aunts house and renting a room for nearly half a grand. I also live with eight others which are mostly cousins. I am thinking of living on my own but since I have some personal issues I have to take care of I can't.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I live with my parents and twin brother. I buy my own groceries and pay a very cheap sum for rent/bills. Some nights my parents are all up in my space and annoying me. Other nights I'm home alone and it's too quiet. I'd like to think my job is stable so next step is finding a roommate and a place...

Back