• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Love is my Drug..

Umbreon_

muwahh
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Have you ever been obsessed with love? Why? <3

Discuss. *heart pounds fast*

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • What you've got boy, is hard to find~

Well, you can say I've never been obsessed with love,
    but finding somebody has always been a dream of mine.

You know, since hormones kicked in.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY
    THE RUSH IS WORTH THE PRICE I PAY

Um, I am obsessed with "you'll be screaming love" actually being correct, as oppossed to no, etc.

EDIT: This song just came on!!!!

Last edited:

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    No. Love is a word used too much these days. I love my family, my God, and his word, and that's all, really.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Not with love itself. I do like this one person (me and my old girlfriend broke up, but I understood why. I saw it coming.) and she's really nice. I'm just really nervous about telling her my feelings. Why am I nervous? Probably due to this one really big factor that makes us being together almost impossible. >_>

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Not with love itself. I do like this one person (me and my old girlfriend broke up, but I understood why. I saw it coming.) and she's really nice. I'm just really nervous about telling her my feelings. Why am I nervous? Probably due to this one really big factor that makes us being together almost impossible. >_>

I hope you don't mind my curiousity, but,
    what's this "Big factor" you're speaking of....?

Years
  • Hmmm... tough question. I'm in love but I don't know if necessarily obsessed. I'm not sure if obsession is even a good thing.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I'm not obsessed with love, but the love of my life is important to me to the point that when I see things around me, I think about how these things might make him happy, or how nice it would be to experience these things together.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • ^ What he said.

If you're obsessing over not being in a relationship and it screws up your day, your priorities are a bit skewed.

Love comes naturally. If you don't have someone, it means you've just met incomptable individuals in your days - or, you're surrounded by jerks. Either way, you haven't met "the one" yet and you shouldn't substitute it with temporary relationships that mean nothing.

Patience is a virtue and you'll be happier having waited than having jumped into random, thoughtless, loveless relationships.

Just my two cents.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I was, once. It was one of the biggest wastes of my life, because in the end, it was like having a crush on the idea of love. And it didn't get me anywhere.
    Real love isn't something you can even obsess over. To even be truly in love means that you're mature enough to understand that obsession is nothing but a bad thing. In my humble opinion.

Kenpari

¯\(°_o)/¯ I DUNNO LOL
    Years
  • I've never really been obsessed with love. Not to say I've never been "in love" before. Not sure if you mean obsessed with having love or with a person you think you love, but I've never really experienced either.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    Have I ever been in love? I guess you can read this true story that I wrote (just now lol) to determine that one....

Back in highschool I had this girl I knew. She was young, as was I. She was 17, I had just turned 16. I'd see her every day, had since my Freshmen year. Blond hair, shoulder length, busty, taller gal, and those amazing legs of hers. Her laugh, though. That's what got me every time. I was so entranced that I ended up taking Drama classes just so I could hope to see her, as I knew she was in Drama. Her smile. I'd watch her on stage, acting her lines out and I'd make sure to not go for any parts so I could watch her on stage. Her smile. She'd jump, and dance and act out all of her parts. Her smile. I just sat and watched.

Until one day.

I finally manned up. I finally asked her for her number, as I'd like to hang out with her sometime. She obliged and handed me those seven digits that would change my life. Ringing. The phone just kept ringing. Until then.. I heard her. That voice, beautiful voice of hers. It truly was as if an Angel were speaking to me through those cyber, electrical wires of the telephone. We talked and talked until the sun came up, and then talked about how we had just talked for so long. I had never been so happy in my life. I told her I'd see her tomorrow.

I walked into Drama class to see beautiful Lauren just sitting there, next to where I sit. I went and sat next to her and we talked. My friend, Keith, sat on my other side, snickering quietly because he knew how fallen for Lauren I was. I was mad about her. Finally I decided I had the courage to talk to her, so I told her to meet me at lunch. The lunch bell rang and I made my way out to the parking lot so I could smoke a cigarette before talking to her. The wind harshly splashed my face, as if telling me to go back into the building. I disregarded the winds direction, and lit the end of my cigarette. Slowly letting the tar caress my lungs I found my confidence: I was going to ask her on a date.

I put my cigarette out and went back into the school. I made my way to the lunchroom and bought a can of Coke. Lauren. She was right there. She signaled over to me to go to her table, but I wanted it to be more private. That way if she declined me I could simply just slip away and go home early. I signaled outside of the Lunchroom and saw her stand up to follow. I found a nice quiet place and told her I had a lot of fun the other night.

"I did too" she said. The feeling of hearing this woman say she had fun with me was like someone had just injected me with PCP. Knowing she had fun talking to me gave me the strength needed to ask...
    "Would you like to maybe go out sometime? My treat?" She agreed.

Our date consisted mostly of us walking, looking at things and talking. But the big important part was in that field. You see, I was wearing a hat. A Red Sox hat. She had taken it and run off, playfully. So I chased her down and lightly tackled her. Landing on the ground next to her, while holding her. My heart began to pound and then it happened. Without a moments warning, she kissed me. I didn't even think, I just kissed back. My whole body warmed as if I were in a geyser. Eruptions, the ground was shaking and I didn't care. Nothing in this world mattered but this moment.

The night ended.. and she eventually went home. I laid down, to sleep.

Two years after that happened I was still madly in love. She was still everything to me. I, however, was struggling in school and struggling with some issues in my life. All I had going for me was my relationship with her, and my friendship with her mother. Until one day.

Nathan. My best friend Nathan.

I was at home, struggling my way through some of my homework. School was almost over, I was almost done with Highschool if I could just finish this paper. Lauren and Nathan were out eating at some dive. I trusted Nathan with her because he was my best friend, so I knew he wouldn't do anything to abandon my trust. I get a call, right as I am finishing up my homework. It's Lauren.

She sounds sad. why does she sound sad? I can't stop thinking about it. She keeps talking, asking me questions and I just cannot answer her. Why is there sadness in her voice? Ignoring her question, I ask her "What is wrong, hun?" She replies, saying nothing. She's lying. Now she's lying to me. What happened, Lauren is never sad. I feel it's important to tell you that since I met Lauren I had never seen her sad before. Sure, I may have overreacted but it was natural to do so with Lauren as I had -never- seen her sad before this moment.

"Is everything oka-" - cut off. Stopped and what followed was the most painful thing I had ever heard.
    "Nathan and I had sex." End. My heart. Not. Beating. Can't. Breathe. Worse, is that she continued.
    "It's not that I meant to, it just kind of happened. Neither of us meant to.. I just was feeling alone with you busy all the time.."
    Busy. I'm busy all of the time. So, she f**ks my best friend. That makes sense, I tell myself. Everything slowly panned out, and I just hung up.

It's now ten years after I heard her tell me that. After my world as I knew it ended. I never did move on and I to this day love her as much as when I first saw her. She and Nathan got together for a while and eventually did split. She began to see men rapidly, at such a rapid pace that I couldn't keep up with what her new boyfriends names even were. She has a baby now, Eisley. She's the most beautiful baby girl.

She has a baby, and happiness.
    I have heartache, ten years later.

AikuSeverin

Dark Trainer
    Years
  • well at one point i used to long for someone to be in love with, and all that jazz, but as of late, ive grown out of it, i honestly dont want to be with someone, i dont really feel anything for anyone anymore, as emo as that sounds, it aint asif im sad, im not, its just yea, i cant really feel anything for anyone, so i guess its probably better off for me, since most of my ex's cheated or otherwise

loves is dangerous, it can make or break a person

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Obsessed with love? As in losing someone you love more than anyone or anything and trying effortlessly to regain them, only to find their mind's been clouded with drugs and they've been blinded away from what real love is? Watched them fall and attempted to help them back up when they refused and denied every move you made and everything you said? That obsession? Well, that's more of an obsession with not letting love go, and to such a stupid thing. But of course, if it's gonna happen like that, then maybe there was someone on the other side that you've been missing out on for some time.

Years
  • Obsessed with love? As in losing someone you love more than anyone or anything and trying effortlessly to regain them, only to find their mind's been clouded with drugs and they've been blinded away from what real love is? Watched them fall and attempted to help them back up when they refused and denied every move you made and everything you said? That obsession? Well, that's more of an obsession with not letting love go, and to such a stupid thing. But of course, if it's gonna happen like that, then maybe there was someone on the other side that you've been missing out on for some time.
    The only thing I love are my country, my friends, and mostly all of the guys and girls on these forums.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Obsession over love is unhealthy. Obsession over anything is unhealthy.
    I agree with you, EN.

Obsession just leads to stress when the other person doesn't meet your standards, and more often than not you're going to get hurt a lot more than usual. Been there, done that. Now, I'm just relaxed over everything. I don't rush into relationships with every hot girl I see because I just want to be loved, unlike a lot of people I know.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Obsession over love is unhealthy. Obsession over anything is unhealthy.

pretty much the answer to the thread.

However, I can understand how people can become obsessed with love. One taste of it and you'll be wanting more forever. The trick is limiting yourself with the taste.

Back