• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Your Moment in the GB games that you that you thought your game was broken.

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
Years
  • Mine would be when i rested the game and all the sprites of ever pokemon/trainers was like a misingno or and M turned it off came back 5 mins later worked fine. (this was on pokemon red)

Thorazine Corazon

Defective Masterball
    Years
  • First time I played red I was a dumb little kid and my super-cool-awesome Pidgy I just caught got poisoned. The screen did the poison thing it always does when you walk around in the overworld while poisoned and I was like 'Mooooom! My game is broken!!!!' then I healed it and felt like an idiot.

Other than that, my crystal deleted itself and stopped saving for a month then miraculously started again. I figure there was something loose or something, I dunno.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Poison thing, like everyone else. Also, the first time I heard Screech. I thought I was going to die.

Years
  • When i met a glitch trainer (Blaine i think) in Pokemon Blue while trying to multiply my items via the Missingno Glitch. The game froze during the battle. I restarted and my savefile was gone. I was really thinking i broke the game by running into a glitch trainer, i thought it had a virus from now...

mahamaniac3

Owner of Pokemon Jett Version
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2015
    In silver when this trainer used confusion, it made my QUILAVA back sprite wobble and made a funny noise!

I then realised it's an attack lol :)

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I turned on my Crystal version once, and it said 'New Game' and 'Options'. I panicked, turned it off and back on, and my save file came back, and it never gave me that problem again until the internal clock died.

TheNameLess

Unknown Trainer
    Years
  • I oftenly got a message *in colour?* This game is only for game boy colour please do not try to put this game into a normal gameboy.

also I traded a freligator called w!?!?!!?!!?!!?!!!!!!!???!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

and my game froze everytime I saw it... So I finally released it because although it was lvl 100 I thought it was pretty annoying

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
  • For some reason that poison thing never happened to me (and i was 6)
    Also when i was 10 i got pokemon green and i traded a level 47 pegoet for a machoke (cause you it envoles into mew) then my game glitched so i started a new game and it works fine.com

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • xD
    Doing MissingNo. without knowing how . So I shouted "Pal , your GB is brooken !" -> It was my friend's Red and GB (we were 5...) and he came and rested and he didn't save almostt at all... He got so nervous ;_;

CRaTeR

Emperor of Aragon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2015
    I was six. I got poisoned.
    I thought the batteries were running low. I changed them. It still flashed. I changed them again and it still flashed. Scared me out of my mind.

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years
  • That poison thing!!!!
    I was playing with my Yellow Version, I forgot who got poisoned at that time but while I was walking, the screen flashed and I said to my brother:"What's going on? Is the game broken?!" And he said:"Maybe you moved the cartriged!" So, it tooked out the cartridge and put it back and the screen still flashed...!I was completely freaked out and almost cried there...!

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    Mine was probably when I heard Pikachu's thundershock for the first time.

I was looking at the TV and I thought my game had frozen or something.

I also had the poison experience too, that seriously freaked me out.

Years
  • Blue Version:: I actually did that Missingno thing without knowing it was the Missingno thing. Only it was Safari Zone Pokemon on the shore I was getting attacked by. Oh hi, Chansey. Understood the Missingno thing by looking on the net.

Gold Version:: When I heard the Lake of Rage and Unown radio settings for the first times.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • When a kid on the bus ripped out my red from the gameboy because I wouldn't let him play it. I turned it on and my game was all messed up and I freaked out.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    oh my gosh, that poison thing happened to me too, of course! it seems like everyone has that happen to them when they first get poisoned. xP

also, one time i was playing my cousin's illegal/hacked copy of either red or blue (i don't remember) and for a minute, all of the people looked like me! all their little sprites were the same as the hero. i panicked, thinking i had broken my cousin's game (which i didn't realize was a hacked version) and i shut off the game. when he turned it back on, everything was fine and i was relieved

Back