• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your Most Outrages Find on the GTS?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    A level 16 Snubbull for any Latios. I had two of them so I thought I might as well make the offerer happy and traded myself the Snubbull. =P I also got an Adamant Heracross with nearly perfect Speed for a freshly hatched Gible.
    I put my dialga up to trade fora Palkia. When I went back on I got a Palkia that knew Surf, Strength and Cut. What is the point in giving it those moves.
    The point to give it those moves is to make it an HM slave. That, or to trade to random people on the GTS who hopefully don't know about the move deleter.

Years
    ZOMFG,i saw a french heracross asking for any beautifly, i saw one in my box and i said "yesh,one more to my collection :>" when the trading scene(sp?) appered, i realized i gave him a SHINY beautifly, but meh, i always hated her,but she got me a french hera :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2008
    I dnt personally see what the attraction is with foreign pokemon, but thats just me. someone wanted a level 100 Rotom for a level 1 combee that was male lol.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2008
    Only thing is that if you eveolve that jap magicarp its name will just be plain old english gyarados, sux.

im4everJoey

Training Nerd
    Years
    • MA
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    i got lots of lvl 100 japansese pkmon for lvl 1 american ones!
    like i got a lvl 100 lucario japanese!!!!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    The point to give it those moves is to make it an HM slave. That, or to trade to random people on the GTS who hopefully don't know about the move deleter.

But who would use a Legendary for a HM slave.

Anyway. I went on the GTS earlier. I was looking for any random things. I saw a shiny Horsea on offer for any luxray. So I decided to trade for it. Not a bad deal.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    But who would use a Legendary for a HM slave.
    How about someone who wouldn't train it anyway? Or what if the Palkia had a Brave Nature with 0 - 5 IVs in all stats? What if someone just wants to fool little kids into believing they got a great trade from the GTS? There are dozens of reasons.

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
    My most outrageous find on the GTS...either was my legit Japanese Shiny Mew for a Cherubi, or my legit Shiny Ho-oh for a Jirachi. Or it might be the several Celebi, Mew, and Jirachi I get everyday...I have a bunch of others, but I can't remember right now. x_x

And I personally use legendaries as "HM Slaves". I'm, at the moment, alternating between a Shiny Latias and a Shiny Ho-oh for HM moves, with Suicune covering the rest of the HM moves.

There's two very good reasons to give HM moves to legendaries:

1) By normal standards, you wouldn't use most legendaries in battles under standard rules.
    2) There's always Heart Scales, and you don't have to worry about egg moves with legendaries. Only special Event legendaries have moves that should never be replaced. Otherwise, go ahead and teach HM moves over the other moves, and just reteach the lost moves later, if you want.

Togefan

Toge Master ^_^
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2012
    i traded a lvl 16 dratini for a lvl 60 glalie once o.o

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2007
    Oh I had a lot lol:

(I was trading the second Pokemon)

1) Munchlax for a Bidoof
    2) Shiny Mew for a Mew
    3) Suicine for a Mantyke