• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Most Unexpected Pokemon Power House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    tentacruel seriously? O_O definitely not what i was expectin

i agree Rotom can be killer

rofl at the killer sandshrew, i used to use sandshrew on yellow, havent used it since sadly T^T

Fizz! i do that too usually with my beginner, but the D/P/Pt series hasnt got a good fire beginner so this time around my gorebyss must pick up the slack lol

dunsparce rocks!

blisseys horrible defense always turns me off ^^"

Emilio~ my fiancee says Espeon is the best lol

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    My Rampardos. I was surprised with its power. Took out Cynthia's Spiritomb in one Head Smash.

:surprised: whoa!
    i might wanna try that lol

i thought of another one of mine:
    my gold caterpie on firered (no lie i got a shiny caterpie i was like holy MFSOMFG :) )
    and once it evolved into butterfree it was unbeatable, it took out misty on its own,& gave lt.surge a run for his money on its own

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    My Rampardos. I was surprised with its power. Took out Cynthia's Spiritomb in one Head Smash.

TBH, not that surprising, seeing as how Spiritomb has terrible HP and Rampardos is renowned to be the Pokemon with the highest base ATK other than Deoxys... Plus STAB.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I Found Magnezone To Be A Good Sweeper.I Was Fighting Cynthia's Milotic.Magnezone Discharged.(At Level 50)Somehow,I Got A Critical Hit.Milotic Was Gone

:surprised: no way! every time i fight milotic with any electric pokemon in the 50s/60s it takes at least 3hits

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Maybe Cause I Maxxed Out It's Attack With Vitamins,Plus Magnezone=Water Resistant Bc Of Electric.Another Reason Could Be I Spammed Screech.Well,Not Spammed,But Used It 3 Times

i never use status moves,i always found them unnecessary risks, ill use status conditions, but status moves i hate risking my pokemon gettin hurt ^^"

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    What About Lock-On Then Zap Cannon?Or Articuno's Mind Reader Then Sheer Cold

never thought of mind reader& sheer cold :embarrass

but i used to use the lock-cannon (as i call it) in gen 2, but so few pokemon learn both, it became obsolete to me :(

Sir Skids Nickelton

Are You SERIOUS!?
    Years
    never thought of mind reader& sheer cold :embarrass

but i used to use the lock-cannon (as i call it) in gen 2, but so few pokemon learn both, it became obsolete to me :(

Get A Team Of-Regi-Ice,Rock,Steel,Metagross,Magnezone Articuno.

All Regis Plus Magnezone,Metagross w/Lock-Cannon And Articuno w/Sheer Cold Mind Reader.Reasons:

Regis: They're Legendary
    Metagross: Pseudo Legendary
    Magnezone: 12 Resistances,1 Immunity
    Articuno-OHKO + Never Miss

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

All Regis Plus Magnezone,Metagross w/Lock-Cannon And Articuno w/Sheer Cold Mind Reader.Reasons:

thats alot of unexpected power houses lol
    never knew the regis were actually worth something other than stallin

thanx mate ^_^

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    ma crobat. i kinda ignored it for awhile but when i played ss, i thought hey y not. and i was suprised by his amazing speed and attack. i usually go for high sp attack so it was cool to see that physical attacks are pretty awesome too.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I crystal my original power house was an unown M. I just liked the look of it. after that I used a pigeot that got all the way up to level 100.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years

This is actually a terrible idea because Regirock, Registeel, Metagross, and Magnezone are all weak to Ground-type attacks and none of them have particularly high Special Defense. Since Zap Cannon is Electric-based, it is very easy to counter this strategy with a Ground-type which is unaffected. Of the six, only two have really good coverage against Ground-type, but they fall against Rock-type attacks, which most Ground-types learn anyway.

To make matters worse, Registeel, Regice, Metagross, Magnezone, and Articuno are all weak to Fire-type attacks -- Heatran with Flamethrower and Earth Power could sweep this team without trouble.

Then, using Zap Cannon on Regirock, Registeel, or Metagross is a waste because they have much higher physical attack stats and they learn A LOT of really good moves that you shouldn't waste on both Lock-on and Zap Cannon. Regice is better off using Ice Beam and Thunderbolt. Magnezone is better off using Thunderbolt too.

That being said, Sheer Cold is banned in competitive gameplay too.

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I never thought my Victreebel in Silver could do massive damage with Sludge Bomb. Even if Razor Leaf if learned really late, it does massive damage at that level too. A really nice Special Attack stat that I never noticed.

Years
    I caught a Wooper (now Quagsire) early on in SS because I needed a water-type. I was amazed. It was immune to electric attacks and restored its own HP when it was hit with a water attack. Now I have it with:

Water Absorb
    --Surf
    --Yawn
    --Earthquake
    --Dig

It makes a great powerhouse for double battles when paired with the right partner. AND it's useful in the field for surfing around and exiting caves. What more could you ask for?

Years
    Politoed. I knew it could be strong, but mine was Jolly.

However, this works to my advantage, but giving Bounce a little bit of power to go with the parahaxxing.

My beloved froggy, Politaro, now runs:

-Hypnosis (when I can't think what will hit it best, I use this to stop it hitting me.
    -Whirlpool (HM, and it traps people, causing them damage, while Perish Song counts down to death, Hypnosis stops the resistance, and I switch to my Dragon Dance Dragonite)
    -Perish Song (once they're trapped, unable to move, and slowly dying all at the same time, I make sure they definitely don't live.)
    -Bounce (Avoids, Paralyses, Damages. What else do I want?)

I used to run Surf/Hyper Voice/Hypnosis/Bounce for more power, but Politaro's much better at the pseudo-hazing. Worked a dream on Lt. Surge when I'd forgot Marowak was in daycare and I was trapped in Kanto.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back