• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Most Unexpected Pokemon Power House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    steathe rock isnt my style, i prefer to use steelix& tyranitar in double battles
    its pretty badass XD

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
    In Emerald, my Swellow was pretty good.

But, I got a Shedinja to help with the PSYCHIC type 7th gym, thinking no moves would hit it because it has Wonder Guard. Big mistake.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Sudowoodo!
    He may have bad speed, but his defense is through the roof, and he has a good attack. A very reliable tank...

except against water,& grass then hes woned in 1hit T^T which makes me hav to restart& try to catch him again.... and again...... and again...... lol

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016

Has anyone said Nidoking?
    I loved my Nidoking in Yellow and Leafgreen.
    He was sosososo awesome.
    He had decent stats and can learn pretty much any TM. :3

Plus, the fella got me through almost all of those games.

lucy_goosey

10 years and counting...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    I was surprised by how tough my little Jigglypuff is! She will smash you with her Mega Punch, can't wait to evolve her :3

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I was surprised by how tough my little Jigglypuff is! She will smash you with her Mega Punch, can't wait to evolve her :3
    jigglypuff gets owned by porygon-Z :P

Has anyone said Nidoking?
    I loved my Nidoking in Yellow and Leafgreen.
    He was sosososo awesome.
    He had decent stats and can learn pretty much any TM. :3

Plus, the fella got me through almost all of those games.
    i prefer nidoqueen
    but i used to raise both all the time, nidoking is badass XD

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    Try Life Orb Sceptile on for size, many don't even realize how fast it is until their up against one. Sceptile's downfall is probably frailty, even on type resisted moves, a good chunk of HP lost can be expected.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Try Life Orb Sceptile on for size, many don't even realize how fast it is until their up against one. Sceptile's downfall is probably frailty, even on type resisted moves, a good chunk of HP lost can be expected.

ive never used life orbs

i wouldnt risk my team like that :P

Years
    Ironically for me, it was Machamp. Back in the day, fighting types were laughable at best.. long before Steel/Dark types and Pyschics could pretty much wtfpwn everything with little effort. The likelyhood of choosing a fighting type for anything seemed like a foolish idea. Well, DP comes around, and I wanted to steer clear of my usual suspects.. namely using pokemon I've always used since the begining of time it seems.. so I give this Machop a chance. He was originally designated to be my Rocksmasher, but over time came to be part of my Elite Four team. He took out Cynthia's Miltoic (I still hate that thing) and a good number of other annoyances the elites had mostly because I was adamant about keeping the Cross Chop/Focus Energy/SM Toss going. Worked out well in the long run. He's actually my highest, most dependable Poke I have currently.

Skuntank would be another. I raised her on the fly at the very end of the game for the elite four. I'm rather proud of her because she's a good staller. Vespiquen was no match with toxic and Smokebomb going.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    My Typhlosion in HG.

When I picked it, it was just because I like fire types and wanted one early on. But he's a proper beast - no other pokemon do I use in the elite 4 more than him. His attacks are surprisingly overwhelming and he's incredibly fast. Levels up fast too ;)

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    My Typhlosion in HG.

When I picked it, it was just because I like fire types and wanted one early on. But he's a proper beast - no other pokemon do I use in the elite 4 more than him. His attacks are surprisingly overwhelming and he's incredibly fast. Levels up fast too ;)

never underestimate the best fire beginner ever :P
    cyndaquil line was the best, simply cuz thier simple easy to raise& can over power anythin if trained correctly :3
    i spent 1week trainin mine against ater types, surprisingly if you hav the pokemon get hit by its weakness eventually itll gain resisstance to it :P

Ayselipera

I've had so many sweeping Pokemon surprises, but the one that comes to mind is Wigglytuff. I used her on either FireRed or LeafGreen (I was semi recreating Blue's team from the Manga) and she was amazing. After defeating the Elite Four I dumped the rest of my Pokemon and brought Wigglytuff through the Sevii Islands with maybe one or two HM slaves. We Hyper Voiced through everything. It was magical. :D

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I've had so many sweeping Pokemon surprises, but the one that comes to mind is Wigglytuff. I used her on either FireRed or LeafGreen (I was semi recreating Blue's team from the Manga) and she was amazing. After defeating the Elite Four I dumped the rest of my Pokemon and brought Wigglytuff through the Sevii Islands with maybe one or two HM slaves. We Hyper Voiced through everything. It was magical. :D

sounds awesome :3
    ive never used jigglypuff for anythin except sing ^^"

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    My new little Sandshrew on my Pokemon Blue team, he killed a level 10 Ratatta in two hits, with scratch. He is also level ten, but I was still impressed, I can't wait until he learns Slash, because it has high Crit ratio.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i just got owned on platinum by a lv19 bibarel who used rollout
    my primplup, my drifloon, and almost luxio got owned back to back
    worst part is it was at 1HP (i caught it after 1greatball, and 13pokeballs)

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    surprisingly, my delibird in SS.

It was only lv. 30, but it would've knocked over any lv. 40.

delibird is badass!!! :3 i lvoe that santa claus :3

plus if taught the right moves, its invincible :P
    also its the ultimate dragon killer lol

Evee dude86

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    Mines wuz Quagmire. I kept em away from Grass types and he PWNED my opponents. Great HP, attack, sp attack, and I gave em quick claw so he surprised many too.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2020
    Avalugg-I wasn't the person who usually uses Pokémon like Avalugg, but I needed a sixth Pokemon for my team still, so I decided to go for an ice type. If I caught an ice type, it would also help me against Raihan, the next gym leader. So I caught Avalugg. It was so much stronger than I expected expected.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back