• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Most Unexpected Pokemon Power House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Unfortunately, Steelix's base Special Attack is 36% lower than its already low Physical Attack, though its Physical attack isn't unusable (but it is pretty bad). It's not recommended you learn Flamethrower, but it could work in-game (definitely not competitively). Since Steelix is mostly Physically defensive, it's best to abuse those stats. His best moves are Stealth Rock and Explosion, as it was what he was meant to do -- set up Stealth Rock, hit the foe a few times with Gyro Ball, then Explode.

https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/steelix

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    He Can Learn Flamethrower!Thanks.Didn't Know That

anytime mate

Unfortunately, Steelix's base Special Attack is 36% lower than its already low Physical Attack, though its Physical attack isn't unusable (but it is pretty bad). It's not recommended you learn Flamethrower, but it could work in-game (definitely not competitively). Since Steelix is mostly Physically defensive, it's best to abuse those stats. His best moves are Stealth Rock and Explosion, as it was what he was meant to do -- set up Stealth Rock, hit the foe a few times with Gyro Ball, then Explode.

https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/steelix

but thats so boring! and wat happens when i hit static..... boom hes paralyzed, i hate watchin my pokemon suffer, so flame thrower rescues him :3
    its the same with altaria, ill teach it dragon claw, fly, ice beam, and flamethrower, sumtimes thunderbolt (or a different special attack i cant remember, but i tihnk its thunderbolt)

Sir Skids Nickelton

Are You SERIOUS!?
    Years
    anytime mate

but thats so boring! and wat happens when i hit static..... boom hes paralyzed, i hate watchin my pokemon suffer, so flame thrower rescues him :3
    its the same with altaria, ill teach it dragon claw, fly, ice beam, and flamethrower, sumtimes thunderbolt (or a different special attack i cant remember, but i tihnk its thunderbolt)

A Fellow Power Brawler,Eh?I Only Use Statuses That Are Entry Hazards,And Lock-Cannon Or Brain Freeze Combos

Years
    My primeape,NN Chuck N.I send him in late battle on wifi as a revenge killer,but I make him hold a life orb so when they send in a new pokemon there's a good chance I can out speed it and KO it with a super effective attack or it's neutral I can u-turn out for some extra damage.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    My primeape,NN Chuck N.I send him in late battle on wifi as a revenge killer,but I make him hold a life orb so when they send in a new pokemon there's a good chance I can out speed it and KO it with a super effective attack or it's neutral I can u-turn out for some extra damage.

thats cruel XD lmao!!! XD

Danikamakaze

★ D a n d a n
    Years
    My Vaporeon in my Platinum game was a tank, he beat the elite four and I was stunned.
    Also my Miltank, at first I loathed them because Whitney's would always slaughter me (most of my party was boys and her Miltank knew attract >_>) But I looked on Serebii at what attacks I could get mine to learn, and I was surprised to see that she could learn Zen Headbutt, and a bunch of other pretty elite moves, I also taught her Blizzard and Thunder so she's a real "Storm" of sorts. (:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    My Vaporeon in my Platinum game was a tank, he beat the elite four and I was stunned.
    Also my Miltank, at first I loathed them because Whitney's would always slaughter me (most of my party was boys and her Miltank knew attract >_>) But I looked on Serebii at what attacks I could get mine to learn, and I was surprised to see that she could learn Zen Headbutt, and a bunch of other pretty elite moves, I also taught her Blizzard and Thunder so she's a real "Storm" of sorts. (:

thats awesome XD id definitely like to see that

i had the same thing male VS female miltank = owned lol

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
    Years
    thats awesome XD id definitely like to see that

i had the same thing male VS female miltank = owned lol

Yeah Whitney´s miltank gave me nightmares when i was 5-6 years old, but another thing:
    Champion Lance took me 3 hours to beat using pokemon with lower levels than his,
    and Trainer Red´s final Battle gives me shivers till today.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Well I would have to say mines was my Armaldo, on Pearl I slayed the elite four with it

i miss my glitched anorith with flame wheel T^T (no lie i was playin emerald, or maybe it was ruby, cant remember anyways my game went all weird on me& my claw fossil was revved with flame wheel XD)

I also have a beedrill when he was only a weedle he managed to beat a doduo all by himself... and he's a "weak bug" that's a one stager...

i like beedrill, love the soulsilver sprite lol

Yeah Whitney´s miltank gave me nightmares when i was 5-6 years old, but another thing:
    Champion Lance took me 3 hours to beat using pokemon with lower levels than his,
    and Trainer Red´s final Battle gives me shivers till today.

Whitney is a pain -_-"
    Lance is a push over, just catch him off guard lol
    Red he was hard, until i got a tyranitar then he fell to his knees before i got warmed up lol

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    While we are still talking about Shuckle, I'm going to repost this so more people can see. It's a scenario that can never happen, but it involves Shuckle being the most powerful Pokemon ever... At least for a turn.

First get:
    Meditite/Medicham/Azurill/Marill/Azumarill + any other Pokemon with Skill Swap
    Cherrim with Helping Hand + Sunny Day
    Shuckle with Power Trick + Defense Curl + Rollout and held Metronome item, maxed DEF EVs.
    Any Pokemon with Screech / Tail Whip, etc.
    Any Pokemon with Swords Dance + Baton Pass

This only works in a double battle. You want to first Baton Pass +6 ATK to Shuckle. Then, you want to Skill Swap Medicham's ability onto Shuckle and have Shuckle use Power Trick. Afterward, send in Cherrim, set up Sunny Day and have Shuckle use Defense Curl. Retreat and use Screech for -6 DEF on an enemy while Shuckle attacks the foes with Rollout. Send Cherrim back out and use Helping Hand on the 5th Rollout. If the foe is a level 1 Yanma or Ledyba and it has negative nature, no IVs or EVs, and you land a critical hit, you should do 213,896,052 damage to it.

Your Shuckle will have:
    Base 230 ATK
    +50% to ATK from Pure Power
    +300% ATK from Swords Dance
    +50% ATK from Flower Gift
    960 base power Rollout 5th hit from Defense Curl
    +50% more power on Rollout from Helping Hand
    +50% more power on Rollout for STAB
    +300% damage from 4x weaknesses of foe
    +100% damage from critical hit
    +50% more damage from Metronome item
    -300% defense on foe from Screech

anytime mate

Except Steelix is supposed to be short-lived! Maybe in-game, it works, but in competitive battle, Steelix's main goal is to set up Stealth Rock and take down at least one foe with Explosion. Additionally, Steelix doesn't fear Paralysis, as his speed is already very low. It might cripple him a little with the 25% proc, but Steelix doesn't have a lot of things to be doing anyway. If you are still skittish about Static, then use Earthquake -- it does less damage, but doesn't trigger the ability.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Except Steelix is supposed to be short-lived! Maybe in-game, it works, but in competitive battle, Steelix's main goal is to set up Stealth Rock and take down at least one foe with Explosion. Additionally, Steelix doesn't fear Paralysis, as his speed is already very low. It might cripple him a little with the 25% proc, but Steelix doesn't have a lot of things to be doing anyway. If you are still skittish about Static, then use Earthquake -- it does less damage, but doesn't trigger the ability.

ill show you short lived when my steelix owns your entire team without blinkin

please people who sacrifice steelix like that dont have common sense, or the brains, and arent even worthy of usin ir,or any pokemon, they have no respect.
    its pathetic.

use stealth rock if you must, but i for one will combo iron tail, dragonbreath, earthquake,& rock slide that alone will own half my opponents, if my steelix has good special attack, ill sub rock slide for flamethrower which will own several more of my opponents.

never underestimate a pokemon just cuz a bunch of worthless idiots with no finesse use it as a suicide bomber.

Sir Skids Nickelton

Are You SERIOUS!?
    Years
    ill show you short lived when my steelix owns your entire team without blinkin

please people who sacrifice steelix like that dont have common sense, or the brains, and arent even worthy of usin ir,or any pokemon, they have no respect.
    its pathetic.

use stealth rock if you must, but i for one will combo iron tail, dragonbreath, earthquake,& rock slide that alone will own half my opponents, if my steelix has good special attack, ill sub rock slide for flamethrower which will own several more of my opponents.

never underestimate a pokemon just cuz a bunch of worthless idiots with no finesse use it as a suicide bomber.

Have It Stealth Rock Until Level 45.Then It Can Do Some REAL Damage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back