• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Music Genre

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I listen to all kind of music genre, as long as I like a song, a genre wouldn't stop me from listening to it. ^__^

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Metal head, brah. \m/

I do listen to dubstep and acoustic every now and then. c:

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    I used to be into metal mostly, but now my tastes are more in rock, punk, alternative, indie and a bit of rap (:

Knight of Time

I like Homestuck
    Years
    Pop Rock for sure
    I like singers like Lilly Allen, Kate Perry, Lady GaGa
    That sing a softer tone
    I like some heavier music too, but I can't understand them most of the time

Years
    I mean, my favorite genres are basically: Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop, and Rap.

I'm also into Jazz songs from the 20-30's. I dunno, I just really enjoy the sound. Classical is also another genre I can listen to, dance, and I guess anything that sounds good to me. I enjoy game soundtracks and movie scores.
    I dislike country (with a few exceptions), metal, and most of the songs in the reggaeton category. I use to like it a little, but then I thought lots of the songs had the same beat, and I didn't really care about it anymore.

Years
    Music from the Baroque, Classical, and Romantic era are among my top.

Although works from the Modern period (that includes Cold War) are excellent as well, just wish this kind of music is more popular. I do listen to Globus, and Metal of various genres(This being Gothic Metal), Power Metal, Folk Metal, and Bands that will be popular this year, especially in USA and Mexico for historical and consumerist reasons.

I consider myself musically bipolar because I am easily entertained by anything that doesn't suck.

Which unfortunately, in this time, many people do not have taste anymore. Plus with the decline of Hip Hop and rise of Dubstep to popularity, things will be worse. Considering how old school hip hop is corrupted into what you see today, Dubstep too will destroy the genre, ruin the reputation of the fanbase, horrible artists coming up, and soon die like every hopeless hype. This will leave only the real fans left, with wastelands of talent left after its mainstream days.

As for my "interest" and "genres" in music, don't judge what mine is, it's only the tip of the iceberg.

So my genre is most likely "Other" or "Various".

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Mine has to be ska music. Especially the 2 Tone ska in Britain (come on, The Specials are great! Ghost Town is still iconic today) in the 70s and 80s, and some of the Third Wave (Mighty Mighty Bosstones being perhaps my favourite of the Third Wave)

Years
    Trance is my favourite genre. Keen eyed users will see that trance is also present in my name. Trance is a type of electronic music.
    I somehow always listen to trance / retro when I come home from parties :p

other than that,
    dubstep (mainstream and deep)
    (liquid) drum & bass / jungle
    hip hop from the 90's mostly
    tech house
    and lately i've been listening to some uk garage too

Also there are a lot of pop / rock songs i like ...

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I am really into a few genres.

Classical- At the moment, I am really in love with Renaissance and Impressionist, but I also really like Baroque and Classical. I started with Baroque and Classical, and discovered Renaissance and Impressionist later. Both are really interesting, and make me feel feelings I can't feel from anything else. No music matches their level in that.

Progressive Rock/Jazz Rock - Well, not Jazz with Rock elements thrown in. I speak of the more Rock-side of Jazz Rock, like early Chicago and Blood, Sweat & Tears. And, in general, I prefer my Classic Rock to be more 'unique'. There are plenty of standard rock instrument classic rock songs I enjoy, but the majority have different instruments, because I love something unique.

That's really it for me, there is other music I love. Other jazz or classical (in set up of instruments) inspired forms of popular music like Baroque/Chamber Pop. I also really like the band Streetlight Manifesto, whatever you want to call them. People call them 'Ska Punk', but I hardly hear too much Ska influence in many of their songs. Either way they're awesome. =P

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    For me i'm mix, but i would say i'm mostly into oldies, jazz, disco, pop, 60s, 70s, 80s, instermentals, swing, classic country! jpop, enka,

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
    Years
    Meeetaaal! Specifically Thrash and Power! Also, everything is better with orchestras (Exhibit A: Metallica's S&M)! Actually, I like (or at least tolerate) all musical genres to a certain extent. Except screamo. I... I think I really hate screamo. No, I'm positive. Sorry.

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 11, 2012
    Alternative, Rock, and Electronic music are my fav genres. <3

I'm not a fan of country or Rap though, I dislike those genre's quite a lot actually...

I am open to metal and Pop though! It depends on the artist or song for me when it comes to those two.

Xero-chan

Raver
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2012
    ah. wow. I misunderstood this thread, I thought it was just stating a music genre that defines you. uh...

Here are the ones I enjoy.

Country

• Bluegrass
    Acapella

• Acapella
    • Beatboxing (Covers too)
    • Instrument Simulation Groups (Naturally Seven, comedians like Michael Winslow are good for this)

Electronic

• 8 Bit and Chiptunes
    • Ambient
    • Breakbeats
    • Classic Hits (Better Off Alone, etc.)
    • Dubstep/Electro Dubstep (both clean and grimy, very grimy)
    • Drum and Bass/Drumstep
    • Eurobeats
    • Gabber
    • (UK) Hardcore/Happy Hardcore/Nightcore
    • House/Electro House/Clubhouse
    • Trance (not really)/J Trance (this one more)/ Hard Trance (definitely)
    • Hardstyle/Jumpstyle (some for Jumpstyle)
    • Speedcore (some, mostly DJ Sharpnel/Sharpnelsound and other J-Core artists)
    • Techno
    • Vocaloid

Jazz

• Bebop
    • Bossa Nova (extremely, Sitti is my favorite female vocalist of all time)
    • Funk
    • Smooth Jazz (some, I don't like when it becomes Elevator Jazz)
    • Latin Jazz
    • Piano Jazz
    • Samba (not really Jazz sometimes, but I'll put it here)

Orchestral/Instrumental

• Video Game Instrumental/Orchestral Remakes (Final Fantasy esp.)
    • Violin Concerto (some, Four Seasons)

Pop

• K- Pop
    • J- Pop
    • Michael Jackson (he deserves his own category really, but I listen to some of the old stuff every once in a while)

Rock/Acoustic

• Acoustic Guitar
    • Metal (very very little, but there is some I like)
    • Old School/Classic Rock
    • Punk Rock (some, but very little)

Rap/Hip Hop

• Freestyle/Underground Rap (the one that tell stories, and not boast lies. Mainly Eminem, Kid Cudi, Busta Rhymes, and the fine line between old school and the new crap, early 2000 stuff)
    • R&B (when done right, nothing too mainstream)
    • Old School (some really old stuff is fine)

Other

• Anime OP's and ED's
    • Mainstream/Top 40 (It's either decent or a cry for attention)
    • Parody/Gag (Nyan Cat Remixes, Red Zone spin offs, Literal Version Songs, the usual meme related stuff)
    • Video Game Soundtracks (Really, check out THPS 1, sick stuff)

Gamercoke

Slacker
    Years
    I usually listen to Dubstep, electro, DnB, and other genres MonstercatMedia produces. But i can also listen to Rock, sometimes.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    I kinda like all music genres, except the RAP.
    I particularly love the Rock, the Pop and... The Pop-Rock :pink_nod: Also musics from musical comedy (it depends which one).
    And obviously Pokémon Music (yes, it deserves its own genre!).

Last edited:

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 11, 2012
    I kinda like all music genres, except the RAP.
    I particularly love the Rock, the Pop and... The Pop-Rock :pink_nod:
    And obviously Pokémon Music (yes, it deserves its own genre!).

If I didn't love pokemon's music then I wouldn't be on this forum right now! 8D

I especially love remixes and orchestrated versions, just to hear how it would sound if it were in an HD counsel game or movie.

Back