• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Music Genre

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    my favorite genres are...grunge,thrash metal,nerdcore rap,stoner rap,psychedelic rock and art rock.

Years
  • I really like Gothic metal, Symphonic Metal,Power Meta,Progressive Metal, Doom Metal...And Much More but these are my favorite. =)

Guest123_x1

Although I listen to a variety of genres (except Hip-Hop and Rap, which I can't stand), my favorite is oldies from the 1950s-1960s (particularly from before the British Invasion, which most 'oldies' stations won't even play anymore).

Years
  • Pretty much 1990's-Now Rock, Alt Rock, and associated forms. Nu metal, whatever it's classified as. Although I really like plenty of other genres, but Rock is most predominant on my Ipod.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • There really isn't one that I listen to more than the other, and I really do listen to as much of all genres as I can. Though at the moment, I'm in an ambient, post-rock, minimalistic phase, with bits of dream pop and chill stuff.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Huh... My music genre consists of alternative rock, hard rock, indie rock, piano rock, post-grunge, new wave, alternative metal, and progressive metal. I totally just looked up some bands and typed their genres listed there. :P

I am not fond of country, blues, rap, jazz, hip hop, R&B, etc.

At the end of the day, I hear a new song and I like it, I'll add it to my playlist.

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
    Years
  • HEAVY METAL! DESTROY EVERYTHING!!!

Yeah I'm mainly into all sorts of metal music.

You are my Hero!

I listen to Metal, Nu-metal, the kind of metal not allowed at your church, J-pop, J-rock, K-pop, K-rock, and anything thats not country or those stupid little Disney losers. Like Justin Beber...
    And considering my recrational and clubbing hobbies, I LOVE Dubstep, Techno and Trance.

Kurt Kobain killed himself one month after Justin Beiber was born.... he knew...

Haguri

Wish Maker Haguri
    Years
  • I love an genres, with the exception of country which I REALLY do NOT like ._.
    Though if I had to pick a favorite... I couldn't I suppose this isn't a genre, but anything in another language xD

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • Mostly Indie; Foster the People, Wolf Gang, Foals, Grizzly Bear, Band of Horses..
    And The Darkness :D

Zephyn

Rainmaker
    Years
  • Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Nu Metal, Alt Metal, Industrial Rock, Hard Rock, Classic Rock...

... and that's about it. I really can't stand Country, Pop, or Dubstep, to be honest.

TardisHobo

piranhapunk
    Years
  • Alternative, Alt. Punk, some new age Jazz/Blues (Stephen Jay, specifically), Electronica/Dance especially from the 90's and 00's, Metal, Pop, Punk, Rock... I also enjoy accordion and bagpipes more than the average person, I love Scottish Tribal music like the Wicked Tinkers... also, "Weird Al" Yankovic is my number one. My music tastes are... questionable, but that's okay. xD I'll only listen to rap if it's done well and I can actually undestand the lyrics, and I'm not a very big fan of whiny country music. There are a few country artists I enjoy, but I couldn't name them off the top of my head, as I don't listen to country music by choice... woah look at this post, I'm rambling. x:

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • Favorite: Rock, metal, or anything with a decent guitar solo/track
    Meh: "Real" music (As in stuff that is all real people, no computer sounds or autotune, just solid talent) Certain pop tracks
    Hates: New age, rap, majority of top list/mainstream, alot of things that are just weird sounds or other nonsense.....

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • It's not exactly a genre of music, but I typically listen to video game music the most. Other than that, I really like everything, but I guess my overall favourite would have to be metal.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I listen to mostly rock, alternative, punk, dubstep , Christian,and heavy metal/screamo. My favorite artist is Owl City so I can add electronic in there too. My music genre is a large verity of music.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I don't really have any special feelings towards one genre or another. If it's good music, I'll appreciate it irrespective of genre. That being said, it's harder for me to get into something like dubstep or the hardest of hard metal. But that's just because I haven't been exposed to enough good stuff to know what constitutes good music within that genre.

Alec Empire

Are you ready to testify?
    Years
  • I listen to so many genres, I can't even type all of them down, haha...
    My favorite genres would probably have to be Drum and Bass, Dubstep, Ambient, Glitch, Hardcore Punk, Breakcore, Witch House, Noise Rock, Chillwave and Industrial.

As a kid, I originally pored over old Funk, Disco and Hip-hop tracks. As I turned about 11, my older brother turned me on to Punk, and I only listened to Hardcore Punk from that point on.
    When I turned about 13, a friend of mine showed me some really cool Punk groups that were also electronic. From that point on, I began listening to a lot of Industrial Electro, Breakcore, and some Darkstep Drum and Bass.
    As the years passed, I began getting into all kinds of Drum and Bass. It was all that I was listening to, essentially. But I began listening to Funky House and UK Garage, and that eventually lead me into really early, chill Dubstep. I'm really starting to dislike the new vibes of Dubstep. All this WUBWUB is just idiotic.
    As I found out about Dubstep producers like Pangaea and Zomby, I found out about a lot of Chillwave and Indie.
    I still love all of that, though.

I listen to mostly rock, alternative, punk, dubstep , Christian,and heavy metal/screamo. My favorite artist is Owl City so I can add electronic in there too. My music genre is a large verity of music.

Dubstep is already Electronic, so with or without Owl City, you would've liked it. :D

Last edited:
    Back