• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Music Genre

Years
    Pop-Punk, Alternative, Post-Hardcore, Metalcore.
    Bands: My Chemical Romance, You Me At Six, Paramore, A Day to Remember, Bring me the Horizon.

Years
    My fave music genre is Dance and Dubstep.

I basically love every genre except Heavy Metal and Country.

Can't list any favorite singers/bands cos I like to keep it private.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Heavy Metal. Because the guitar work and the lyrics are generally amazing. Megadeth and Iron Maiden for the win.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    It's hard to pick just one, there are three genres that I love equally. Sometimes I like one more than the others, but usually I love the equally

Traditional heavy metal
    Country (not the modern mainstream crap, I'm talking Johnny Cash, Charlie Daniels, Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson and the like)
    Melodic hardcore

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
    I try to keep a wide variety of music on my iPod. There's Hardstyle, Heavy Metal, tons of Alternative, and even some Classical (Two Steps From Hell, Globus, etc.). For the past week or so I've been listening to The Wall and The Black Parade and almost nothing else.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Dubstep is already Electronic, so with or without Owl City, you would've liked it. :D
    Well true but they are two different types of electronic. Owl City is a lighter type of electronic music.iTunes considers him Alternative so I guess he's Electronic/Alternative.While dubstep is a very heavy type of electronic. I'm not really a big fan of all electronic. I really like electronic similar to Owl City, similar to bands and artist like M83 , Breathe Carolina, and The Postal Service.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    My family is in the business of classical music and opera, so that is what I grew up listening to and what I enjoy the most. Lately, though, Bloodmeat has been getting me into metal.

~Moonmover

All hail the dark gods of DÄS METÄL!!

~BLOODMEAT

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
    It's hard to pinpoint one genre of music that I like the most... It's a toss up between three... Techno, Metal, and Orchastral.

Mixes of those three almost always are awesome as well.

JPop is also nice. I can probably attribute that to Initial D though. :o

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
    Years
    R&B, Soul, Glam Rock, mainstream Pop. Mostly I like old Soul artists like Aretha and Whitney, though I only like a few of their songs. Mariah Carey on the other hand has a lot of songs I like, but I definitely would have liked them better if the former two sang them.

While I like a wide range of bands, most of them have some tie/resemblance to the Glam Rock genre (Guns N' Roses, Queen). I also like David Bowie who is kinda sorta influenced by Glam, rrrrrrrrrrrrrrright?

I've nothing against Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, but it's a rare occasion when one of their songs find their way into my iPod. Incidentally, all of the mainstream artists I like are British (Jessie J, Adele, Florence & The Machine).

tl;dr: R&B, Soul, Glam Rock, mainstream Pop.

HoodieDoodie

The Electric Soldier
    Years
    More classic pop (bands like Keane, The Smiths, The Cure etc., plus a bit of Mika and Lana Del Rey) and certainly not the trashy dancy stuff these days. Keane is my favourite band, and I'm honestly not sure what they would be, because they are completely different to the 'pop' we see these days.

R'n'B in moderation, Plan B and Eminem being a couple I listen to. Quite like old rock bands, Like Deep Purple and Thin Lizzy too. Adele is just about the only very, very mainstream artist I really enjoy, possibly Plan B but I'm not sure how mainstream he is. And a bit of Ne-yo occasionally. And Dappy. lol.

I really dislike stuff like Nicki Minaj, Beyonce, Katy Perry (theres an occasional one I like), David Guetta, Pitbull, and One Direction (most disliked). I guess its just taste, but I can listen to these songs once and then can't anymore because they do my head in. Titanium (David Guetta) being the only exception here.

Years
    I'll listen to nearly everything with the exception of Country. However, my favorite genre is probably Indie rock. Modest Mouse, Death Cab For Cutie, This Town Needs Guns, etc.

TY

I really like Drum and Bass, Dubstep and Video Game music, as they fit my style in a way...

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Christian Rock (Anberlin, Skillet), Alt Rock (Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace), whatever Papa Roach is (Nu Metal, apparently), Punk Rock (Blink 182), and lastly hard rock (Bullet for My Valentine). The first two bands are my all time faves, though

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    My brain enjoys just about every genre in some way...my heart loves the blues. Old stuff, like Delta Blues. Son House, Leadbelly, etc.

Back