• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your music

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Okay, like many people out there, I dislike many genres of music. My greatest hate now is this rap/hip hop/pop thing where all they talk about is how crap their life is, s*x, drugs and money. (this is a preconception i have).

Whereas i like to listen to Punk Rock, Alternative and the many strands of Metal (mostly death metal, black metal, symphonic metal,etc.)

I want to know what music genre or just plain music you listen to and why? What do you like about it? What makes you want to listen to it?

I am curious to see what people say.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Hey now, disliking entire genres of music is nothing to be proud of. =/

I find it funny that you had to type those first few sentences when they really have no relation to your questions at all.

Anyway I listen to a lot of genres of music. I try to keep an open-mind towards all kinds. I'm sure I could find something I like in every genre if I tried.

But right now I'm obsessed with Impressionism music. Why do I like it? I don't know, there's just something very fascinating about it. It's music with a mood its very own. I guess a lot of people don't like the harmonies, but I think they're really interesting. As I said it brings about a mood that only it can. In fact I can't think of any other genre of music that brings me into it so much.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I listen to Post-hardcore, Screamo, Metal (heavy metal, death metal, deathcore, etc.)

Years
    I listen to anything except for country.

I mainly listen to alternative/screamo/death metal/Techno

Bands like The Devil Wears Prada, Parkway Drive, Family Force 5, and Paramore.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    I listen to pretty much anything that comes my way. I'm not at all into rap though, though I can tolerate some (Hollywood undead, Linkin Park). Which is a shame, since my friends are hardcore rap obsessed.

My current trend is the rock/metal trend. I don't know why, it just pumps me up so much. I'm all for a bit of pop/dance/trance/techno though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'll listen to anything, really. I have no preferred genre because I can find something in every genre that I'll end up liking. My favorite bands/artists are Kings of Leon, Deftones, Nirvana, Death Cab For Cutie, and Lady Gaga.

Years
    I absolutely love synth-pop from the 80's~ Some of my favourite bands include A Flock of Seagulls, Tears for Fears, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, and Depeche Mode. <3 Although I do like heavy metal and rock, too.

Even though I didn't grow up in the 80's, I never really could get into much music from other decades. It just doesn't have the same quirkiness about it.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Not really a fan of thug rap, if that can be a genre. I don't need to listen to a guy rhyme about how he's getting "down with the b's and h's" or murdering someone. So put on some Eminem and I'll love it. :D

I mostly listen to rock/alternative/etc., but I have every sort of music on my iPod. I've got a few favorites, like Kings of Leon, John Mayer, and Eminem.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i like to think i've got pretty diverse taste. not a fan of the "reggaeton" i guess. i think i primarily listen to indie-folk, at least that's the first genre i go for when i feel like listening to something. lately, though, i've been obsessing over The Antlers, what my boyfriend calls "baw-core." i wouldn't know how to label them, but i think he hit the nail on the head.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I listen to a variety of different stuff, but my favorites are Alternative Rock, Folk Rock, Folk Pop, Alternative Country, and just general Rock/Pop stuff.

Years
    I like to a listen to a range of genres.

Hip-hop, rap, pop, indie, rock, almost anything. Some of the artists I like cover a range of genres instead of sticking to one so that widens it too.

Gorillaz are great for this, they're always experimenting and they have guest artists on most tracks to keep the genre changing.

So pretty much anything, mainly into hip-hop/rap at the moment. I agree about some of the rap just being about the same things.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I listen to lots of instrumental rock, ambient and electronic music, also lots of alternative rock and "indie" rock. I was a huge fan of metal a few years ago. I don't listen to it as much as I use to, but I like to keep up with the bands I did love.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My music taste ranges from Tupac to Green Day, so I'll pretty much listen to anything. Except for hardcore metal. I enjoy not having my ear drums blown out.

I listen to different genres/songs for different reasons. For instance, if for some reason I get fueled up with irritation for a certain group of individuals, I might listen to some of the Arcade Fire. If I'm going through a particularly rough patch in my love life, I might listen to Johnny Cash and so on. Other times, I just listen to stuff because I'm bored. There's no real definite answer to your question for me.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I listen to pretty much any song I find suitable to my tastes. This goes from rap and rock all the way to foreign music and video game music lolz. I haven't really had much love for all the new rap as its pretty terrible but old school will always be the shiz :D.

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    my favorite type of music is power metal metal and all kinds of metal.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Mainly what I like most is Electropop, or pop with lots of synths in it. I also usually always like ballads, songs that make you feel good or funny, senseless stuff that's fun to listen and sing along to.

I'll usually like the song if there are a lot of lyrics and it's sung fast, just mainly because I like people that talk/sing fast.

I also like Christmas stuff... not exactly cause the music's good but it's nice to listen to and puts you in good spirits. :D

I also will probably like a song if it's really sad, or makes me emotional in any way. Even if I can't relate to the situation, it's still good.

And lastly, usually I don't listen to guys. I like the way girls sing, and all guys usually sound the same or annoying, so... Girls are easier to listen to. XD

kasabian_

Good bye
    Years
    I can listen to just about anything.
    I have Iron Maiden to Bob Dylan, The Beatles to Eminem, Kasabian to The Who.
    You name it, and I got it : D

Back