• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your music

Hassamu

Beamin'
    Years
    My greatest hate now is this rap/hip hop/pop thing where all they talk about is how crap their life is, s*x, drugs and money. (this is a preconception i have).

That's a pretty close-minded view of rap to be honest. I'm no big rap fan but to say that rap is only about those things is just wrong really.

Personally I tryto be fairly diverse in what I listen to.

I like some metal and hardcore stuff, rock, punk, pop-punk, some rap, a bit of dance/electronic and some of the old classic rock stuff that my parents would listen to when I was younger. :laugh:

I would list some bands but I can't really be bothered.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    I like....

Japanese music (Including J-Rock, J-Pop, and others like that)
    Rock alternitive
    Instrumental
    Rock
    (Out of all of them, Green day, SCANDAL, Fall Out Boy, Aya Hirano, Paramore, Utada Hikaru & Slipknot are the best)
    I HATE Pop and Hiphop/Rap.....Unless It's Japanese!....J-Rap's good if it's pop or rock based. :D

Last edited:

Chellychu

⊙ ◡ ⊙ ♥
    Years
    I like most kinds of music. There's always something good in every genre. :]
    But my favorites are: Alternative, Punk, Indie, and 80's(not really a genre, but still).

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    My friends know that I'm quite picky with my musical preferences. It has to be a certain way with a band for me to listen to the band... ^_^" I mostly listen to gothic rock and gothic metal, though somewhere in there symphonic rock and symphonic metal are present as well. Bands like Evanescence, We Are The Fallen, Nightwish, and Within Temptation, among others, really appeal to me. I do prefer female vocals singing rock and metal instead of male.

I can't stand rap music, though. I honestly think it's way too overrated. Plus the lyrics really annoy me. I'm a person who loves music for their lyrics, too. I can bet you that Amy Lee writes better than any rapper, because her songs have deep meaning and poetry, to say the least. (I'm not saying rap might not have that, I just haven't seen any before...ever.)

Years
    I mostly listen to rap (haters gonna hate). Very often I listen also to punk rock, alternative, movie music, a little bit of trance, house ain't bad too, I love 80's and early 90's hits. Btw. get yourselves a last.fm and you'll see.

Click

Years
    Some of the more classic jazz artists (Theolonius Monk, John Coltrane, Miles Davis), some rap (Wu-Tang, Poor Righteous Teachers, Pharcyde) and 90s pop (Atomic Kitten, Christinia Aguilera, and Enrique Ingelsias) and am pretty into the punk (Gang of Four, Ramones) and the underground punk scene here in NYC.

I tend to have pretty diverse tastes.

richmix

The black trainer
    Years
    My tastes in music are...eclectic. I don't limit myself to one genre...if I like it, I like it regardless of what labels record companies put on it. I have a tendency to dislike anything too "hardcore" either in the Rap/Hip-hop end or the Metal end of the spectrum, but I have songs on my playlist on every other point of the grid from Kid Cudi, to Eminem, to Souldja Boy, to Christina Aguilara, to Lady Gaga, to Taylor Swift, to Linking Park, to Queen, to Black Sabbath....just to name a few. :/
    Im just like timbjerr except for the Soulja boy part...he suck. I absolutly hate mainstream hip hop/rap.Im all about the undergroud. Radiohead is my favorite alt rock band. And Lupe is the ISH!!!!(best)

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    My username implies that I love music. My love for music ranges from Classical to Heavy Metal. I just don't like some artists, and some songs (Personal preference) I'm addicted to K-Pop right now. :D

Years
    I quite like Rap/Hip-hop and R&B. You know,all of the recent music for teens and such. I'm taking quite a liking in some k-pop as well(sue me, i'm an asian after all).

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I genrally listen to Pop, Electronic/Dance, Alternative, R&B, and Hip Hop/Rap. I do venture out to some Rock though, like I am currently getting into Avenged Sevenfold, and I've always loved Rob Zombie and Hoobastank... I am very open. My iTunes goes from Beyonce, to Jeffree Star, to Jay-Z in one playlist.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm pretty much all-round when it comes to music. I think I tend to stay in the "Pop" genre (JPop) and Soundtracks/OST, but there are a few artists from Country that I like, along with Rock, Alternative, and even Hip Hop/Rap. I don't think there are any artists I particularly like that are in the Metal Genre though.

Years
    I listen to lots of genres such as India, Metalcore, Deathcore, Post Hardcore, Punk, Avant Garde, Pop Punk, Acoustic, etc.

I absolutely hate pop music though, where the lack of effort and talent continues to bomard and tarnish the good name of music. It seems like any kid could sing over a crappy 10 second recycled loop and auto tune his voice and he instanty makes millions.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    Hmm... I like a lot of genres. I don't like rap, though, and I usually don't like hip-hip/pop, but sometimes I do (it depends on the song and what mood I'm in). Mainly, I like alternative rock, hard rock, punk, techno, and those nice pretty songs that sound, like, celtic. :)
    Oh, and J-rock, of course.

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
    It's very varied. c:
    I listen to :
    Rock, Alternative, Metal (just a little), Classic Music, Vocal Music, Animes/Mangas OST, Movies OST, Video Games OST, J-Music of course, and many more... (:​

I'm not keen on songs like Lady Gaga's, Beyonce's, etc... >>
    I'm more into bands like Skillet, 30 Seconds To Mars, Muse, Three Days Grace, Gregorians, Three Doors Down, Rasmus, Breaking Benjamin, Nickelback, Seether, Morcheeva, Abingdon Boys School, etc...​

I love songs with philosophical lyrics too. They can help you in certain situations, or just make you relax and forget your problems for a while. And sometimes, they can express our feelings.​

Back