• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Fun fact: Ice Cream line was created by an American.

Hey! Don't forget Baruchai/Vullaby(?):

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Well, the guy who designed Crimgan needs to be thrashed first of all. XP

Haha, when I first saw its sprite I thought it looked hideous... but now that I saw its official art, it looks a lot cooler than I thought. Though, it is still one of the low points in this Gen if you ask me, especially considering its stats compared to other Dragon types. :(

Hey! Don't forget Baruchai/Vullaby(?):

That and the Golem line! I forget their name... the Ghost/Ground type.

Years
    Lol, I don't get why most people don't like the vulture line. A vulture Pokemon is much more unexpected than an eagle Pokemon, IMO. And it didn't follow the Normal/Flying combination that most bird Pokemon have. Maybe because I like Murkrow's line so much, and Baruchai/Barujina are kinda similar to it. x3

And I only remember the (possible) English names for the golem line. I think it was "Golett" and "Golurk".
    Hah, look at me already remembering names that might not even be real. Smh. xD

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I just don't like their designs =/ I like the idea of them, and I find it interesting that they're only females. I just think that maybe they could have been pulled off better, even if the whole egg/skull clothes thing is pretty original. XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I really don't like the looks of the vulture pokémon. The first one. The evolution is a little better. But Wargle... eh, I mean Braviary looks so much better and it's prevolution is one of the most adorable things I've seen. Like a flying kitten! Sort of.

Those birds are exclusive to versions, aren't they? Which version has Warg-, eh Braviary and which has Vullaby?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I really don't like the looks of the vulture pokémon. The first one. The evolution is a little better. But Wargle... eh, I mean Braviary looks so much better and it's prevolution is one of the most adorable things I've seen. Like a flying kitten! Sort of.

Those birds are exclusive to versions, aren't they? Which version has Warg-, eh Braviary and which has Vullaby?

The Vultures are on Black while the Eagles are on White. =)

Years
    I just don't like their designs =/ I like the idea of them, and I find it interesting that they're only females. I just think that maybe they could have been pulled off better, even if the whole egg/skull clothes thing is pretty original. XD

Maybe it's supposed to represent a caveman (cavewoman I suppose, lol).
    I still don't get why GF didn't make Braviary a Fighting/Flying type. That would've worked perfectly for it's war-like spirit. Maybe they didn't want any references to war when they made it... even though it's Jap. name is WARgle. xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yay, even more reason for me to get White~

Also, the three monkeys have grown on me. I thought they were a bit, well, too much at first. Other "trios" aren't THAT apparent with their connection in terms of looks. Example Jynx-Electabuzz-Magmar, Hitmonchan-Hitmonlee-Hitmontop... even though the latter have the same prevo they aren't too alike. But these monkeys are just boring in their designs.

And then I watched the anime. And Pansage is simply awesome. So... they are ok ^^

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

I still don't get why GF didn't make Braviary a Fighting/Flying type. That would've worked perfectly for it's war-like spirit. Maybe they didn't want any references to war when they made it... even though it's Jap. name is WARgle. xD

They probably didn't want to use up all the cool combo typings for this generation. :P

Hydreigon

R a w r
    Years

I think that would have been really cool. :D Fighting/Flying would mean STAB Superpower. Ouchies. Plus, it would have made Braviary the only flying type Pokemon not totally walled by Rock/Steel Pokemon.

Also, Braviary > Staraptor. It's true.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    In my opinion, I like the Cavebirds better than the Braviary line. She's better defensively and she reminds me of Marowak. I've used both and I like the Black exclusive bird better. Maybe because my play style is more of a Survivability > Beatdown, but I still like Braviary though.

Years
    I like Braviary over the Cave-birds. Briaviary actually looks like a 'War bird'. I prefer its design over the others.

And the day they make a Grass/Fire or Fire/Water Pokemon shall be the day the world ends. XD;;

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Braviary >>>>>> Barujiina. I don't care if Baruchai and Barujina can defend themselves well, but like Shieldon and Bastiodon before them, they have poor offensive stats. The only redeeming quality on them is Nasty Plot and the STAB moves to use with it (Air Slash and Dark Pulse). Or it's because I like going on the hyper-offensive. I also was put off by their ugly designs for female Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2011
    Doredia..er, Lilligant happens to be my favorite Gen V Pokémon out of all. I guess my avatar and username makes that pretty clear though, haha. ;) Braviary is pretty awesome too, definitely going to use it as my flying type on my team.

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    I was, and stilll am, pretty annoyed they made Braviary male only, and vice versa with Wilma Vulture Flintstone. But ah well. I also wish they'd made him Fighting/Flying, it was the perfect opportunity to do so.

But anyway, my favorites would have to be Shanderaa, Pendra, Burungel (m), Kojondo, Sazandoraa, Zebraika, Jalorda's line, Choroneko and Leopardas, Doredia and Erufuun, Desukan, Zugurru, and Bachuru/Denchura.

On the other hand, I hate all the other fighting types, especially the muscley clown thing, as well as Crimgan, Maggyo, and the majority of legendaries. Yup. OH AND THE FROG TADPOLE THING WITH THE TROLL FACE OF DEATH.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Lol, I don't get why most people don't like the vulture line. A vulture Pokemon is much more unexpected than an eagle Pokemon, IMO. And it didn't follow the Normal/Flying combination that most bird Pokemon have. Maybe because I like Murkrow's line so much, and Baruchai/Barujina are kinda similar to it. x3

And I only remember the (possible) English names for the golem line. I think it was "Golett" and "Golurk".
    Hah, look at me already remembering names that might not even be real. Smh. xD

Yeah, I like Baruchai/Vullaby just as much as Washibon/Braviary, plus Vullaby has a better total stat base than Honchkrow.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I prefer Vullaby/Mandibuzz slightly over Rufflet/Braviary.....but only slightly. I like both of them in terms of design but I find the vultures typing more interesting, plus it's the first really defensive bird pokemon.

Having said that I'm getting Pokemon White (Reuniclus conquers all :3)

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    I want to know what the designers were smoking when they came up with this thing:

Say what you will about some of the Gen IV Pokemon, but this monstrosity is by far the worst design for a Pokemon I have ever laid my eyes on. Absolutely horrific.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back